Big Brother 8

King123

Trust me, if you can deal with Marcellas, 2 & 3 year olds are nothing! ;) My kids are better behaved than most the houseguests even on their worst days (my kid's worst days). Besides, the focus would be more on the adults. Selfishly, I would love to play, but could not bare to be away from my kids for that long. :lol: Really!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This all star show has sucked. The live feeds are boring. the HGs are bored. They need to give the HGs something to do every day. True / false and buzzer HOH competitons are not 'all star' material. I think CBS has already decided to cancel BB. This may be the last BB b/c the show is no longer interesting. it is also very predicitive - some lame competition, some lying people, someone HOH, someone wins POV, a little crying from time to time, a showmance, and then evict someone. They need to shake it up.

why would they end the season after getting a new house and paying all that money. And the fanbase is still there

So BB can go out while it is popular. They want the show to be remembered as a great show it is than what a great show it use to be until Allstars(just as an example).

So BB can go out while it is popular. They want the show to be remembered as a great show it is than what a great show it use to be until Allstars(just as an example).

I think they are making a big mistake if they dont do another season, not to many people are happy with this season, so why end on a low note. I know I really dont want this BB All Stars to be my last memory of BB

Hopefully BB hasn't "jumped the shark".

IF there is another season I hope no one will have a pre-existing relationship. Also, BB needs more twists and better competitions. I think we have our expectations up and they are always shot down by boring comps and nothing going on in the house.

BB needs to be a somewhat brutal game of mind messing. The all stars (mostly Will) this year are messing more with BB than BB messing with them.

I dont know all I have to say is I hope shows learn from survivor and now Big Brother too never do All Star seasons they just dont work. This season hasnt been the absolute worse but it is no were even near the best. I like a house full of 12-14 strangers like in BB1-BB3. I mean really what other theme can they come up with.

I can hear Julie saying it now. "Welcome to Big Brother 8, this year we have a major twist that will change the game forever. There is not a single house guest who knows another house guest. They are all complete strangers." Laugh...

Arnold Shapoiro is on HC. He said he is "cautiously optimistic" about there being a BB8. YEAH!!!!! He said they may not hear until January '07 about the renewal officially.

That is a lot better than the thoughts running through my head about imminent cancellation ;)

Also he commented on all the letters, emails, & phone calls they receive from everyone accusing them of cheating & slanting the game one way or another. He takes personal offense from this & says they IN NO WAY favor any contestant. I kinda agree with Mr Shapiro & hope that all the people devoting so much of their time complaining (instead of just enjoying the show) would chill out :D

That's hilarious that people have actually been writing him :P

What a twit though - using the old 'moral outrage' card instead of defending his honor with facts and evidence. Gimme a break! :rolleyes:

Anyway, yeah I like the way Will and Danielle have just adapted to their circumstances . . . I think if James had kept a clear head about the whole incident instead of flying off the handle he MIGHT have been able to turn the votes around this week.

But anyway BB8 . . . woohoo! :)

That should put a stop to all of these people trying to support their argument that the show sucks because the ratings are down. The ratings have never been HIGHER! I wondered where these people were getting their information, when every week the numbers come out and show the Thursday show always winning it's time slot, most of the Tuesday shows have done the same, and the Sunday show has shown improvement every week. I guess these people think that if they repeat the same lie often enough, that it will become fact.

Well I guess I am one of those you think was spreading mistruths about BB not being renewed. To say that the ratings have never been higher is way way off. Just winning your time slot doesn't make a show a screaming success. Advertisers look more at the #/millions that tune in. With cable bringing more shows to the forefront, the viewing audience is more spread out so simply winning your timeslot just isn't what it used to be.

Fact: This season has been one of the lowest rated seasons (down double percentage digits from last year) in BB history according to the Futon Critic which is a very reliable TV website.

Fact: It was also reported on 2 well known & trusted BB sites that cancellation was a very big possibility.

That said I am thrilled that BB now appears to have a really good chance of getting renewed :D (but don't accuse me of lying :P )

I think it would be fun to divide the house with half vegans and half full on hunters like Ted Nugent... that would make for some good television. Hell, it is always entertaining when they do that exact thing on wife swap or trading spouses... lots of controversy!!!! LOL

To say that the ratings have never been higher is way way off. Just winning your time slot doesn't make a show a screaming success. Advertisers look more at the #/millions that tune in. With cable bringing more shows to the forefront, the viewing audience is more spread out so simply winning your timeslot just isn't what it used to be.

Dumblonde, you are right. That being said, the HUGE number of people online discussing this show, the viewers of HC who have to sit through ads now, the live feed viewers (for product placement purposes if nothing else), Innertube hits (where we also have to sit thru ads), and the number of homes that TiVo the show all need to be factored in. Do that and Tarman's point is stronger.

Also, the bulk of the advertising pricing is pretty much sold on numbers from the SWEEPS months of February and May. Big Brother is a relatively cheap show to produce compared to the likes of CSI, Without A Trace, Survivor, Amazing Race, NFL football and the like. The prize money is only 600.000, the housing costs are negligible since it's on the CBS lot, the sequester crew is a small one and the sequester house is a rented hacienda in a place where the American dollar goes a lot farther. It's not as cheap as running re-runs, but it is more cost effective because its popularity generates far more advertising dollars than reruns would.

The fact that BB is winning it's time slot is also significant in that it is only a summer replacement show and a great vehicle to advertise their upcoming season lineup. If all they did was show re-runs of the past season's shows in the BB timeslots, they very easily could lose viewers to other networks and

1. lose them for good if they like existing shows they see on the other network
  2. lose the chance to advertise the CBS upcoming fall line-up to the lost viewers
  3. expose the lost viewers to competing networks' fall lineup
In other words, it's as much about retaining audience and self-promotion for CBS as it is about winning the ratings war during the summer. Unless some new Simon Cowell-esque production comes along to supplant it, BB8 is most likely going to be CBS's reality summer replacement choice in 2007.

Wow, Surfgranny! You are intelligent, articulate and an obvious leader. You've nailed the CBS possition elegantly and shown how BB suits their summer objectives quite well. They need BB8 as much as we do!

You're just what we need and you should be on BB8!!! :excl:

if u really are a granny you would be a good addition to the show....prob better than CG & he is an old fart...literally.

But nice explanation above.

I think they should move BB to cable (HBO, Showtime )so we can see it raw. But I know that will never happan....although this with Arrested Development, but they didnt want the show to go on, so I guess it is a possibility....

It's all about the mix. What attracts me to Big Brother is watching people from different walks of life interract. I'm all for "real" people and sick of the wannabe Hollywood actor/model types, but I wouldn't wanna watch a house of only fat middle Americans or only fit attractive people. You need a Holly, a Jerry & everything in between to make for an interesting BB experience.

You're welcome, Surfgranny.

I think they should chuck the demographics and go for a mix of "real" people...all ages, sizes, life styles and colors. Enough already with the gym bunnies ;) and hollywood wanabes B)

I think I'd be "cautiously optimistic" too about a BB8. You have to ask yourself what CBS would replace it with - probably another reality show which would be unproven and a big risk. Big Brother has it's job to do in the summer and pretty much does what is required.

It's time for the show to move into a new era though. Take it back to the concept of total strangers, but give the format a massive twist which would change the show in the same way the HoH did.

I think though it's time for Arnold and Alison to move on though - after six years they need some new ideas (though considering they've been absent the last couple of years, they've tried this year with things like the Coup d'Etat). Let someone else take over the day to day running of the show.

if u really are a granny you would be a good addition to the show....prob better than CG & he is an old fart...literally.

Thanks, kslmbuggie. I'm not a granny - yet anyway! The screen name is because I'm in my early fifties and when I joined last summer, I'd just spent another day on the beach with Zonie hodads cutting me off. It was getting frustrated until I heard a twelve year-old say to his buddy, "watch the old lady and go when she does - she catches it every time."

My daughter fits their demographics though - she's a 25 year old part time model and college student in Florida. Oh, that's right - she isn't quite their demographic - her boobs are real! :lol:

Big Brother 8 - Summer of Religious Dialogue. Put a bunch of high level representatives from the world's major religions into the house to solve all the problems of the world and those too exclusivist to join in get voted out. Guess this scenario is only entertaining to a teacher who teachers religion, lol, me. Anyhoo, I could settle for a Summer of Secrets with strangers, but I like the idea of having secrets in the house that the HG have to constantly guess about something. The hidden room was great, I say more hidden rooms and more earning prizes like HT and WorkoutRoom.

Archived