Tickled Pink!

Guest QW

I for one will not be watching TV Lands so-called Special... lets all take a closer look at those who were living a life of fear and loathing...Those that were gay back in the day was such a 'closeted' community that at times some feared for their lives...Most of those that TV Land will cover , more than likely never intended for their sexuality to ever surface...thanks to the tabloids and some money-grubbing friends/releatives their secrets were exposed..and now a television network wants to put the spotlight on them once again.....June is 'Gay Pride' Month and I along with other card carrying Stonewall Union Members will be boycotting TV Land all month! (its not like TV Land is top priority)

Guest ranster627

I am so appreciative of the great opinion piece you posted QW ... we have a very diverse community, but you have reminded us of our roots ... as a gay man with a disability, I am still waiting for our Stonewall within the gay community ... maybe one day ...

For those of you seeking more information about the TV Land program, here is a link to the article:

http://mortystv.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1283

Wow, really good point from QW. You wouldn't see TV Land running Amos 'n' Andy for Black history month (although they're running Good Times). TV Land's "wink" at Uncle Arthur is a far cry from Stonewall.

Is the TV Land boycott an organized thing, or just something you're doing personally?

• 5 weeks later...

TV Network for Gays, Lesbians to Debut

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer

NEW YORK - The man who's molding Logo, the new network for gays and lesbians, grew up in rural Illinois, attended Oral Roberts University and counted that cheesy keyboard solo on "Freeze Frame" as his big moment during gigs with his college band the Ozones. At first glance, Brian Graden hardly seems too hip for the room.

But the 42-year-old Graden is one of television's busiest and most imaginative executives, already responsible for the programming on MTV, VH1 and CMT