General Season 3 spoilers

Jem

General Season 3 spoilers:
  • 05/25 - Producers of ABC's hit series Lost [...] told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romance

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Season's Lost Sneaked

Source

Producers of ABC's hit series Lost, which aired its surprising second-season finale on May 24, told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romance

• 05/29 - Summary of spoilers given by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse:

Next season, we will understand the real ramifications of Desmond activating the failsafe and what that did. The central issue of season three will be what did happen. It sounds like Desmond's coming back. They said they want him back, we want to know why he was in prison, we want to know what happened when he turned that key that affected the entire island. That will become very important.

The island was visible but only for an instant. It was also visible for an instant on 9/22/04 when the plane crashed.

The foot statue represents the history and archeology of the island. Season three will explore what happened on the island before Dharma arrived in the late 70's and who was there.

The smoke monster will definitely be back in Season three. There is a good chance we saw the monster this year and didn't realize we were looking at it. By the end of next year we will realize what it was and when we saw it.

Why did the Others take Jack, Kate and Sawyer? Where is their home? That will be the story told over the first six episodes.

Season 3 will also be about the main characters and their relationships. They want to service the relationships next year more than the mythology. How Locke got in the wheelchair, how Jack got his tattoos will be revealed in Season three. Source: Lost Podcast

• 05/26 - I just received some exclusive intel on the new characters joining Lost. In addition to the two female roles, the show is also adding a new hunk. Descriptions are: Female, 30s, with leadership qualities. Female, early 20s, very attractive. Male, Latino, early 20s, handsome, mysterious quality. My guess? These are some of the "background" survivors that Carlton Cuse told me would emerge next season. Source: The Ausiello Report
  • 05/26 - Next season will be about the Others, as led by the oblique Henry Gale (played by Michael Emerson, who will join the regular cast). Mr. Cuse listed what viewers will learn about the Others by this time next year: "Who are these people? How many of them are there? What is their history? What are they trying to accomplish?" Source: New York Times
Source - Spoilerfix.com

'Lost' Survivors Will Find Love In Season 3

Article by Michael Simpson

Third season will have romance, new characters and more on the mysterious Others. Even though the hit ABC series "Lost" has only just finished its second season, the writers have been giving fans a heads-up on what to expect when Season 3 begins in the Fall. No doubt there will be many surprises in store, but one thing viewers can anticipate is more romance, according to SciFi Wire.

"I'm excited about love in Season 3," executive producer Bryan Burk said. "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. The concept of love [is there], and it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three."

Some new characters and the mysterious Others will also have a major influence on developments in Season 3, said executive producer Carlton Cuse. At the end of the second season the Others had captured Jack (played by Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lilly) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway).

"The Others are an important part of Season 3, and there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into Season 3," Cuse said. "And those are the things we're going to explore."

Viewers can expect to see more of Henry Gale (played by Michael Emerson) and Penelope Widmore (Sonya Walger), Cuse said. Both were added to the cast in Season 2. Despite the introduction of new characters, however, Burk said that the show is still going in the direction the producers had always anticipated.

"The details are changing on this, and new characters that we hadn't thought about are here, but what's fun is kind of the whole big journey is still kind of where we had originally talked about it," said Burk. "And it feels as I had always said from day one, when I was doing interviews in season one, I kept saying that the show doesn't really start kicking in for me until seasons two and three. Somebody smarter than me recently said in a TV Guide letter, 'If you think you're still watching a show about people who crashed on an island, you're watching another show.' There's a lot going on, and as we move forward, we're getting deeper into the center of the onion."

New episodes of "Lost" begin in the Fall. The second season will be released on DVD in North America on October 3, according to TVShowsOnDVD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 06/12 - I *believe* Locke, Eko and Desmon will be back. Terry O'Quinn and SexAAA (Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje) are both under contract, and I've heard Desmond will be back. Now, that could be in a flashback, but it was my understanding his next appearance would be more of the still-breathing-on-the-island variety. Source: Kristin on E!Online
Spoilerfix.com

Jem- thanks for posting something in the LOST thread...I'm going through such withdrawals!! ;)

Jem- thanks for posting something in the LOST thread...I'm going through such withdrawals!! ;)

Thanks Jem but, give me a spoiler that I can sink Kayo's frog teeth into... haha ;)

HI Kayo!!! Long time no see!! LOL....I know what you mean about the withdrawels!! I'm having them too...BIG time...LOL

TV right now is terrible. ALL reruns. BUT I did like the new show...Windfall. That looks promising! And waiting on Treasure Hunters too! I think that will be a real good show!

Glad to see you Kayo. Nice to see that you still have the little froggie!! :P

HI Kayo!!! Long time no see!! LOL....I know what you mean about the withdrawels!! I'm having them too...BIG time...LOL

TV right now is terrible. ALL reruns. BUT I did like the new show...Windfall. That looks promising! And waiting on Treasure Hunters too! I think that will be a real good show!

Glad to see you Kayo. Nice to see that you still have the little froggie!! :P

I'm looking forward to Treasure Hunters too...hope it's a good show, cuz there isn't much goin on in the summer. Actually, it's a good thing because I have a WHOLE LOT MORE TIME to get things done! ;)

Yep, I still have my big-tooth froggie but I'm thinking about changing it up pretty soon...you know what they say about variety.... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

07/14 - Juliet, a woman in her mid-30s, will be added to the cast as a regular. Juliet is a natural leader and a smart and independant woman. One of her flashbacks (?) will involve her mother Amelia. During said falshback, the ladies will discuss burnt brownies and Juliet's love life. It seems that Juliet may be an Other. Jack is held alone in a room and Juliet looks at him, seperated from him with a glass window. Jack tries to break the chains that are holding him. Juliet tries to convince a pissed off Jack to trust her. Source: SpoilerFix.com [Note: It is unknown when those scenes will be seen and if they will be part of an episode.]

Woo hoo! Finally some LOST spoiler info- thanks, Dade!! :)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Lost Will Find More Romance

Speaking at length to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse confirmed that Season 3, debuting Oct. 4, will offer more beach-blanket tangos. "I wouldn

07/21 - During an interview Carlton Cuse revealed: We almost view the first six as a miniseries. And it's going to answer what we left hanging at the end of the finale. Obviously, we're going to explain what happened to Locke and Desmond and Eko, and sort of deal with the fact that Sawyer and Kate and Jack are in captivity. We would love to sort of finish up [Libby]'s story. We're casting two female roles and one new male role. I can't tell you where the characters are going to come from, but obviously, one of the things we're doing this year on the show is... learning a lot more about the Others, and their society and their history. So it might be fair to say that you're going to learn more about some other characters who are also Others. I wouldn't call it the season of sex, but I will say that romance will play a much more active part of the show this year... We actually meant to get to it last year. We didn't really get to the romance as fast as we thought we were going to. So this year that's definitely on our agenda. I think actually one of these new female characters is going to be a romantic interest, possibly for Jack. There will be several new romances on the show this year... I think that this year we're looking to make the show a little bit brighter, a little bit more vibrant, a little bit more on the action-adventure axis, a little bit more on the romance axis. I don't think the show will be as dark and as intense this year [as it was last season]. And it will be, I think, even more on the character axis than on the mythological axis. John Locke will be a very different person in Season 3. All of his questions and his doubts and his uncertainty have been answered. In fact, the button did mean something. And there was something at stake. And I think that will bring about a change in that character. Penny is an important character in the overarching mythology of the show. The interrelationship between the outside world and the island will be something that will be a part of Season 3. The monster will be a part of Season 3, as will the polar bear. People are asking what happened to the polar bear, so we will be doing some polar-bear stories. The smoke creature and the monster are one and the same. I hope Cindy shows up at some point. Let's just say we have many actors on our show; she is not at the top of the list of actors we're servicing. Source: The Ausiello Report

Lost Season 3 Scoops From Comic-Con!

Source: Scott Chitwood, comingsoon.net

July 22, 2006

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=15614

"Lost" co-creator/executive producer Damon Lindelof, executive producers Bryan Burk and Carlton Cuse, and stars Jorge Garcia (Hugo) and Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) attended the San Diego Comic-Con today and talked about the upcoming season three starting on October 4. The presentation was briefly interrupted by a planned protestor, a Rachel Blake, who yelled at them for supporting the Hanso Foundation and told people to go to HansoExposed.com.

Here are the highlights of what they said!

- Season three will have a vastly different feeling, but at the same time reembrace the roots of the series.

- Season three will focus more on adventure.

- The first six episodes in the fall will be like a mini-series and focuses on the captivity story of Jack, Kate and Sawyer.

- We'll learn more about The Others and Alex's story.

- An event will happen mid-season that will blow people away!

- J.J. Abrams will co-write the first episode which is titled "The Tale of Two Cities." He'll also direct the seventh episode, which is the first episode of the second half of the third season (early next year).

- They are going to reveal what happened to Locke, Desmond and Echo.

- They are adding new regular characters, which they are casting for now.

- You'll see more scenes from the outside world (taking place at the same time they are on the island).

- Desmond and Penny's relationship forms a new seed for a new element in the series.

- Libby will be back to fill in the gaps.

- Within the first few episodes Kate "gets with someone".

- They are going to explain the medical miracles.

- They debunked the rumor that the monster is a cloud nanobot.

- The hyroglypics on the countdown clock are signs of the underworld.

- They have 4 to 5 seasons planned out, and they knew the beginning and ending from the start. Going beyond 5 seasons would be stretching it, they said.

- If they introduce a question on the show, they already know the answer.

- They do look at fans' reactions and that does affect how they do things on the show.

- They showed a promo for the 13 "Lost" diaries that will be on Verizon, which featured Hugo finding a camera and interviewing people on the island.

- A "Lost" game from Ubisoft is coming next year which features a new story.

- On the season two DVD, you can expect one feature which has all of Sawyer's famous lines!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, AUSIELLO REPORT

Exclusive! Lost Snags "Brazilian Tom Cruise"

by Michael Ausiello

Lost has found its new mystery man

All I can say is...WOW!

looks a little bit like Keanu Reeves...only better looking...

07/29 - Elizabeth Mitchell has joined the cast of ABC's hit drama "Lost" as a possible new love interest for Matthew Fox's character, sources said. Source: Yahoo! [Note: We believe that she will play "Juliet" decribed in out July 14 spoilers below.]

07/26 - Rodrigo Santoro, best known to American audiences as the hot dude Laura Linney crushed on in Love Actually, is joining the cast this fall. Source: The Ausiello Report

07/22 - Among the revelations to come: Viewers will learn more about Desmond and Penny, why Locke was paralyzed, why Libby was in the asylum, and why the island has healing powers. Source: Sci Fi Wire

07/22 - The smoke monster is definitely not made of nanobots. Kate will "make her choice" in the first six episodes of the season. Her choice is presumably between Sawyer and Jack. The word "clone" will never be heard on the show. The Powers That Be all but confirmed Libby will be appearing in flashbacks, most logically Desmond's or Hurley's. If you're asking about daddy issues, you're asking the right questions. Strong implication that an underwater hatch might exist and that it might be explored this season. The producers say the hieroglyphics on the timer translate to "underworld". Source: Kristin on E!Online

Courtesy of www.thetailsection.com/ :

"Yet another casting bombshell (literally!) has landed! Natasha Henstridge will be strutting her stuff on LOST in season three! Henstridge is known to sci-fi fans as the buff alien from "Species", but was more recently attached to the critically acclaimed, but axed none-the-less, "Commander In Chief" where she held down the recurring role of Jayne Murra.

While there is no confirmation on the part she will be playing, Ms. Henstridge will likely be stepping into the part of the character described as "30's with leadership qualities". Rumor has it this is a character coming forward from the background survivors to stake a claim as boss-of-the-beach in the absence of Jack and company.

Another character, Juliet (reportedly played by Elizabeth Mitchell) is apparently an "other" working to gain the trust of Jack at the Others hideaway."

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Any idea if Desmond died on Lost or not? I must know!

ABC Television Network

Series Season Premiere is October 4

"Lost" - awarded the 2005 Emmy and 2006 Golden Globe for best drama series - has begun production in Hawaii on third season episodes of action-packed mystery and adventure -- that will continue to bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost. The series will have its season premiere WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including a mysterious smoke monster, polar bears, a strange French woman and another group of island residents known as "The Others." The survivors have also found signs of those who came to the island before them, including a 19th century sailing ship called The Black Rock, the remains of an ancient statue and bunkers belonging to the Dharma Initiative, a group of scientific researchers.

Jack, Kate and Sawyer open the season in captivity as prisoners of "The Others." Just who these "Others" are and what they want are primary questions Season Three will explore. Michael Emerson joins the regular cast in his ongoing role as Henry Gale, leader of "The Others." Romance looms on the horizon as Jack's interests veer towards a mysterious new woman, whose motives may be questionable. Sun and Jin will continue to celebrate their pregnancy - but is the child really Jin's? Locke and Sayid will band together with some of the other survivors and journey across the island in an attempt to free Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Charlie will attempt to return into the good graces of Claire and her baby, Aaron, but can he be trusted to stay clean and sober? The fates of Locke, Desmond and Mr. Eko in the aftermath of the implosion of the hatch are answered. Will Penny Widmore find the island and her long, lost love, Desmond, and can the survivors find a way to interact with the outside world?

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 60-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets.

"Lost" stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie and Terry O'Quinn as Locke.

"Lost" was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender, Jeff Pinkner and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. "Lost," which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii and premiered on September 22, 2004, is from Touchstone Television.

07/30 - [Henry Ian] Cusick [...] said: "I've been asked to be a regular for at least a year." Source: The Sunday Mail