Gameshow Marathon

Dade

Courtesy of: CBS, GAMESHOW MARATHON

Premieres Wednesday, May 31, 8PM ET/PT on CBS

gameshow_main.jpg

Hosted by Emmy Award nominee Ricki Lake, GAMESHOW MARATHON features six celebrity contestants competing in an elimination tournament comprising classic game shows: "The Price Is Right," "Let's Make a Deal," "Beat the Clock," "Press Your Luck," "Card Sharks," "Match Game" and "Family Feud." Celebrity contestants include Tim Meadows ("Saturday Night Live"), Leslie Nielsen ("Airplane"), Kathy Najimy ("Sister Act"), Lance Bass (*NSYNC), Paige Davis ("Trading Spaces") and Brande Roderick ("Baywatch"). A champion will be crowned at the end of the competition.

Each episode, GAMESHOW MARATHON viewers may enter to win the celebrity's grand prize via a wireless (text message) trivia game.

AIR SCHEDULE

8PM ET/PT

Wed 5/31: The Price Is Right

Thu 6/1: Let's Make a Deal

Wed 6/7: Beat the Clock

Thu 6/8: Press Your Luck

Thu 6/15: Card Sharks

Thu 6/22: Match Game

Thu 6/29: Family Feud

pic_ricki_lake.jpg

With Host Ricki Lake

Contestants:

pic_lance_bass.jpg

Lance Bass

Best known as a member of the phenomenally successful pop group *NSYNC, Lance Bass has also made a name for himself as an actor, producer, writer, entrepreneur and philanthropist.

pic_paige_davis.jpg

Paige Davis

Widely known as host of the popular television series "Trading Spaces," Paige Davis did a turn in the Broadway and national touring cast of "Chicago." Her other theatrical credits include "Beauty and the Beast," "Company," A Chorus Line," "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "Hello, Dolly!" "Johnny Tremaine," "Pippin," "Oklahoma!" "West Side Story," "Camelot" and "Funny Girl."

pic_kathy_najimy.jpg

Kathy Najimy

Kathy Najimy is equally at home in films, in television and on stage. Her television credits include three seasons opposite Kirstie Alley as "Olive" on "Veronica's Closet," for which she received an American Comedy Award. For the past 10 seasons, she has provided the voice of "Peggy Hill" on the Emmy award-winning animated series "King of the Hill," (Annie Award, two WIN awards.) She was thrilled to play Sharon Stones' gynecologist in HBO's "If These Walls Could Talk 2," and in 2003 she appeared in Disney's "The Scream Team" with Eric Idle. The original "Kathy & Mo Show: Parallel Lives" garnered her two Cable Ace Awards for the first HBO special and an Obie Award for the Off-Broadway stage show. The 1996 HBO version, entitled Kathy & Mo: The Dark Side," won Cable Ace Awards for her roles as actor, writer and Executive Producer of the special, as well as an American Comedy Award nomination for her performance. Najimy was featured in a three-part arc on CBS's "Chicago Hope" as well as in the series "She TV," "Fool for Love," "Early Edition" and three episodes of "Ellen." She is shamefully proud of her appearance on Celebrity Poker Showdown, in which she won the grand champion tournament and $100, 000 for her charity, V-Day. Najimy sang and danced as Elmo's stepmother on the special Cinderelmo, as well as starred in the musical opening number of the 1995 Academy Awards. She also headed the Emmy award-winning musical special "In Search Of Dr. Seuss in 1993."

pic_leslie_nielsen.jpg

Leslie Nielsen

A veteran of over 100 motion pictures and more than 1500 television appearances, Leslie Nielsen had built a sturdy reputation portraying manly authority figures, including the Space Ship Commander in the sci-fi classic "Forbidden Planet" and the Captain of the ill-fated cruise ship in "The Poseidon Adventure," before he turned his image inside out with a hysterically funny deadpan performance as the loopy doctor in Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker's "Airplane!" He continued to work with the ZAZ comedy team on the TV series "Police Squad!," on which he originated the role of police Lt. Frank Drebin, which he re-created in "The Naked Gun," "Naked Gun 2

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Baywatch Bombshell Presses Her Luck

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060531insider3.jpg

Brande Roderick on Gameshow Marathon

We asked 100 men, "Would you drown yourself if it meant Brande Roderick giving you mouth-to-mouth?" How many said yes?

That Card Sharksian moment is brought to you by CBS' Gameshow Marathon, premiering tonight at 8 pm/ET and pitting such familiar faces as Leslie Nielsen, Kathy Najimy and, yes, Baywatch alum Brande Roderick against each other in contests from your favorite quiz contests. Avoiding the Whammy and bidding on fabulous showcases is but the first of many things on Roderick's plate this summer and fall, as the Starsky & Hutch showstopper revealed in this TVGuide.com Q&A.

TVGuide.com: I understand we're not going to be able to escape you in the coming months.

Brande Roderick: I know! There's lots of good stuff going on!

TVGuide.com: Let's start off with Gameshow Marathon, which appears to be some sort of hodgepodge of every show we grew up knowing and loving?

Roderick: Exactly. It's a throwback to all the old game shows. We did The Price Is Right, Let's Make a Deal, Beat the Clock, Press Your Luck... all the fun ones that people love so much. Each week, we win prizes for people at home that call in.

TVGuide.com: Which game show proved to be your specialty?

Roderick: I don't know if I'm allowed to tell! But I did great on The Price Is Right, Card Sharks, Family Feud....

TVGuide.com: I always liked Card Sharks, if only for its simplicity. Just a matter of saying "higher" or "lower" and, of course, making the corresponding thumb gesture.

Roderick: Yeah, that was a lot of fun. I also like the questions, like, "How many waiters admitted to spitting in somebody's food...?"

TVGuide.com: As a cynical kid, though, I always wondered if they actually polled the 100 people or just guesstimated what the results would be.

Roderick: Well, they say they really ask the people.... And the way I look at it is they ask people, "How many admitted to spitting in somebody's food?" Well, a lot of people would say, "Oh that's [got to be a] high [percent], but really, how many waiters are going to actually admit to it?

TVGuide.com: OK, you just reminded me of the one annoying thing about Card Sharks

This show is soooo unfair...I have always wanted to be on "Let's Make a Deal". :(

If this little stunt is successful, maybe real people can be contestants. Mortyers...watch this marathon...make it so successful the producers will have to continue so I can dress up as a big chicken and choose door number 3... :D

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Come On Down to the Gameshow Marathon

by Angel Cohn -Surfer Girl

I swear that someone over in CBS development snuck into my mind, tapped into my secret fantasies and created Gameshow Marathon. I love game shows. I used to look forward to being home sick from school so that I could watch The Price Is Right with my dad. Some of my favorite old series to watch in reruns on GSN are the celebrity-oriented ones like Match Game. And my most favorite game show of all time is Press Your Luck. This new series is a fantastic amalgam of all of these things. C-list celebs (and really, they are the best for this type of thing, they just don't take themselves too seriously) play a series of classic game shows in order to win money for their favorite charities.

The premiere installment featured six stars playing The Price Is Right with Ricki Lake hosting. It was a little bit odd to see The Price Is Right set sans Bob Barker, but at least Ricki remembered to sign off by telling people to "help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered." The C-list lineup for the competition is: Leslie Nielsen (I'm still scarred from seeing him naked in Scary Movie 4); former Trading Spaces hostess Paige Davis; former Baywatch beauty Brande Roderick; former SNLer Tim Meadows; comedian Kathy Najimy; and one-time astronaut wannabe Lance Bass. Please someone tell me that Lance had his T-shirts made up as a joke. They said "Colege," and he said that he and his group of friends were at "Colege" and hence the T-shirts. Now I'm thinking he either meatn college, colleague or collage, but last I checked "colege" wasn't a proper word. Kathy clearly doesn't live in reality at all: She bet $81,000 on a her showcase. Um, who does her shopping? I've so got a bridge to sell her. Brande was entirely confused while playing the race game, but she redeemed herself a little bit by winning the showcase by underbidding and thereby earning herself one of the finalist spots. Paige got to play the best TPIR game, Plinko. She didn't seem to know where to put her chips in order to get the most money, but sometimes it is a little bit random. The guys, Lance, Tim and Leslie never even made it on to the stage. Hopefully they'll fare better at the next game, Let's Make a Deal.

But the best and most unexpected part of the first episode was seeing other C-listers in the audience. Kathy Griffin, Bruce Vilanch, Betty White, George Foreman and Adam Carolla were all sitting out there among the masses. Not sure why they were there, but I did think it was amusing to watch Adam pretend to be miffed and storm out when he didn't get the chance to "come on down."

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of these games unfold as the celebs work their way toward the finals, a Family Feud face-off, where they'll be joined by their own friends and family members. And of course, I'm really excited for Press Your Luck. No Whammies, big bucks!

Posted by Angel Cohn 05/31/2006 11:20 PM

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SURFER GIRL

Let's Make a Deal, or No Deal

Last night I was overwhelmed by the glitz and glamour and the fact that someone had the genius idea to make a series out of my favorite game shows. Tonight, I'm still pretty thrilled to see my old favorites coming back to life, but I was really underwhelmed by the hosting abilities of Ricki Lake on Gameshow Marathon. I didn't expect her to be a Bob Barker, but I thought she'd bring her own personality to the show. I guess that she did bring her personality, but it was annoying. I was really irritated when she was showing off the Aspercreme and making goofy faces and acting like it was corny to be plugging products. Ugh. Monty Hall would have had none of that when he was wheeling and dealing. Which brings me to my point: why couldn't they get a real game-show host for this? Chuck Woolery, who's over on GSN working on Lingo, would have been a perfect choice. Or what about Tom Bergeron? Dancing with the Stars is on hiatus; he should have some time free. Heck, I'd even be happy with Julie Chen, although I've been convinced for years that she's a robot. And don't send me hate mail, I like my Big Brother hostess and her precise ways

This show is soooo unfair...I have always wanted to be on "Let's Make a Deal". :(

Mortyers...watch this marathon...make it so successful the producers will have to continue so I can dress up as a big chicken and choose door number 3... :D

Hey, door number 3 . . . you won the dodge viper! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: FOXREALITY.COM

Paige Davis & Brande Roderick To Appear On Gameshow Marathon

June 15, 2006

by Joe Reality

Emmy Award nominee Ricki Lake hosts Paige Davis ("Trading Spaces") and Brande Roderick ("Baywatch") as they play "Card Sharks" and compete for one of the two spots on the final episode of GAMESHOW MARATHON, where classic game shows are played by celebrity contestants, Thursday, June 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In the first semi-final round, Paige Davis and Brande Roderick square off and play "Card Sharks," each vying for a spot in the final. Following the same format as the classic show, Davis and Roderick guess whether a card within a standard 52-card deck is higher or lower than the previously displayed card. Lance Bass ("'N Sync") and Kathy Najimy ("Sister Act") wait on "Finalist Row" for their turn to compete in the second semi-final round.

"Card Sharks" premiered in 1978. Jim Perry hosted the show from 1978-1986. Bob Eubanks then hosted the show from 1986-1989.

GAMESHOW MARATHON features six celebrity contestants competing in a weekly elimination-style tournament in which they play different classic game shows during each episode. Future episodes include, "Match Game" and "Family Feud." A champion will be crowned at the end of the series. In addition, the program will include a viewer participation element whereby they will have a chance to win the celebrity's grand prize each episode through a wireless (text message) trivia game that enters viewers into a sweepstakes.

GAMESHOW MARATHON is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Granada Entertainment USA. Cecile Frot-Cruz, Paul Jackson and Stuart Krasnow are executive producers.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Gameshow Marathon

Gameshow Marathon Meets Its Match

Finally they played Match Game on Gameshow Marathon and I couldn't be happier because that meant that I got to watch Betty White in action. I just adore her, and she didn't let me down. Her sweet demeanor combined with her comments about how drunk the panelists were back when they played the game originally were perfect. Betty, Kathy Griffin and Bruce Vilanch really seemed to be the only ones who actually got how to play this game, with their joking comments about each other and their responses packed with double entendres. Adrianne Curry just kept putting kind of slutty or really stupid answers down. I've got to thank the self-deprecating Adam Carolla for reminding me, and the audience, that she's just a model. How funny was it when he compared himself to Greg Brady? I never noticed the resemblance before. Weird. Oh, and Kathy Najimy and Lance... someone needed to explain the rules of this show to them. Maybe Dumb Dora could do it.

While this was a more fun episode for me at least, I was painfully reminded that Ricki Lake is no Gene Rayburn, and I cringe at the thought of her trying to step into Richard Dawson's shoes next week on the Family Feud. I really would have loved to see the former Feud host as one of the Match Game panelists last night; he always had the best answers. I can only imagine what word he would have said would have best fit the statement about how Paris Hilton wants to go on Survivor but she couldn't go that long without blanking.

Posted by: Angel Cohn 06/23/2006 9:39 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Gameshow Marathon Winner Is Kathy Najimy

Kathy Najimy ("Sister Act") won the Gameshow Marathon Championship trophy and $100,000 for the charity of her choice on the finale of GAMESHOW MARATHON, hosted by Emmy Award nominee Ricki Lake.

In the final episode, Kathy Najimy and Brande Roderick teamed up with members of their own families to compete on the perennial television game show favorite "Family Feud." Not only did Najimy win the trophy and $100,000 for "Girl's Best Friend," a charity that promotes and protects the human rights of girls and young women, a lucky home viewer will be awarded $50,000 in cash.

GAMESHOW MARATHON featured six celebrity contestants competing in a weekly elimination-style tournament in which they played different classic game shows during each episode. The revived game shows included "The Price is Right," "Beat The Clock," "Let's Make a Deal," "Press Your Luck," "Card Sharks," "Match Game" and "Family Feud." In addition, the program incorporated a viewer participation element whereby they had the chance to win the celebrity's grand prize each episode through a wireless (text message) trivia game that entered viewers into a sweepstakes.

GAMESHOW MARATHON is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Granada Entertainment USA. Cecile Frot-Cruz, Paul Jackson and Stuart Krasnow are executive producers

Lance Bass in a banana costume-I'm still having horrible nightmares...and uncontrollable fits of laughter.

Seriously though, I get so sick of watching game shows with C actors as contestants. I think game shows are so much more entertaining when us abnormal normal folk get to play. That's why Let's Make a Deal and The Price is Right were/are such great game shows! And where is Bob Barker when you need him? Ricki Lake? Cmon...

Did anyone else notice Kathy Najimy's family and friends? I was surprised a few weeks ago when I found out that Kathy Najimy was married to Dan Finnerty of The Dan Band. I ADORE him! But I couldn't shake the feeling that I had seen her best friend somewhere before . . . and then it came to me . . . she's Ellen DeGeneres ex-girlfriend, Alexandra Hedison. They were together for four years before she began her current relationship with Portia de Rossi in 2004. Small world! Congrats Kathy, her family, friends and charity on winning!