The Monster --- Speculations

Guest ranster627

The Monster/Security System.

I was re-watching the entire series this weekend to get ready for wednesday, and i had a couple of thoughts.

The others never came to the beach as a big group to abduct the survivors, as they did to the tailies. How come??

The tailies never heard this or came across this 'Monster'. How Come??

My theory, and this might be a stretch, is that the Monster/Security System has actually prevented The Others from coming to the beach to abduct the Fuselage survivors. The 'Monster' has been protceting them from The Others.

But, in argument to that, dont the others run the island and everything odd about it .... .. .. ....

Mike - I think you're onto something... I think that's why that monster didn't hurt Eko. To me it looked like when a dog doesn't know you and it comes up and sniffs you (even kinda sounded like mechanical sniffing and low growling). I think maybe the monster realized taht Eko wasn't an Other and backed off. I also think that's why it came so close to the beach that first episode, but never hurt anyone...

And if that's true, it begs the question: Why did it try to take Locke???

Mike - I think you're onto something... I think that's why that monster didn't hurt Eko. To me it looked like when a dog doesn't know you and it comes up and sniffs you (even kinda sounded like mechanical sniffing and low growling). I think maybe the monster realized taht Eko wasn't an Other and backed off. I also think that's why it came so close to the beach that first episode, but never hurt anyone...

And if that's true, it begs the question: Why did it try to take Locke???

We also heard that sound of chains when locke was being pulled in the hole. i dont remember if i heard them last night

Possible it is a form of their collective conscience & affects each person differently?Echo seems tae have come to terms wi' himself...unlike the other survivors who're struggling wi' inner demons(so it was unable to do anything tae him..nothing tae take).

Were the explosions part of or a bi-product of the smoke-monster?

When the camera panned through the smoke and the lightening flashed on the instide, I swear I thought I saw Danielle, or at least a figure of a woman with long brown hair. Am I crazy??

D'oh.... that's wierd. When I did my response to MIke this morning, his was the last post I saw, but now I see there were a bunch of others posts before mine but after his that I didn't see... :huh:

Off to find pictures of the monster.... I also thought I saw a face in the front part of the monster. :blink:

The others tried to kill Charlie and would have had Jack not found him. They tried to kill Sawyer, Michael and Jin on the raft and would have had they not jumped into the water. No one has talked about Ethan again because he was an other, who would talk about him?

The others tried to kill Charlie and would have had Jack not found him. They tried to kill Sawyer, Michael and Jin on the raft and would have had they not jumped into the water. No one has talked about Ethan again because he was an other, who would talk about him?

Do we know for sure that the others that Danielle talked about, the people that stole Walt and the feet we saw walking by Mr. Eko and Jin are all the same??? Until that has been proven to me concretely, I withold my judgement of who the others are and what their purpose is...

Do we know for sure that the others that Danielle talked about, the people that stole Walt and the feet we saw walking by Mr. Eko and Jin are all the same??? Until that has been proven to me concretely, I withold my judgement of who the others are and what their purpose is...

Im gonna agree with you there. Ive thought the same thing. We are just assuming all of this

Courtsy of: ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

Smoke Gets in Your Isle

Read our ''Lost'' conspiracy theory of the month, courtesy of EW's Jeff Jensen. Don't agree with him? Then post your own best guess to the mysteries of ''Lost''

175654__lost_l.jpg

UNSOLVED MYSTERIES Are you more Lost than ever? Share your thoughts

Every month EW will turn to our shadowy operative inside the world of Lost for insight. Burn this when you're done. The truth is out there.

We have looked into the face of The Monster and have seen The Abyss

Guest ranster627
My bad... should've not been lazy and posted the link heh.....

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/

Really nice big shots with text pointing out what the images look to be.

Thanks Pallaton ... okay here's what I think ... I think we need an encounter by someone else and see what shows up ... if they are images from their past then it is psychic in nature ...

The older woman though makes me think a lot of The Stand ...

THIS monster could be a "psychic cloud" and when you can face it you are freed like Eko seemed cleansed yesterday after his encounter .... I think it could be a result of the psychic experiments that were conducted ...

I do think there are also other more tangible monsters on the island too though ...

I wonder if the horse is a version of the monster for Kate? Then again, why would Sawyer have seen it?

Slowly but surely several people have been seeing something or someone wi' meaning on the isle tae them personally.Jack..his Dad.Eko & the plane.Kate & the horse.Know there's been more.....hmmmmmm......a mind strength test mahap?Will test?Mayhap Sawyer saw Kates horse because they're souls are connected.

Looks like all the smokey monster shots were aboot Eko's scene of childhhood tae the plane taking off wi' his brother.A mind rerun so tae speak.The computer controlling the Smoke?

Wish I could do that after a few wild scotch nights.....och!

My bad... should've not been lazy and posted the link heh.....

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/

Really nice big shots with text pointing out what the images look to be.

Great link, thanks

But I played with the pictrues, myself and I didn't get those images in the cloud.

I was also wondering if this is the same thing that Locke saw in the first season. He said something to Jack about seeing into the eye of the island.

Yep, those photos showing what was in the monster/cloud are accurate. We kept playing and re-playing the monster's visitation and their are definitely visual snapshots from Eko's past floating around in there!

I think there was alot of info. given to us in this encounter that I'm still trying to decipher:

:o Locke encounters "monster", looks as if he has seen something beautiful, we are shown no more other than Lock is now confident, faith-filled, and the island's biggest fan.

:( Lock encounters "monster" again- looks like he assumes it will be the same as his last encounter, but suddenly a look of fear can be seen on his face. "Monster" then attempts to pull Lock down to who-knows-where when Jack and Kate save him.

:angry: Eko encounters "monster", stares him down, sees visions from his past, monster leaves.

My big question is this (and I think this may be a key to figuring out how the monster/machine/cloud operates:

What happened since Locke's first encounter and his second one to make the "monster" treat him so differently?

Was it Locke's thoughts? behavior? Something he did or didn't do? His very essence- changing from evil tendencies to good, or good to evil? I'm still not sure where the writers are going with this, but it is SO INTRIGUING (and maddening at the same time) trying to figure it out! :wacko:

God, I love this show :wub:

Yep, those photos showing what was in the monster/cloud are accurate. We kept playing and re-playing the monster's visitation and their are definitely visual snapshots from Eko's past floating around in there!

I think there was alot of info. given to us in this encounter that I'm still trying to decipher:

:o Locke encounters "monster", looks as if he has seen something beautiful, we are shown no more other than Lock is now confident, faith-filled, and the island's biggest fan.

:( Lock encounters "monster" again- looks like he assumes it will be the same as his last encounter, but suddenly a look of fear can be seen on his face. "Monster" then attempts to pull Lock down to who-knows-where when Jack and Kate save him.

:angry: Eko encounters "monster", stares him down, sees visions from his past, monster leaves.

My big question is this (and I think this may be a key to figuring out how the monster/machine/cloud operates:

What happened since Locke's first encounter and his second one to make the "monster" treat him so differently?

Was it Locke's thoughts? behavior? Something he did or didn't do? His very essence- changing from evil tendencies to good, or good to evil? I'm still not sure where the writers are going with this, but it is SO INTRIGUING (and maddening at the same time) trying to figure it out! :wacko:

God, I love this show :wub:

i cant remember the exact sequence of things...but was maybe the difference between the first and second 'monster' encounter: Locke luring Boone to most proable (and then definate) death?

Could be...but Locke didn't intend for Boone to die (although he did have that weird vision/premonition thing). He did seem genuinely concerned and yelled for Boone to get out of the plane before it fell.

Yes, he did go to the hatch and say, "I've done everything that you've asked me to" or something like that, but I still don't think it was his intention to have Boone die and I would think the black cloud/machine/monster would know that. It will be very interesting to see how Eko acts or what he says about his encounter to the others...especially Locke.

Locke is my favorite character....but i do think he intended to do what he needed to, even if that included Boone kicking the bucket, to find out what was in that hatch......which, i of course, am glad Locke did.....now if he would only kill Claire..................yes, she irritates me :)

Locke is my favorite character....but i do think he intended to do what he needed to, even if that included Boone kicking the bucket, to find out what was in that hatch......which, i of course, am glad Locke did.....now if he would only kill Claire..................yes, she irritates me :)

AYE!!!!!!!!I said it tae aboot that needling Claire a co'o months ago....the lassie sends me off edge!

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name