Bullying

VLynn

I'm so very disappointed in this season. I'm not one that usually jumps on a bandwagon of blame, but this season it seems to be the mission of the houseguests to eliminate the people that are not deemed to be, by a percentage of the public, as acceptable? The two African American houseguests, Ovi, who, I don't remember him discussing his ethnicity but he did discuss that he had been bullied as a younger man, and Jessica, a plus sized model, as well as a Latina. I know why they're currently targeting Nicole - the lies that Holly, Sis and Christie told Nick and Bella, but will they go after Christie and/or Tommy next because they are (I believe they both said that they were, but I could be mistaken) members of the LBTGQ community? And poor Cliff, being an older, plain man, he's on the list. If Big Brother is to be for young, exceptionally attractive but shallow people, why bother casting folks that they feel 'don't fit the bill' in the first place? Why put them through what society potentially puts them through on a daily basis, but intensify it by cooping them up with no way to escape the disappointment, the hurt and the isolation of being bullied or being shunned for being the person you are? Believe me, I'm no 'bleeding heart' but this season, with the Gr8ful alliance (of which, at least two will be expendable), it's painfully obvious that Big Brother just wants ratings, even if it's at the expense of someone's feelings or sanity. And why in the world would production allow a houseguest to remain in the house if they are blatantly being aggressive, verbally abusive or excessively hurtful to one or more of their housemates?

I've watched every season of BB with the exception of the first one, and I have to say that I don't know if I can continue to watch this season. If it gets any worse, I most likely wont even tune in next season. Let's get real people back in the house and make it the experiment it was meant to be and not a 'hook up' opportunity for a bunch of entitled twenty-somethings. Please!

Jack/Jackson don't care about actual ethnicity, just that the others are brown or black or basically not white (which is ironic because I would swear Jack has a fair amount of brown in his family tree).

Ovi is Bangladeshi, came to America when he was very young.  Camp Comeback is a minority holding pen that will also get the old guy tonight. Totally lame.  And PRODUCTION is encouraging racist stereotypes behund the scenes while at the same time "warning" Jack/Jackson about their use of the N word, mocking David by walking like an ape, etc.  Production tried to get Kemi to do stereotypical black queen head snaps and body language in her DRs, which she refused to do (according to her on the live feeds).  It's a top to bottom issue in the house and on the production side. They need to do a serious house cleaning at CBS.

4 hours ago, BBLurkerPlus said:

Jack/Jackson don't care about actual ethnicity, just that the others are brown or black or basically not white (which is ironic because I would swear Jack has a fair amount of brown in his family tree).

Ovi is Bangladeshi, came to America when he was very young.  Camp Comeback is a minority holding pen that will also get the old guy tonight. Totally lame.  And PRODUCTION is encouraging racist stereotypes behund the scenes while at the same time "warning" Jack/Jackson about their use of the N word, mocking David by walking like an ape, etc.  Production tried to get Kemi to do stereotypical black queen head snaps and body language in her DRs, which she refused to do (according to her on the live feeds).  It's a top to bottom issue in the house and on the production side. They need to do a serious house cleaning at CBS.

It’s really bad this season. In the past it seemed like BB didn’t condone racist sexist behavior.  But now, clearly all bets are off and they’re just going for it. It makes me wonder how much our current political climate has to do with how much certain types of “talk” are now acceptable. The whole thing bums me out.  A show I used to watch for a little mental break from the grinds and unsavory parts of the world, now just reminds me of them.

9 minutes ago, Keepittogether said:

It’s really bad this season. In the past it seemed like BB didn’t condone racist sexist behavior.  But now, clearly all bets are off and they’re just going for it. It makes me wonder how much our current political climate has to do with how much certain types of “talk” are now acceptable. The whole thing bums me out.  A show I used to watch for a little mental break from the grinds and unsavory parts of the world, now just reminds me of them.

IMO, the worst season was season 19 with Paul orchestrating the mob mentality of house. But this one is shaping up to be close. I don't know how so many people in some of the other online pages can make excuses for there being only brown faces in CC, denying the racism on display for all to see.   

Some of these people seem a little racist. I hate to say that or throw around the term because it's been overused recently and it shouldn't be watered down. But some of the things that Jack and Jackson have done and said really makes them look bad. It's not surprising that the CC people were all (except for Cliff) people of color. But the bullying this season is nothing compared to the clusterf*ck that was a couple of years ago when the idiot meatball from Miami won. I don't even remember his name. But him and Paul and the rest of their gang took the award for bullying. 

5 minutes ago, straykat said:

IMO, the worst season was season 19 with Paul orchestrating the mob mentality of house. But this one is shaping up to be close. I don't know how so many people in some of the other online pages can make excuses for there being only brown faces in CC, denying the racism on display for all to see.   

Yes!

1 hour ago, Keepittogether said:

Yeah, I bailed on BB19 live feeds long before the end of the show because I just couldn't stand how ugly Paul and his mob were.  BB21 is *almost* to that level. So much bullying, racism and generally ugly behavior, and very few houseguests to even LIKE.  If there's not a turn soon, I can see bailing on BB21 live feeds completely again (I'm already vastly reduced from usual levels because I just can't stand most of these people).

I was telling a friend last night that I have lost most of my interest in BB this year.  My favorites are Cliff and Nicole and maybe Jess but I can't stand the rest of the players.  I do like all the ones in Camp Comeback a lot and I hope they realize the world is NOT like the racist A-Holes the Gr8ful are.  CBS/BB should be ashamed of themselves for letting this kind of talk and actions go on.  And I agree with the other posters above.  Paul was the worst human and I was SO glad he lost twice.  He was so shocked when he lost it made it worthwhile for me to have watched his actions for two seasons.  I don't think he would ever come back if they asked him.  He would be afraid of losing a third time.

2 hours ago, WOC said:

Paul losing and Cody winning America's Choice were the only redeeming things that season. Just the look on Paul's face was priceless! It still makes me smile.

Me too!!!

On 7/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, WOC said:

Paul losing and Cody winning America's Choice were the only redeeming things that season. Just the look on Paul's face was priceless! It still makes me smile.

Yes, Paul losing was a good reminder that the truth about people usually does manifest in the end.  Even though some horrible people have played the game, they never win.  That’s something I guess.

Evil Dick won and he was the biggest bully EVER. However, I am tired of the whining about 'bully' tactics. In case you forgot, this is a GAME. A chance of $500K, so to complain how 'mean' these HG are, they are trying to win. Would you just sit there and NOT do anything, with the exception of physical contact, to WIN? Perspective people. This isn't Romper Room!! Good grief.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:42 AM, KarenP said:

Evil Dick won and he was the biggest bully EVER. However, I am tired of the whining about 'bully' tactics. In case you forgot, this is a GAME. A chance of $500K, so to complain how 'mean' these HG are, they are trying to win. Would you just sit there and NOT do anything, with the exception of physical contact, to WIN? Perspective people. This isn't Romper Room!! Good grief.

Except that from what I read earlier in other topics production is meddling, manipulating and directing the game to an outcome they favor!  Wonder if the HG's know that;  if it's even mentioned in the fine print (where you need a mag glass to read) and that they're playing and enduring the abuse and cheating because they THINK they have a chance at $500K.  They should bring in fresh eyes in the production area.  This season has turned out to be a real dud, worse the Celebrity BB.  I don't like any of these people and still not sure who I want to see win although now I guess that's irrelevant too.

This may sound dramatic, but it made me feel sad that I am done watching the show. I’ve been a fan since BB2 . Only watched half of season 19, and decided to sign up for feeds one last time for season 21.Well, I cancelled two weeks in. I’m not interested in watching what BB has become.