• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Sopranos

by Michael Peck

June 4, 2006: Kaisha

Looks like it's my weekend to be harsh (see my Big Love entry), but the Sopranos guys, after launching this mini-season with an enjoyable depth-of-character flourish, managed to let down both the whacking fans and the character-development fans tonight.

Things start off so promising, too, with the sly use of the Rolling Stones most excellent "Moonlight Mile" as Carlo stomps Fat Dom's head down and out of sight, and I'm even willing to forgive the slightly ham-fisted timing when Phil and his housekeeper walk into an explosion and wall of flame just as Mick sings that he's gonna warm his bones. But from there?

Sorry, but I feel blindsided by this hot-and-heavy Chris-Julianna affair when it's the first we've even seen of them together, and no quickie flashback is enough to make it seem quite right. The show's usually a little better with its pacing, and just to prove it's not me feeling cranky, I'll even accept A.J.'s sudden dive into the relationship with his single-mom construction-site hottie. But Chris risking Tony's wrath and suddenly bitching about his boss while also betraying the details of his oath? I'm not so sure I'm buying that.

That said, the episode wasn't without its solid moments. Little Carmine's attempt to make peace between Tony and Phil, and then the way he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by bringing up Phil's murdered brother just as Phil was agreeing to at least pretend to bury the hatchet. Well played. As was Phil meeting with his guys and seething over Tony saying he looks like the Shah of Iran. I also enjoyed the small touches of Tony in session with Melfi, playing the martyr after all his effort (according to him) to stay true to his wife. (Guess that that thanks-for-the-ride-home action from the Bing stripper didn't count, huh?) Same goes for Chris talking about how he and Julianna are able to "integrate" heroin into their lives, and the agent telling Tony about the threat from Phil while eating a big sandwich.

But the ending left me flat because, well, it was flat. Am I the only one who felt like maybe they ran out of film at the end of the episode, and just figured they'd let it lie there? Oh, well

• 1 month later...

Couresy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Injury Strains HBO's "Kneed" for Sopranos

Unexpected knee surgery for James Gandolfini

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im in LOVE this show! I loved last sundays episode! when they got drunk playing Monopoly, PRICELESS! SOMEBODY HAS TO HAVE A SPOILER! please share if you know anything.

What do yall think will happen? im not a spolier, but I think Tony gets Wacked? What do yall think?

I predict that Tony ends up in prison because of RICO case against him (like the real life mafiaso John Gotti.)

I think Christopher will get wacked this season. And, it maybe due to Tony not trusting him but, in the end Christopher will/would have been the most loyal to Tony.

I think that the brother-in-law left a lot of dna on that musician he wacked last week and the FBI is going to turn him into an undercover informant. I think this is how they'll nail the lid on the coffin of Tony's pending charges.

(However, I retain the right to come in here and change my predictions from week to week. :D )

I agree, I think jailtime is most likely. Chase has always said he could never envision ending the series without consequences for Tony.

That being said, between Rome and The Sopranos ending I'm hopeful that HBO can come up with something as interesting for me to watch. Big Love is okay, but really doesn't hold a candle to these series.

my predictions::

Christipher gets wacked

AJ gets wacked

Last episode of season, either they go into Witness protection program OR tony gets wacked.... i hope he doesnt die!!!

I HOPE none of the sopranos gets wacked though, BUT i think AJ might get into some trouble and something happens..... BUT I DONT KNOW... lol

I CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT HOW THIS ENDS!! I CANT WAIT FOR TONIGHTS EPISODE!!!