Who would you respect more?

That's such a good question! It's funny because generally we all tend to value loyalty and honesty out in the real world but then when it comes to BB the people who lie and backstab get all the kudos for being the best players and the real gamers :lol:

Okay, well not all the time I guess . . . like Danielle is like legendary for lying to Marcellas and we tend to praise her for 'duping' him. But then Drew did the same thing to Diane and most of us just kind of feel sad. Then at the other end of the spectrum was Jennifer going back on her word to Kaysar and suddenly she's a whore . . .

. . . maybe I'm just rationalizing because I liked certain people more than others, but the Jennifer lie does seem worse because it was a bargained for exchange that was made when she was in a position to say no and still win HOH - that kind of makes her look like she lied because it was the easy way out (?) Drew's 'lie' makes me feel sad mostly because Diane's feelings got hurt and he could have at least given her a heads up instead of telling her 30 seconds before she had to leave the house but he didn't. Danielle's lie seems like more of a 'dupe' because Marcellas maybe should have known better (?) Like why would a friend ever ask you to do something that goes against your self-interest unless they were playing you?

I think that for me is why I don't see loyalty that has no bounds like Ivette's is all that praiseworthy . . . why would you stay loyal to somebody you've only known for a couple of months if they're asking you to put them ahead of your own family and friends? If you're not getting anything in return, then are they really worthy?

I don't know . . . :)

Imagine how boring it would be if everybody told the truth and nobody tried to manipulate anybody else, or stab them in the back. Snoozefest!

Alliance?...shmalliance....

The object is to win.....it's not a popularity contest!

That's mostly accurate... it's not a popularity contest but, you do have to get the votes in the end so in some ways you have to keep that in mind. Which is what Ivette didn't do and why she lost to Maggie.

i respect those who earn there victories not someone like lisa who just ends up there and win by default.

To me, it really depends on the lie. Some lies push the boundaries a little. Lying about an alliance? Of course, lying about the little petty things? Sure, it is BB after all. Lying about say, your grandmother dying? I know that wasn't BB, but for me, that's where the lying crosses the line. In BB, obviously you're going to have to lie at some point in time, no doubt about it. But there's a certain moral line when it comes to lying, for me.

In BB and in real life, there are certain things that you just don't lie about. People dying, people talking bad about somebody's children, I think that also crosses the line. But that's just me. Lying on the Bible, I don't respect that either, especially if you're a supposed Christian or anybody who believes in the Bible. Same with any other religious figure of any religion. That's just one of a few things where I think lying really crosses the line.

However, I think it depends. I respect Sarah, very very much. She's a very sweet honest girl. And I respect her for that, I just don't respect the way she played the game. I respect say, Dr. Will, in the fact that he played the game for what it was. He played it, and he won it. But if in real life, he is the way he was in the house, I would never respect him. But what he did in BB I do respect.

It depends on the lies for me.

I've been thinking about this question for a while... it's really hard to answer but, I tend to agree with the person earlier who said they like who they like for varying reasons.

In general, I like the players that try to play the game by keeping their word, with honesty and integrity.

However, if they're put in a corner and have to lie to maintain an alliance or to not show their "cards" then I don't fault them. (Last year someone mentioned poker as an anology... and it's about right on. In poker generally you play you're cards straight up but, you have to be constantly looking for the right opportunity to bluff or push a person out based on position, weakness shown, etc. Bluffing is part of the game and you can't win if you don't do it.)

I don't have much respect for the players that go into it lying for no apparent reason and seem to get joy out of breaking their word when it wasn't necessary. Imo, it's easy to lie like Dr. Will because he didn't care if he was caught in a lie, he just charmed his way out of it. It's much more difficult to have integrity and play the game with skill (strategic lies, so that everyone thinks your honest... lol) however, the hardest is probably James style... he had no problem lying but, he didn't want to get caught so, he had to keep them all straight in his head... that's hard... LOL

Lying and gossip and backstabbing... OH MY!!! We have so much to look forward to!

The lying definitely is part of the game, and I don't mind it one bit. I like 'smart lying'. Lying that has a plan. I don't care for random lying, or breaking of promises. Like, Jennifer last year with Kaysar.....she out and out lied, and then tried to say she didn't. What a bunch of BS. I didn't see the BB with Dr. Will- I wish I had. But I did see with Danielle. I liked the way she played. I wished she would have won ( who did win that one anyway?) Her and Jason's deception was carefully planned out. She didn't make excuses-- it was the way she chose to play. Most of the people in the house did not respect her for it however, so she didn't end up winning. I guess when you feel like you've been duped, it's hard not to hold a grudge.

What I can't stand are the hypocrites, who lie, but insist they don't. I think that was what bugged me the most about the nerd herd last year. So self-righteous, and seeminly blind to their own actions. I think it's ok to play a little dirty, but there should be a reason behind it - something that will get YOU further in the game--, and you should own it, not deny it.

Well I respect the people who stick with their alliances & are as truthful as possible but man o man it sure would be a boring show if all we had to watch was a housefull of honest people with high moral integrity winking0045.gif

Archived