Dixie Chicks

salter-path

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You may not agree with the outcome, but you fall in behind the leader and accept who was elected by the majority of your fellow Americans

So you agree Natalie had every right to speak out against Bush because at the time he had not been elected by the majority of her fellow Americans?

:blow:

. . . They mad at their mom or something??? Why are they saying the mother is a sad story??? First the President and now their own mother or other mothers, maybe they meant all mothers?? Have they no shame?? What's all the hate about . . .
The answer lies in only one particular nameless mother. There was a sound byte that played on the news incessantly when the controversy happened so many years ago. It's the same one that can be seen in the movie, "Shut Up and Sing," which gains its title from another sound byte from the news so long ago.

The sound byte showed a mother prompting her young child who didn't even know who The Dixie Chicks were to spew venomous comments for the camera. Her daughter was so young that she was barely old enough to form sentences. She was at that age where children repeat what parents tell them. It was hard to watch someone young and unaware being prompted to hate for reasons they had no idea why they were saying it.

Hope that explains that one line from the song for those that didn't get to see the original sound byte or the documentary, "Shut Up and Sing." By the by, the documentary won yet, another award from of all places . . . conservative, military town of San Diego Critics. It really is winning a lot of buzz going toward the Academy Awards (although I doubt if nominated, it would win . . . it's a tough, competitive year).

The sound byte showed a mother prompting her young child who didn't even know who The Dixie Chicks were to spew venomous comments for the camera. Her daughter was so young that she was barely old enough to form sentences. She was at that age where children repeat what parents tell them. It was hard to watch someone young and unaware being prompted to hate for reasons they had no idea why they were saying it.

The radical islamists have been programming their children with Hate for the west for years... Yet, I have yet to see the Dixie Chicks make a statement on that... I guess they are to busy being embarassed about their President...

Oh jesus
You can just call me King, no need to be formal here...

Perhaps you shoudl listen to the whole CD take a listen to I Hope.

Whole cd, I don't think I could make it through one song....

But if you post the lyrics I will pass judgement...

The radical islamists have been programming their children with Hate for the west for years... Yet, I have yet to see the Dixie Chicks make a statement on that... I guess they are to busy being embarassed about their President...

Well the concert where they made the statement was in London. England was in a turmoil after Prime Minister Tony Blair showed his support for Bush's impending actions in Iraq. It was a statement meant to appeal to a crowd already disillusioned by American agression.

Of course we know radical islamists have been programming hate into the minds of their children. They hate all infidels, including those in Canada and other free-thinking countries.

I realize country music is not your genre but I'm sure if you posted some hip-hop lyrics not known for their poetic license, I would have trouble relating as well.

And yes, King has chosen an opposing view, but what does he care about President Bush? He lives in Canada. :shutup::popcorn:

:o

I really don't care much about Bush, he's your President... However, I can see the big picture and understand why he went into Iraq... Saddam started all of this, Bush just finished it... Unfortunately and at great cost, quite a few mistakes were made along the way...

As for the Dixie Chicks, I have no problem with their comments against the President, they are entitled to that right as American Citizens, but there is a time and a place

Yes he is the President but he didn't receive my vote. And I haven't been a fan of the lies and deceptions either. :no:

The right for the Dixie Chicks to speak out against him is their right, no matter what anyone on this board thinks about them or their music. You are absolutely correct. :)

I am impressed that you know the lyrics to a country song, Toby Keith, no less. :P

And don't call me Crazy Cat. :nono:

wowser, I think I entered the wrong thread...is this the dastardly, demonic Dixie Chicks thread or the root of all evil President Bush thread? I must be confused...excuse me while I quietly tiptoe out...

*shrugs* Hey, what do you expect when the conversation turns to our fine President. You know, the man who fights freedom by condoning torture and allowing his own citizens to be spied on without any accountability or due process. Yeah that guy....

PS - To give you a perspective, during the Civil War Lincoln suspened the writ of Habeas Corpus (which the Patriot Act essentially does on the face of it) and afterwards his actions were found unconstitutional. And Lincoln was our greatest President.

The ends don't always justify the means Mr. Bush....

Ugh.You know it's a good thing some cannot speak for all of us.

We are all different in our beliefs. And just because I don't care for the current leadership, doesn't mean I'm not patriotic and don't love this country. But I defend everyone's right to express their thoughts and I'd fight to the death to defend those rights, just as my ancestors have in the past. Don't ever doubt me on that. :flags_unitedstates:

Archived