Significance of the bird???

raydog

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name...bum=486&pos=587

normal_exoduspart2-0583.jpg

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name...bum=486&pos=588

normal_exoduspart2-0584.jpg

First thing's first, whoo hooo! I figured out how to get a pic to show up! 8) I included the link as well, becuase if you go to the link and then click on the little picture you will get an almost full screen shot...

OK the bird.

Since we know that nothing on the show is shown for no reason - you know, just to show it... and to my knowledge we have yet to see any form of aviary life... I've come up with a theory (again, last nite while trying to go to sleep, lmao)...

The bird is the phoenix! For those of you who don't know about the phoenix, hes not a real bird, hes a mythical creature. If you read Harry Potter, you will recall that Dumbledore had a phoenix who came to the resuce - and it was kind of implied that he wasn't the only one, though the stories all imply that there is only one. His tears have healing powers (well in Harry Potter he did). He is immortal, lives for a long long time (I've seen 300 - 1500 years). When his time is over, he lies in a nest high up in a tree and dies, and then is reborn in like 3 days.... Another part of the story is that his feathers and tail are so beautiful that people try to pluck feathers off him so he lives in a remote place...

Other than what I've read/seen in Harry Potter, I didn't know much about the phoenix, so I did a quick google...

Herodotus (484

• 4 weeks later...

normal_exoduspart2-0583.jpg

From In Touch Magazine....

Mechanical animals??

The bird above squaked the name of one of the survivors - Hurley - as it flew away. And when the monster attacked a survivor, it made a distinctly mechanical sound. Are they animals, robots or hybrid??

The bird above squaked the name of one of the survivors - Hurley

Has anyone confirmed that this bird squaked Hurley's name? I'm going to rewatch this scene tonite... if it did, that is way more interesting than my phoenix theory!

IMHO the "main monster" if there is such a thing, the one that grabbed Locke, was definately mechanical... sounded like rollercoaster chains as you climb the first big hill...