'Dancing With the Stars 3' Casting

us_weekly_logo.jpg

'Dancing With the Stars' Casting Leak

lopez_mario.jpgfox_vivica_185.jpghamlin.jpg

Mario Lopez .......................................... Vivica A. Fox ........................................ Harry Hamlin

The list of stars lined up for next fall's "Dancing With the Stars" is one of TV's rare secrets. But some names appear to be leaking out anyway. Stunner Vivica A. Fox and actor Mario Lopez are said to be the latest to sign up, according to Us Weekly magazine.

Harry Hamlin, husband of last year's final-three contestant, Lisa Rinna, has already been rumored to be in the upcoming crew. He reportedly lobbied hard to get on the show after he saw how caught up his wife became in the competition.

ABC refused to talk about the casting. The show

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno imo they should cast exciting people no one wants to see a former teen star that cheated on the doritos girl. Harry hamlin would be ok i suppose. vivica A fox i wouldnt wanna see if these rumors are true i most likely wont be watching. Im not a fan of it as it is.

I am of the opinion that we saw enough of Harry Hamlin last year, and if he's on, we'll have to see ( and hear) more of Lisa. Now, I don't hate her or anything, but she had her shot, and now she's done. No re-runs please!

• 1 month later...

They had a commercial today that said all 11 stars will be announced on Monday I believe on Good Morning America...all they said was one movie star and someone from the talk show arena...I guess we will get more info as the commercials continue on over the weekend coming

Courtesy of: 6ABC.COM

The New Stars are Out!

August 14, 2006 - ABC's hit show "Dancing with the Stars" returns to the airwaves this fall with a new cast, and the lineup has just been announced on 6abc!

Last year, Drew Lachey (formerly of the boy band Ninety-eight Degrees) and his partner took home the title. The season before, local native Kelly Monaco was caught in a fierce competition with former Seinfeld co-star John O'Hurley. Monaco won at the end of the regular season, but O'Hurley won a special dance-off competition.

This year's participants are: talk show host Jerry Springer, actress Vivica A. Fox, MSNBC political talk show host Tucker Carlson, actor Joseph Lawrence, NFL running back Emmit Smith, actor Harry Hamlin (who is married to this year's co-host Lisa Rinna), actor Mario Lopez of "Saved by the Bell" fame, Willa Ford, Monique Coleman of Disney's "High School Musical," and country musician Sara Evans and model Shanna Moakler.

The season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars" is Tuesday, September 12 on 6abc!

(Copyright 2006 by 6abc and Action News. All rights reserved.)

Dancing with the Stars Season Premiere Tuesday September 12 at 8pm Eastern on ABC

Results show on Wednesday September 13 at 8pm Eastern on ABC

ap_100.jpg

'Dancing With the Stars' Cast Confirmed

NEW YORK, New York -- Tucker Carlson of MSNBC and talk-show host Jerry Springer will be among the celebrities competing on the third season of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars." The new season of the show

The Men:

carlson_sm.jpghamlin_sm.jpgJoeyLawrence_sm.jpg

Tucker Carlson .......................... Harry Hamlin ............................ Joe Lawrence

lopez_mario_sm.jpgsmith_emmitt_sm.jpgjerryspringer1.jpg

Mario Lopez ............................... Emmitt Smith ........................... Jerry Springer

The Women:

monique_coleman2.jpgsara_evans_150.jpgwilla_ford_sm.jpg

Monique Coleman ..................... Sara Evans ................................ Willa Ford

vivica_fox_sm.jpgShanna_Moakler_sm.jpg

Vivica A. Fox ............................. Shanna Moakler

Guest StarBaby

Any word on the professionals that each celeb will be paired with? I saw Harry Hamlin on something Friday (can't remember what), and he was practicing with the short dark haired woman that was stuck with Master P last year (her name escapes me at the moment).

NEVER MIND!! LOL -- I just saw the individual threads that have the pairings! DUH!

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Dancing with the Stars 3 Preview!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060911insider1.jpg

Tom Bergeron, Dancing with the Stars

Strap on the cummerbund and stock up on sequins, because Season 3 of ABC's uber popular Dancing with the Stars is here (premiering Tuesday at 8 pm/ET). TVGuide.com caught up with the contest's perennial host, Tom Bergeron, for a peek at the fancy footwork ahead.

TVGuide.com: What is Tom Bergeron up to just days before the premiere of a new season of Dancing with the Stars?

Tom Bergeron: Getting a dining-room set delivered. I live a glamorous showbiz life.

TVGuide.com: Any tweaks or twists for the new season? Or are we not messing with the show that reaps ridiculously high ratings?

Bergeron: Well, there is that. I mean, the core of it we're not messing with. But we're going 10 weeks instead of eight....

TVGuide.com: I believe that's known as "milking it."

Bergeron: You're exactly right

Wow, Gerry Springer wasn't that bad - lol

If people vote based on merit, hopefully Tucker Carlson'll get the boot tomorrow :)

Joey Lawrence looks so different now!

Go Vivica!

Go Harry!

Go Mario!

Go Emmitt!

PS I heard Shana Moakler had an affair with her dance partner while she was still living with her husband (Travis Barker) :o

PPS Oh on, Mario Lopez cheated on Ali Landry!?! :angry:

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski

September 12, 2006: They Feel Like Dancing

Loved the new bigger and better set. The chandeliers and balcony seats add a kind of theater glamour to the show. Tom Bergeron was back in top form with his snappy comments, proving he's one of the best reality-show hosts out there. And the judges were back to bickering amongst themselves in no time. As for the new crop of stars, some lived up to expected awkwardness, while some surprised.

Let's start with the top of the pack: Mario Lopez. Sure, I expected A.C. Slater could dance well; after all, he had some pretty killer moves back at those Bayside High dances. But I never expected his dancing to be that good: those hips, those feet, those dimples. Did I mention his dancing was really good? He has the lean body of a dancer, and could almost pass for one of the professionals. And right on his heels in the competition was Emmitt Smith. After fellow football great Jerry Rice made it to runner-up in the competition last year, it should be no surprise that football players can dance. But Emmitt's natural ease on the dance floor was mighty impressive. And his hip action was terrific. And while he wasn't exactly in Mario and Emmitt's league, Joey Lawrence gave an energized performance and showed he has some good moves. I'm still getting used to his new look, and I was a little worried that his new Rambo-style build would make him top-heavy and therefore not light on his feet, but he proved me wrong.

Also very good: Vivica A. Fox. There was a lot of talk about how she was the oldest female competitor, but I think she showed everyone that age doesn't matter. She was sexy and confident and bested her younger female competition. Not that they didn't put up a fight: Willa Ford also gave a seductive performance, and young Monique Coleman was very graceful. Shanna Moakler's attempt at the fox-trot was so-so, but she does win hands down for costume with the most distracting fringe. As for Sara Evans, she gave the quietest performance of the night. There were moments of grace in it, but her nervousness seemed to overtake her most of the time.

And now onto the disappointment of the evening: Harry Hamlin. I really expected more from Mr. L.A. Law, as did the judges. He's got a great build for dancing, and he had the benefit of watching his wife, Lisa Rinna, go through this experience last season. And yet, he was extremely stiff and ill at ease.

Last but not least, there were the class clowns: Tucker Carlson and Jerry Springer. It's hard to call what Tucker did "dancing," since he sat on a chair for most of the number. Then he sort of walked. But he gets points for having a good time out there. The man didn't stop smiling. Oh, and he also gets points for ditching the bow tie during the performance. And Jerry... was not as bad as Tucker. He actually moved on the dance floor. As Bruno Tonioli said, it looks like Jerry's trying to be this season's George Hamilton (only a less debonair version), and relying on that humor angle could carry him for a few weeks. Plus, it's sweet that he's learning to dance for his daughter's wedding.

If there's any justice, Tucker will be the first one going home. But, just as people like to see bad singers stick around for a while on American Idol, I think they also enjoy seeing bad dancers embarrass themselves. So I think Tucker might stay, with Sara perhaps being the first one sent home.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing With The Stars

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski September 13, 2006: Tucker's Last Tango

Yes, I know Tucker Carlson didn

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski

September 19, 2006: Two Former Teen Idols, a Diva and a Pizza Metaphor

Only on a reality-TV show could a dance performance be compared to a pizza (the weirdest dance metaphor ever) and still be a semi-compliment. While I agree with Len Goodman that Vivica A. Fox

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski

September 20, 2006: Shanna's Swan Song

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski

September 26, 2006: Breakin' All the Rules

Did Mario Lopez learn his lesson from last week regarding following the rules? Apparently not. Once again, he did not adhere to

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski

September 27, 2006: No More Mr. Serious

From the start, Tom Bergeron was paraphrasing a clich

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Dancing with the Stars performances are pre-taped; the audience claps for an empty stage

The performances during the allegedly

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski

October 3, 2006: Rockin' the Ballroom

Who thought it would be a good idea to dance the paso doble to Bon Jovi? Seriously

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski

October 4, 2006: A Class Act Takes Leave

Call me superstitious, but when Vivica A. Fox was interviewed backstage and said that her performance and fan base were

Dancing with the Stars

by Jennifer Sankowski

October 10, 2006: Carnivale!

There certainly was a festive mood in the ballroom tonight with an all-Latin dance theme. The party spirit was even contagious among the judges who were handing out quite a few 9's, which resulted in a four-way tie for the top spot. However, I think one performance should have received at least one or two more points to stand out alone on top: Emmitt Smith

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name