Civil Rights Pioneer Coretta Scott King

TV_Paige

ap_100BW.jpg

Civil Rights Pioneer Coretta Scott King

by Errin Haines

king_beauty.jpg

Coretta Scott King

Coretta Scott King, the dignified and determined widow of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., who assumed her murdered husband's burden as chief symbol of the civil rights movement and fiercely guarded his legacy

A very nice tribute, but to call her a celebrity is demeaning I think. She was more than that.

There is a thread in On Topic that was started early this morning for anyone who would like to say something about Mrs. King.

Rej . . . this is a tribute to the memory of a great American and not to be taken as demeaning of her amazing life journey in any way. Celebrity doesn't always mean entertainment. Semantics aside, the Celebrity Forum was created to include all people who have had a major influence on our lives. This could include the world of politics like Mrs. King or other fields of endeavor such as sports or entertainment.

I'm glad someone began a discussion thread to honor this great woman. Unfortunately, the On Topic forum is restricted to members only so I place this tribute here so guests can read about this truly heroic woman. As a child, I heard her husband speak at a church and it's something I will remember the rest of my life. She has lived her life flawlessly furthering the cause of civil rights and she is truly one of my heroes.