Who would you respect more?

Okay, I have a question for you all.

Would you respect someone who didn't lie at all, and stuck mostly with their alliance and true to only one alliance, or someone who lied to everyone in the house, to get to the end?

I think it's ridiculous when people get mad at others for lying on the show, because, it's for half a million dollars, and I think you're stupid to throw that away for someone you just met, I know I wouldn't, to me, that's a hell of a lot of money and I definitely wouldn't just throw it away just to be nice and keep my word.

Yeah, whatever it's nice you kept your word, but you could lose a lot of money for that.

JMO, what do you all think?

that's a tough one. 4 me i think it all depends on who the person is n who they're either backstabbing or who they're being loyal to. it all depends because on season 2 i loved will but he lied to everyone. then on season 6 i was kinda mad at james 4 what he was doin 2 the group and i actualli thought what he was doin was stupid but if i had agreed with what he was doing i probably would have looked at it differently. so i cant really answer that question the right way. so i really don't know

This is something that i have actullay thought a lot about. You see, if i were the one playing the game i would keep my alliances and try my hardest never to break them becuase friendship is something i like to hold on to but when i watch the shows, i usually find myself voting for the person who played the actual game even if it included backstabbing and breaking alliances and friendships. This subject just confuses me.

I don't really mind the lying -- that's just part of the game and is to be expected. Even being a part of more than one alliance is okay, too. That helps to make it interesting. Where I would draw the line is when someone really takes no action to speak of and just floats. Floaters to me get the least respect because they never really do anything (Jun). Well except maybe the coattail riders (Drew). They're pretty disgusting as well.

I've thought about that, too, and I think I would try to keep my word and only lie when the money is on the line, I wouldn't lie like Dr.Will did, just making up random things for the hell of it, even though it did make it more fun watching him just saying random things, but it just bothers me when people are like, he doesn't deserve it, he lied, well, lying helped him get to the end and I respect him for that.

Well, you can be an honest person but have to lie..if someone in the house starts asking you if you are in an alliance you're not going to say ..'yes I am and you're not in it' so they can run back to their alliance to start planning how to break your team up...so you have to lie at some point in the game becasue everyone becomes friends with the other alliance members and has to lie and say they are either not in one or say they are, cause everyone is always looking for votes, so it's a hard question to answer and I don't know if my answer made any sense.but I think the lies start because of the friendships that form with the other teams and everyone starts walking on egg shells..but it is usually obvious who is with who and who isn't....

Sorry to answer your question I would respect someone who did both. It is a game and they only have to live with the other players for the duration of the game, but the money is something that can change their lives and the lives of their families, so I think everyone understands that lying is part of the game, even if the HGs get mad about it, they know at some point they will have to do it too maybe cause the money is the main prize not friendship..

I respect the liars more because they are outwardly playing the game. Friendship is nice, but people have to realize the reason they are in the BB house in the first place. You've known these people absolutely no time at all and suddenly you're willing to throw away a half of mil for them? I think not.

Exactly! You always hear them saying friendship is worth more, but they went there to win money, not to make friends, I think they say it cause of the viewers..and not because they mean it...I know I would play for the money, not the friendships. At least the liars are truthful!

It's all about the game play. I wind up disliking more the ones who get duped, because they were gullible enough to believe the liar.

For instance, I liked Kaysar until he took his hand off the buzzer...I knew he got fooled and than thought he deserves what he gets for here on now.

Howie- believed the S6 and went against his alliance--he got what he deserved too.

Those are some instances from the past season...but think about this: Danielle and Jason lied the whole time about their alliance and yet I thought they were the two most likeable that season and the same goes for the Evil Dr. Will - lied and made everyone do his dirty work.

In the end, though I don't endorse lying - I do endorse great game play in order to make it to the end - Why do those people fool themselves into thinking they went there to form new friendships? It's really all about the money.

A lot of you know so much about the players, and I thought I was a big fan, you all seem to pay close attention to details and I am learning a lot here about them all...thanks for all the posts members )

I htink you need to lie in the game but it's how you do it. I don't like the dirty, lying players. Like Jenn and April last year, causing crap or Micheal, and Jenn later lying to Kaysar. But James lied a bit, he was a good player. My favorite player off all was Lisa, BB3, I like the way she played the game. Allison and Jun BB4, floaters, totally didnt' like the way they played at all. You play to win, not float on everyone else to win.

No disrespect tended but this is BB,I don't think you can put respect and BB in the same sentence. Everyone going in to the game knows they have a chance to win the money.They'll do whatever they have to do to remain in the game.

Thats what BB is about..............And I Love It !!! Thats reality TV. Woooooo-Hoooooo ,I'm so ready :P

Jinx

I think .. that respect .. especially in the BB game .. and when it comes to lying .. is all in the delivery.

I mean .. if a person tells you their deep dark secrets and you have this huge EMOTIONAL connection to each other and that person turns around and stabs that person in the back say over money.. (cough) drew (/cough) I kinda have a big problem with it.

But if they're like Dr. Will Season 2 .. who does it all in a light hearted way .. and mostly just kinda makes people think it's their idea to keep him the whole way ..

I don't mind as much.

Basically I don't think it's ok to hurt people's feelings if you've led them to believe they could develop a certian level of trust with you over money.

I didn't mean having respect not having met any of the houseguests, I meant to put in there if you were ON the show, I agree with you Carvin, if I'm not on the show I could care less if you lie or not, as long as you're entertaining, but on the show, I think I would gain respect for these people, but I don't think just because you kept your integrity and didn't lie to someone, you deserve more respect than someone who lied.

That is a hard question... me personally I'm the type to stay true to the alliance, even if it means hurting me...I've done it over and over in real life lol But then again I think I could possibly get over it because it is just a game..I'm not there to make friends, I would be there to win and take care of my family. I would try not to lie because I am an honest person but I guess it all depends how you are when you are actually in that situation.

I think Id have to agree with Lovely. I would respect manipulators who were there playing the game. But not liars. Although it was pretty funny when Dr Will told people not to trust him because he was pretty much going to lie to to everyone regardless! lol

I hate when people go on these reality competition shows and then get on a high horse about integrity nd all that BS. First of all, you went on a GD reality show!!!!! Thats all

I normally don't like liars, but this is a game. I also don't like when they preach about their high morals like the freindship. This is a hard question. I think it depends on how they are lying. What I really don't like is when they threaten someone by not voting for them especially when they know its not in the other players best interest and will only benifit the one threating like Aras and Maggie

i guess they think as long as they dont lie to their teammates they are playing with integrity . . . i guess they also think they can lie to the people on the other team, and its ok

People talk about how dishonest some houseguests are. But c'mon folks! Aren't the live feeds SO much better when you see someone puff up like a blowfish, on the verge of coming untied, than it is to see someone play nice?

Yeah, we should all be honest.......I HONESTLY love the lies and backstabbing on BB! It makes for a very quick summer!

Archived