T.R. Knight as George O'Malley

Jem

T.R. Knight as George O'Malley

Source

greys_ockenfels2.jpg

T.R. Knight was born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and spent his last two years there as part of the acting company at the Guthrie Theater. He has returned to the Guthrie twice since then to play Richard Miller in Eugene O'Neill's Ah, Wilderness!, and the title role in Peter Shaffer's Amadeus.

Since moving to New York, he has performed on Broadway as Tim Allgood in Michael Frayn's Noises Off, opposite Patti LuPone, Peter Gallagher and Richard Easton, and as Damis in Tartuffe, with Brian Bedford. Off-Broadway credits include Joe in Conor McPherson's This Lime Tree Bower and Brendan Hilliard in Anto Howard's Scattergood, for which he received a Drama Desk nomination for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play.

On television Knight was a series regular opposite Nathan Lane and Laurie Metcalf in Charlie Lawrence .

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1165660/

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Anatomy Star: Yep, I'm Grey. Er, I Mean Gay.

Hedging that "there have been a few questions about my sexuality," Grey's Anatomy star T.R Knight has issued an exclusive statement to People setting the record straight, as it weren't. "I'd like to quiet any unncessary rumors that may be out there," he says. "While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me."

Speaking purely for myself, the most interest part of me is detailed on my MySpace page.

Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich 10/19/06 4:29 PM

• 9 months later...