Treasure Hunters

ElleNaturelle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of: NBC UNIVERSAL MEDIA VILLAGE

TEN TEAMS SEEK A HIDDEN TREASURE AS THEIR QUEST BEGINS THIS SUMMER IN NBC'S "TREASURE HUNTERS"

Published: June 5, 2006

logo3.jpg

BURBANK, Calif. -

CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO THE NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE FOR WEDNESDAY, JUN 7 2006 - MONDAY, JUN 19 2006

Sunday, June 18 2006

TREASURE HUNTERS --(8:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No101 - Series Premiere"

Monday, June 19 2006

TREASURE HUNTERS --(8:00PM-9:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No101 - Series Premiere"

TREASURE HUNTERS --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG)

"Episode No102"

NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY, JUN 18 2006 - SATURDAY, JUN 24 2006

Wednesday, June 21 2006

TREASURE HUNTERS --(8:00PM-9:00PM) --(TV-PG)

"Episode No102"

(Cool two shows on Monday 6/19...the only problem I have with it is that the premiere on Sunday is two hours and the reshowing on Monday is only an hour. And just incase we miss the second eppi on Monday we can watch it again on Wednesday. They are confusing me already.)

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: NBC, TREASURE HUNTERS

TEAM PROFILES: EX-CIA

team_excia.jpg

teams_photo_excia.jpg

They met as CIA interns, but will their top-secret skills give the Ex-CIA team an edge? Jacob, Mark and Todd are brilliant, but also know how to have a good time and used to share a

hmmm...after reading their profiles, my bets are on Team Air Force or the Southie Boys...

I liked this show so far kinda a ripoff of AR and that New Zealand show that is a cross between Treasure Hunter and Survivor that I've seen on Fox Reality.

I was hoping the Geniuses would be eliminated for being anything but geniuses. What a bunch dildos.

So far Miss USA team and The Browns are my favorites though I don't expect either team to get too far. I'm afraid that corpulent one may be the first reality show contestant to have a major coronary on TV. After those two teams I'm unsure as of yet. The Wild Hanlons are just dumb. I mean when one of them said to try "52" for the combination I about died laughing. Combination implies more than one #. DUH!!

This show definitely has my attention.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Treasure Hunters

by Kathleen Gallagher

June 18, 2006: Gone Huntin'

Well, one thing you can honestly say about the Treasure Hunters premiere episode is that it was jam-packed with treasure hunting. So much so that at times I was a bit confused. Tonight I will probably dream of cylinders, Mount Rushmore and Thomas Edison

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

In Search of TV 'Treasure'

New NBC series sends teams on a different kind of race

By Rick Porter

June 18 2006

23927349.jpg

The 'Wild Hanlons' -- Ben, Josh and Pat -- of 'Treasure Hunters'

The folks behind NBC's new series "Treasure Hunters" haven't been shy about playing up its "Da Vinci Code" connection, and those who watch it will notice more than a passing resemblance to "The Amazing Race."

But in blending the puzzle-solving elements of "Code" and "Race's" globe-trotting exploits, the show's producers think they've come up with something fresh.

"One thing that's different about this show is that there's a connective tissue that takes it through from the first episode all the way to the last," says Jane Lipsitz ("Project Runway"), who executive produces the show with Dan Cutforth. While each episode will feature clues that take the players to their next destination, "there's an underlying story that people can play along at home and try to figure out what is the ultimate secret that unlocks the treasure."

23907184.jpg

Photo Gallery: 'Treasure Hunters'

"Treasure Hunters" premieres at 8 p.m. ET Sunday (its regular timeslot will be 9 p.m. Mondays) with five teams of three beginning their quest for the unnamed treasure ("It's a mystery," Lipsitz says). What they don't know is that five other teams are also in the hunt, starting in Hawaii. They meet up in the middle of the country midway through the premiere.

The meeting is a surprise to everyone, as is something that emerges through the course of the competition: a willingness among most of the teams to work together, at least to a degree.

"I think we were surprised how cooperative the different teams were with each other," says Matt Zitzlsperger, who's part of the "Air Force" team with his friend Matt Rillos and Rillos' wife, Brooke. "If somebody got a piece of information, it was spread to most of the teams really quickly. There really wasn't a case of where somebody is not going to help another team because of something that happened in a previous episode."

Which is not to say that everybody held hands and sang campfire songs. The teams were, after all, trying to win.

"Everybody helps each other until they know that, hey, look, there's only one team going to win this thing," says Texan Patrick Hanlon, who with his son Josh and brother Ben form the "Wild Hanlons." "So at the end of the day, you know, you've got to play to win."

Winning "Treasure Hunters" will take more than just the physical ability to get from point to point first. Once there, the teams engage in some rather cerebral challenges.

"We get there," Patrick Hanlon says, "and we get a clue that tells us ..."

"To go get a clue," Ben Hanlon finishes.

Although the clues in "Treasure Hunters" aren't strictly about finding real-life treasures, a number of them are based in some way in the history of the United States. That connection to the past, Cutforth says, is something the show hopes to take from "The Da Vinci Code" (the movie's producer, Brian Grazer, is also an executive producer of the series).

"One of the things [that] really caught people's imagination about 'The Da Vinci Code' was that they got to see things that they knew very well ... in a completely different way," Cutforth says. "There are some elements of American history that we were able to kind of integrate into these challenges that I think will reveal things that people maybe didn't know ... that's hopefully really, really exciting and interesting."

ONCE AGAIN THEY PLAYED WITH THE SCHEDULE...THIS TIME FOR NHL

CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO THE NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, JUN 19 2006 - MONDAY, JUL 3 2006

Published: June 19, 2006

(ALL TIMES EASTERN)

Monday, June 19 2006

(X)NBC SPORTS --(8:00PM-11:00PM)

"The Nhl Stanley Cup Finals On Nbc Presented By Spr"

Monday, June 26 2006

(X)TREASURE HUNTERS --(8:00PM-9:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No.101 - Series Premiere"

THE HUNT BEGINS IN NEW ADVENTURE REALITY SERIES FROM THE PRODUCERS OF "THE DA VINCI CODE" -- Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they travel to historically significant locations around the globe and are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure. The secrets of history protects seven mysterious artifacts that when combined, will reveal the key to the treasure. As ten teams of treasure hunters begin their search, one group of five teams find themselves in Alaska and the other group in Hawaii -- neither is aware the other group exists. As each team faces mental and physical challenges beyond their expectations in their respective environments, nothing prepares them for when both groups come face to face and realize the competition just got steeper. Now, ten teams rush to the next location where a mixture of real history and brain-teasing challenges only allow nine teams to move to the next round.

MEDIA CONTACT: Grace Niu, 818 - 840 - 3542

(X)TREASURE HUNTERS --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No.102"

BEND THE LIGHT-- To find the second of seven artifacts that will lead them to the treasure, the remaining nine teams must crack the secret code of Lewis & Clark as they follow in their footsteps through the American West. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure.

(X)MEDIUM --(10:00PM-11:00PM) --(TV-14 V)

"Dead Aim"

ALLISON FEARS HER RECURRING NIGHTMARE WILL COME TRUE -- Allison (Emmy winner Patricia Arquette) is terrified when she dreams about a massacre at the D.A.'s office that kills her boss, Devalos (Miguel Sandoval), and a number of her co-workers. Jake Weber, David Cubitt, Sofia Vassilieva and Maria Lark also star.

MEDIA CONTACT: Kelley Colello

Monday, July 3 2006

(X)TREASURE HUNTERS --(8:00PM-9:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No.102"

BEND THE LIGHT-- To find the second of seven artifacts that will lead them to the treasure, the remaining nine teams must crack the secret code of Lewis & Clark as they follow in their footsteps through the American West. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure.

(X)TREASURE HUNTERS --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No.103"

DON'T TRUST THY NEIGHBOR -- To find the third of seven artifacts that will lead them to the treasure, the remaining eight teams must pair up to uncover the secrets of the American Revolution as they travel through America's colonial past. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure.

(X)MEDIUM --(10:00PM-11:00PM) --(TV-14 V)

"Too Close To Call"

THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH -- While Allison's (Patricia Arquette) boss, D.A. Devalos (Miguel Sandoval), is running for re-election, Allison has a vision that could jeopardize both of their futures. Joe (Jake Weber) runs into an old college girlfriend who is interested in more than physics. David Cubitt, Sofia Vassilieva and Maria Lark also star.

MEDIA CONTACT: Kelley Colello

(X denotes changes/additions)

Any of you guys playing the online game over at NBC? It's kind of like those adventure games like Nancy Drew where you click on stuff to get clues or add items to your backpack so you can solve the mystery. The 'prize' at the end is just an entry into their contest, but it's kind of fun . . . if other people are playing maybe we can use the board here to share clues (?)

So far in the game I'm stuck in the Northern BC woods next to a totem pole and a creepy owl with a shovel and no clue - literally and figuratively . . . :lol:

PS Contest open to people in the US and Canada . . . 10 people who make it to the end of the game will win $10k each and get a trip to be on the show to compete for a $100k grand prize.

PPS Didn't like the show during the first hour - too confusing and not like the Amazing Race, then it got interesting. Bummer the Gary Dourdain look-alike got stuck with those jerky 'geniuses' who thought they were smarter than everybody else. It'll be interesting to see how much non-regulation 'gameplay' goes on, like with the preacher stealing the clue right out of the girls' hands, or the geniuses giving the code to the Hanlons to get rid of the young professionals . . . The history lessons are kind of neat-o, eh?

i got the challenge thingy!! it took a while but i got it...if you look at your map in red it says something about the crow at noon and so you change your clock to noon and there is a crow there and its caw-ing and you shovel right underneath it! I am proud of myself that i figured it out...enjoy!

Thanks Gill!!!!! :D It's such cute little game - funny how they gave that 'clue' and it was right there but I didn't really 'see' it :huh::lol: It kind of makes me appreciate how confusing the real game must be when a whole bunch of other intimidating teams are rushing all around you and your bus is going in the wrong direction, etc. I'm starting to like this show even more :)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Treasure Hunters

by Kathleen Gallagher

June 26, 2006: You've Been Fogaled!

Tonight's episode of Treasure Hunters had a ton of pressure on it. The premiere was met with mixed reviews, and this episode was the deciding factor for many as to whether they should swear off summer television for the season or stick around. I think the show was decently entertaining, and I also think the tasks were interesting and seemed legitimately difficult - aside from the fact that the compasses were "hiding" underneath fake rocks. Oh, and that the ride into the mine looked like an attraction at Disney World.

How is it possible that the Wild Hanlons are still in the competition? Not only did it take them 11 hours in the mine before they figured out they should pour the water in the bucket in order to see the message, but they also overslept by a good two hours and then left in the middle of deciphering the code to drive 80 miles for a hamburger. Somehow this strategy of taking their time and indulging every whim - whether for food or sleep - is keeping them in the hunt. Meanwhile, the poor Brown family, who taught us all a very valuable lesson about perseverance, met their end. I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard watching them attempt to row and also when the boat somehow just toppled over. And did it seem to anyone else that their boat was a great deal lower in the water than the other teams'? OK, they are a bit bigger than the other teams, but at one point it almost looked like they were sinking.

The best thing about last night's episode was the creation of the phrase, "You've been Fogaled!" It can't be all editing that is making the good preacher and his family seem so sneaky and cutthroat. Maybe the Fogals should have left Kayte at home - she has bawled the past two weeks. Granted, I might bawl too if I had to carry a boat for miles. Or if I had a mother and father who insisted on praying before and after every time they screwed someone over. The Southie Boys were a little overly generous with their help - carrying a competitor's boat for nine miles? Granted, it is nice to see the different teams helping each other out, but I have a feeling that is all about to change. And did anyone else notice the Brown family being eliminated in next week's preview?

Posted by Kathleen Gallagher 06/26/2006 11:00 PM

Last night was a great Episode :lol: Loved that team mullet took time to go get a burger. Loved how Team God duped the other teams Telling them they should all stop at the 13th star just in case and then rowing on :lol: And I loved how the Graduates still played even though one member had a bum knee. Not sure why they didnt put the girl in the boat and drag the boat though.

Too bad it looks like they have to leave the competetion. :(

Gad, these guys are so ADD - the silly bickering, getting lost for 11 hours underground, getting started 3 hours later then everybody else, dropping everything to drive 80 miles to go get a burger - watching them brings back memories of taking road trips with my Uncle Bobby and my Uncle Willie :lol::huh:

so, the fogal family is not very nice. they are soooooo not setting a good example what with daddy being a preacher! they are the worst of the bunch, and then to have them pray after they do somehting like that, its just sick!

i'm rooting for the wild hanlons to beat them! speaking of, those poor guys, they think everything is a "clue". go visit blue........the producers aren't going to make every rock and piece of dirt a clue!

team air force ROCKS!

FINALLY GOT TO SEE THIS SHOW!! And, you know, it ain't half bad...for a poor man's Amazing Race, that is...

The one Hanlon brother reminds me of Dr. Phil before tv make-up and a editting get done with him. When they asked the guy at the drive-thru for help on the clue, I died laughing. :lol:

I personally believe the Fogals are there to make everyone who said the Weavers were bad reconsider...by comparison, that is... :D

I'll give it a few more weeks...

The grad students decided not to continue because of the injury to one of the grad students. So they brought back the last team eliminated, the Brown Family. And the Hanlons were the only ones not to find the artifact tonight (some box with an engraved picture of a lighthouse).

Thank You for the update

I had tornado alerts interupt the last half hour. All is ok they were for south of me.