Big Brother 8

King123

Bonejones' religious idea sounded like a snore - until you think about it that is. Survivor is doing racial tribes this time. BB8 could mix fire and gasoline by putting in a Hezbollah and a Zionist, a Fundamentalist a la Jimmy Swaggart and a Wiccan, an Irish Catholic and and Irish protestant Orangeman into the house - but in all likelyhood the house wouldn't be standing very long! :P

Seriously, IvetteSux is right - it's all about the mix and who better to pick the mix than the viewers? We picked a lot of them this time and it has been the least predictable season in a long time. If CBS were smart, they'd tape some of the cast calls like American Idol and air some of the best and some of the sucky ones. They should then narrow it down to a top twenty or so and play their complete audition tapes online with an edited clip package on a selection show. That would create buzz, get people watching and get viewers invested in who wins and who doesn't. Whatever they show, it should NOT be those lame-assed beg4vote spots "Hi Uh-murr-uhkah, this is Cowboy and I really need your vote."

Then after the voting, the top so many go in along with the ones the producers want, like this year. Having producers select is pretty important - remember Erika was put into the house by America. At the live results show, they go into the house and compete for HOH like this year, but also throw in some sort of twist like structuring who goes in when to pick their beds and sticking a hottie with an old fart in a double bed (I can just hear Allison if she'd had to bunk w/ CG)!

Now that would be a season to remember!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that idea of picking our own HG EXCEPT that 20 is too small of a number. I say 30 and we pick 8 and producers pick 6. Lots of twists and turns and surprises in store but sequester the contestants for the week BEFORE they get picked so that there is no talking between them outside the game, there is no pre-deals, no trying to get peoples votes. We never see them except on the show and voting site, and they don't see each other until they meet at the first show to go into the house.

That's it, Morty's TV.com Board members are the new Directors and Producers of BB8, lol...and we work for free!

All of you asking for "real people" that want to get rid of all the "wannabe actors and models" just think, if you're a Big Brother Casting Agent, do you think the ratings will be better with boring 50 year old fat people that just act nice to each other or young, attractive, freaks desperate for the spotlight?

(BuderfIyFairy16 @ Jun 6 2006, 11:58 AM)

does anybody have the cast photos from big brother 1?

Big Brother 1

I liked how Chicken George explained to Will & Boogie when CG got HOH that in Season 1 they never even took a GROUP picture. They took everyone's picture and worked it into one group picture via computer manipulated graphics. I caught the last few episodes on Big Brother 1 and it was basically people on a couch. Not much too it.

:mellow:

This season although Diva & Ego-ridden has been interesting as from the get-go we all KNEW these characters and how they may play this game. Chicken George just seems damn-glad to be there... to the extreme of Marjealous whining on a gorgeous villa beach somewhere off in Aruba. Extreme egos and well.. just love the series period. It has sucked as to the competitions, though so hope they step it up in these last few weeks.

:rolleyes:

As to any future BB's... I'd just like a little personality and not someone that believes life and CBS OWES them something. As to BB8 I'll be writing Shapiro or more so CBS studio execs to pick up the option for BB8 as they won't give him the word till October and November if there will even be one.

:unsure:

Maybe they should some real freaks.. you know.. Internet People

Dr. Will would have a hoot on that one.

:lol:

I think you should have learnt from this series that America shouldn't be trusted to choose the HGs, considering people like Alison and Will didn't make it through the vote!

A simple twist though would be to send in 12 original HGs as usual (a couple less to avoid the double eviction weeks) - and then let America decide the 13th HG from a shortlist of 3-5.

That person would then enter after the first eviction - which considering America never send in late housemates would be a new twist for the show - and to ensure they aren't sent back out the next week they are given immunity from the next eviction. I'd give them the Power of Veto actually and let the nominees suck up to the newcomer!

I think you should have learnt from this series that America shouldn't be trusted to choose the HGs, considering people like Alison and Will didn't make it through the vote!

Which is why the producers' choices are necessary. Just one pick for America pretty much ensures that person will be targeted immediately. Remember how long Kaysar lasted?

Also putting someone in after they think they're the house was done in season 4 when the eXs came in, although it was before the first eviction vote. That's a set-up for the existing hgs to ally against the newcomer(s). Alliances are boring. If it weren't for all the fights, Season Six would have been a total snore as who won and who went up was so staunchly decided along alliance lines.

BoneJones is right! We do it well and we do it for free!

I don't think people would vote for me. I want to be on the show, but I don't think I'm good-looking enough. It's like everyone is an actor or model in there.

It would be kind of sweet if Big Brother 8 quit pretending they don't pick actors and made a twist out of it. They could hire actors to pretend to be in the house and have them go against real people but not let them know, just let the audience know. The actors could start all kinds of fights and stuff with the real guests and if they made it to the end or to the sequester week without getting found out or kicked out, they get paid double. Just a thought.

I want to be on the show, but I don't think I'm good-looking enough.

You have got to be better looking than Nakomis or Cowboy.

The actors idea is kind of intriguing - but they wouldn't be able to collect any prize money because of rules, etc. In my big fat obnoxious fiance, the girl didn't know until the end that the guy was an actor and didn't get any of the prize money. Wasn't there a reality show already where everyone but one guy was an actor and they got this guy to do all sorts of embarrassing things? I think I saw a clip of it on some top 100 reality show moments program.

Why doesnt BB add some crazy twists each week. For Example

Week 1- Julie tells us there our two houses and in each house there are 8 people, each house thinks they our the only house. Each house has an hoh, veto,and food compations. Each show would switch between the two houses. 1 person is evicated from each house.

Week 2- Now the there are 14 people on BB. Julie reveals to the houses that they are not the only house and that this time next week the two houses will be reunited. But there will only be one HOH for the both houses and that HOH will have to nominate someone from their own house and somenone from the other house based just at looking at them.

Week 3- Now there are 13 people on bb. The houses are reunited and it is a Co-HOH week.

Week 4- Now there are 12 people on BB and it is a weird week because the Hoh will not be the only person nominating but the whole house will nominate two. So the Hoh picks 2 people to be up on the block, and the houseguests vote one out, But also the whole house has to nominate 2 people on the block and AMERICA votes one out.

Week 5- Now there are 10 people in the house and is the first normal week.

Week 6- Now there are 9 people in the house. Two houseguest are given phones to comminucate with Big Brother voice, the voice gives these people secret tasks, if these two people keep the phones a secret they get a special power but if they dont they will get punished. Some of the tasks will be like start a fight between two people. The special power is exactley like the Coup d Tat except you cant tell anyone.

Week 7- Now there are 8 people in the house.Its a normal week except BB throws a huge party with a popular music artist and presents. They get thrown this party because they made it halfway through the game

Week 8- Now there are 7 people in the house it is a Double Evication week like the one week when Marcellas and Howie got evicated. Also an Ameicas choice and the winner get a phone call home.

Week 9- Now there are 5 people in the house. It is a week of pain for the house as the tempature of the house changes from very cold to very hot, also there is no Hot water, also the Whole house is on slop for the week, and there are alarms going of every 30 min.

Week 10- There are 4 people left

Final week- There are 3-2-1 persons left and BB8 winner is crowned.

Would that be a good Big Brother Season.

Every year we anxiously wait to hear from CBS to see if they picked it up for another summer. Just wanted to provide a place for people to talk about what WE as fans can do to support the future of Big Brother. After all what would mortys be w/out Big Brother? :blink:

I come to Morty's because of the people I know here, been here a couple of years ...... not to mention BB isn't the only show we talk about :D

I'm not in the mood to support CBS if they are going to air another crappy season of BB. Honestly, the returnees and the producers killed the game. They should have skipped a season if they couldnt find new people to put on the show or whatever reason they decided to do an all-stars.

Also, to be fair - viewers should have voted all the houseguests in and there should have been no more than 3 people from each season to choose from.

I look forward to BB every summer. It's something my Mom and I look forward to watching every week. I would really be sad if it got canceled. I just think that they need to get a whole new cast and get rid of the veto. They should have new surprises, like maybe boys vs girls or different age groups. I know they want to make everybody all young and attractive because I'm sure it does raise the number of people who watch but I'm so tired of the whole thing. They need to get real people. They need to get Women who actually have good selfestem and Women who aren't so jealous. I know thats hard to avoid when you get a bunch of girls together. Every year they just pick on one girl. Last year the nerd herd drove me crazy when they talked about Janelle. I can understand not liking someone, but talk about their game play, not how ugly they are.

But anyway, I will be here even if bb doesn't come back. There are way more shows to talk about.

E-mail CBS, support the sponsors, you might even send a few e-mails to the sponsors saying you never bought their product before you saw it advertised on Big Brother or some other BS. If the people involved see a monetary gain there won't be a problem. I doubt if there will be a problem with getting it back next year anyway.

sorry, i am too busy with a petition to get a skate park in my town... well, actually its not me doing it, my son is. :lol::lol::lol: there is a limit to the number of petitions our family will partake in... only 1 within a 10 year period.

damn those kids for wanting a skate park!!!

CBS doesn't let Arnold and Alison know until later in the year, they can pick it up and inform the producers anytime before January.

If you're looking for hopeful signs, one of the other sites I was browsing yesterday said that CBS had information about auditions for BB8 on their website somewhere. I'll see if I can find it and give you a link.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother7/

There ya go. You can download an application if you want to follow the link on the right hand side of the page. Although why any sane person would want to get involved in that mess I don't know. I'm not even in the house and I'm way too involved. :D

Archived