The Idol's Idols

I was pretty impressed that the show was able to get big names for their season's final. Meatloaf, May J Blige, even Prince... the list literally goes on and on. So, whose performance were you most impressed with? I loved how Mary J took over and really got into the song towards the end, poor Elliot could hardly keep up. Meatloaf though...woosh, he was dreadful! It saddens me to say this because I love the guy, but man was he terrible.

Also, who the heck is stylin' for Clay, I didn't even recognize him!

I thought the little skits were entertaining.

My favorite Elliott, did a great job with Mary J and Chris my second fave did a great job as well

What did Kat do to be matched up with Meatloaf who was horrible and really was the worst part of the show. She would have been better off singing with an actual piece of meatloaf. Just terrible is all I can say! Next time let her sing the damn song with someone who has talent or another Idol who in my opinion could sing rings around Meatloaf.

Taylor getting hooked up with Toni Braxton wasn

I would rather that people who have lost their singing ability to age or whatever did not get dragged out because they could once sing. I was wondering if Meatloaf was dealing with Parkinson's or something because of the shaking hand. Dione Warwick was painful to listen to as she hardly has a voice left.

Clay really handled the situation well and the fellow he helped along clearly was thrilled.

I was thinking during the finale that Taylor vocally reminds me of Kenny Rogers when he was in the First Edition - before he turned country. Not really a great vocalist but obviously had the right stuff for a successful career. Hope Taylor can have some success as well.

I would rather that people who have lost their singing ability to age or whatever did not get dragged out because they could once sing. I was wondering if Meatloaf was dealing with Parkinson's or something because of the shaking hand. Dione Warwick was painful to listen to as she hardly has a voice left.

Clay really handled the situation well and the fellow he helped along clearly was thrilled.

I was thinking during the finale that Taylor vocally reminds me of Kenny Rogers when he was in the First Edition - before he turned country. Not really a great vocalist but obviously had the right stuff for a successful career. Hope Taylor can have some success as well.

Here is a quote from Meatloaf's site from him to his fans..

"I went through a whole week of tests for my heart and lungs and they found out I have a condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome. Basically, it is a condition where an individual is born with an extra electrical pathway in the heart. Many, many people are born with this condition and can live their whole lives without ever knowing it is there. Mine appeared to have remained quiet until now.The cardiologist performed an angiogram on Friday and they were successful in removing the extra pathway (a procedure called "ablation"). The prognosis is excellent as the procedure's success rate is over 95%.I was in surgery for around 2 hours, out of the hospital and back at the hotel. Try for the next show to be the 30th, thur I will get the ok from the cardiologist to play."

so yes, he was suffering, I felt awful because everyone was saying he did so horrible, when he was suffering from something horrible.. :(

He has a new album out and free TV promotion is priceless.

True - but the old Prince would not have had to stoop to going on AI to try to become relevant with the younger demographic. I'm a Prince fan, but it all smacked of desperation to me.

I heard Sesick on and interview said that Price arrived right as he was being introduced (maybe 40 seconds before) and was out the door and in his limo as soon as his song was done. They were wondering if he was gonna show at all.

I heard Sesick on and interview said that Price arrived right as he was being introduced (maybe 40 seconds before) and was out the door and in his limo as soon as his song was done. They were wondering if he was gonna show at all.

Now that doesn't surprise me at all. He's probably thinking to himself, 'What in the hell am I doing here?'

My, my, Purple Rain was such a long time ago, wasn't it. I'm felling old!

Oh . . . I thought Ryan was just trying to be dramatic by not announcing him and stuff :lol: Prince is still 'king' of the grand entrance though, I about fell off my chair when all the smoke and stuff cleared and I figured out what was happening - he he that was cool :D