Season 1's Most Shocking or Chilling Scene or Revelation?

raydog

Guest ranster627

I went with the transmission, but I have a feeling after tonight we will need a new poll!!!! LOL

I must have missed being able to vote, but it would be a toss-up between discovering Locke had once been in a wheelchair and the light going on in the hatch. The light going on would win by a hair...just because it made my whole family yell "WHOA!!!" all at the same time!

I cannot vote because my cookies tell the thing that I already did... but I set up the poll to work for 3 days --- sorry Kayo that you weren't able to vote (though it would have been a toss up for you as well)!!

Guest ranster627

turns out it is a security system ... I am not sure what I saw of it, seemed to be holographic at times but pulled locke underground ... kinda weird ...

OMG OMG OMG you guys!

I SO wish I could revise my poll!! Certainly the opening of the hatch would NOT be one of the shocking scenes... My new vote would be for the whole last scene on the water...

My heart stopped when that boat got close enough to the raft that we could see the "others" and how frigging creepy they are... and the heaving crying that ensued when Walt was taken off the raft and was screaming dad - ugh :( ... first he leaves his dog behind, and then he gets torn away from his father in the dead of nite in the middle of the ocean?

SO not fair we have to wait until when, November?

I'm heading home, watching the show again for the second time and then going to try to get some sleep.....

Guest ranster627

anyone notice that it was Hurley with the comic book with the polar bear??? ... and btw, I always loved Hurley, but tonight he was comic genius!

Guest ranster627

Two scruffy men and a young blonde woman on a small boat ... just speculating here, but sounded and looked cult-like to me!

Color me crazy here but a strange thought hit me tonight while watching lost. Maybe somebody else commented on it or maybe I am completely out in left field, but...I was just reading Angels and Devils which was the precursor to DaVinci Code and the book talked alot about how the earth is made up of opposites - life and death, earth and sky, dark and light etc.

It hit me when Locke said that Jack was a man of science and he was a man of faith.

So lets look at some of the match ups:

Locke, a man of science vs. Jack a man of science

Sawyer, a man who operates from selfishness vs. Hurley, a man who always strives to please

Sayid, a man who's so strong that he has made a life that keeps most of the world at arms length vs. Charley who is so weak and overwhelmed by life that he ended up with letting drugs push everyone from his life

Jin a man who sacrificed everything for the one person in his life (his moral compass, his family, his work etc.) vs. Michael who sacrificed nothing for the one person in his life, his son.

Sun a woman of reason vs. Kate a woman who operates completely on emotion

Two children, both boys, both with signs of goodness and potential evil. Both abandoned by their fathers in early childhood.

All of these pairs seem to be facing the same types of issues but from the opposite causation (for example Jin trying to figure out how to make room for his life and room in that life for his wife/Michael trying to figure out how to make room for his life and room for Walt in his life)

Am I crazy here?? Just a coincidence or something that points to the heart of the plot?

Guest ranster627

IMHO, you have hit at some of the basic themes, leading to the ultimate struggle in each of them good vs. evil ... if it can ever be that simple ...

So if that is part of the basic theme does that lend support to the idea of purgatory?? If so why does purgatory have a big old chute in the middle of it and ugly henchmen who steal little children??

And I still cant figure out Locke. Sometimes he is so cool and smart and other times I want to smack him. What part of Hurley saying wait wait WAIT didnt he get.

Men are SOOOO hard headed :wink:

Guest ranster627

I know the writers deny it has anything to do with Purgatory ... but I think they are all there in their own versions of Purgatory ...

I think Jack said it very well to Kate:

something like "when the hatch is open, we are going to have a Locke problem" ...

anyone notice that it was Hurley with the comic book with the polar bear??? ... and btw, I always loved Hurley, but tonight he was comic genius!

Yes, I did notice that... even said to cfd... we need to find out the name of that comic book this summer. My summer read... hee hee

About 20 minutes into last night show I was thinking "pirates of the carribean"... I know it's silly but, it popped in there. Not kidding after the show cfd turned to me and said... I think we're watching Pirates of the Carribean. I was like omg... I was sooo thinking the same thing. This is now another book to read this summer (I know most of us probably think of the movie with Johnny Depp but, there is actually a book that the original and remake movie are based on.)

I think Jack said it very well to Kate:

something like "when the hatch is open, we are going to have a Locke problem" ...

Bingo! definitely a key-phrase foreshadowing next season...