Deadliest Catch

Jem

There must be someone out there that watches this show. (Yana, I know you do!!)

I've sat and watched a marathon today to catch up on the season. I dont know what it is about the show. But I do like it.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadlies...liestcatch.html

MAVERICK and NORTHWESTERN are the crews I like the best. Sig from the NW cracks me up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P i watch this too. usually its on a marathon day. i dont know why i am so interested in it... but it does keep my attention. my husband loves it too. all i can think is that i would never be able to be on those decks in that kind of weather. brrrrrrrrrrr

I always seem to miss it on Tuesdays and have to watch the marathons. I can't even remember what's on Tuesday that makes me miss it. :rolleyes: I think it's House.... anyway, hope all boats are safe this season. I know the Maverick have a flu epidemic. I couldn't work in that kind of environment. I like the cold, but not that cold.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I love Phil... I love the love he has for his son's... That being said, I agree about his smoking, and this is from a former smoker... I like Phil and his crew best, then it's the Hilsrand's... Johnathan looks a lot like my oldest brother...

Wow how did I miss this one?

Usually I find myself rooting for the Time Bandit. Good ole Hilstrands. Yeah what a messy season for Phil and that lung problem. Sig is funny. Did you all se that he had to bite the head this year? He did a fine job I think. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tricks they play on each other

-Kyo

I did see him bite off the head of the herring. SO gross, but I love that he gets down there with his crew and does that sort of thing. I think they forgot it right off last year and they had some bad luck so he was gonna make sure it happened. I too love the Hillstrands - they are always pulling something and often there are fireworks involved. Loved how Jonathon dumped a whole box in the fire barrel last week.

Good episode. Bummer about the poor guy they fished out of the water. And that old turd on the Time Bandit needs to shut up and get to work. I hope he talks himself right out of a job. Fortner is a hard worker, and the older guy (forgot his name already) is a lazy turd. Phil shown smoking again - CUT IT OUT Phil! I feel bad for the sub skipper (having issues with names tonight) - he was so NOT on the crab. Keith was lucky he wasn't hurt worse.

Yeah, I was really worried about Keith when they pulled him out of the water, I thought he might have had a serious head injury. That wasn't a smart move diving down there like that. I can understand his reasoning for doing so though. I sure hope he hits the crab soon.

I also thought it was wrong of his wife to tell him that right before they start crabbing. "Oh by the way, we're broke." Way to increase his stress level. DOH!

I think Sig and the Northwestern team take very risky and unnecessary chances. I wouldn't want to work for him, He is a slave driver.

I just want to shake the crap out of Phil! WTF is he doing continuing to smoke?!?!!! Dude, you've had to give up doing what you love because of health problems, And those health problems were caused by smoking! SO QUIT!!! :shakes him like a British nanny:

He seriously needs an intervention. And all his crew ought to give it up too, especially his sons!

Have the ship thoroughly cleaned and make it totally a non smoking ship. If no one around him is smoking maybe he'd be able to quit too.

• 9 months later...

Courtesy of: TMZ

'Deadliest Catch' Guy Suffers Stroke

Posted Jan 30th 2010 9:40AM by TMZ Staff

Phil Harris -- captain of the Cornelia Marie on "Deadliest Catch" -- suffered a stroke and is currently hospitalized, a Discovery rep tells us.

A spokesman for the show tells TMZ, "Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. He has been transported to a medical facility and is receiving the best care possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and we will make more information available as we know it."

Phil has been captain of the Cornelia Marie for 18 years, according to the Discovery website, where his two sons serve as deckhands.

'Deadliest Catch' Capt. Undergoes 12 Hr. Surgery

Posted Feb 1st 2010 3:10PM by TMZ Staff

Phil Harris -- the captain of the F/V Cornelia Marie on "Deadliest Catch" -- underwent a 12-hour emergency surgery last night ... and was put in a medically induced coma.

Harris suffered a stroke on Friday and was rushed to the hospital. According to a source close to the family, doctors put Harris in a coma to reduce brain swelling after the surgery.

We're told his sons Jake and Josh -- who are both deckhands on the F/V Cornelia Marie -- plan to speak with doctors today. The F/V Cornelia Marie is currently back out at sea -- minus Harris and his two sons.

Harris was off-loading his boat when the stroke hit and he was immediately airlifted to an Anchorage hospital -- where a Discovery rep says Harris "is resting comfortably and is in the care of excellent doctors and nurses."

'Deadliest Catch' Captain Out of Coma

Posted Feb 3rd 2010 12:45AM by TMZ Staff

Captain Phil Harris from "Deadliest Catch" woke up from a medically induced coma Tuesday, according to his sons -- and immediately started barking commands from his Anchorage hospital bed.

Jake and Josh Harris tell TMZ their dad "showed some good signs of improvement" today, including squeezing their hands.

Harris' sons -- who both work with him aboard the F/V Cornelia Marie -- say they are "encouraged but still very cautious" as Captain Phil recovers from the stroke he suffered on Friday.

One really good sign -- his sons tell us that shortly after waking up, Harris told his doctors and nurses: "Don't f**k up."

Aye, aye Captain.

Phil is one of my faveorites... I think he's tough, but fair, and just what you would expect of a tough sea worthy Capitain... I sure hope he gets well soon... Maybe it's time to hand the reigns over to Murray though...

I've talked to Murray and I think if Phil asked, he would take over... There really isn't anyone else with the experience from the Cornelia Marie's fleet and I don't think Phil would trust anyone else with that boat... The boys don't know enough to take over...

Apparently someone else is taking the helm for now: An old family friend of the F/V Cornelia Marie, Derrick Ray flew to St. Paul to take on the role of relief skipper for the rest of the Opilio season.

Here's the latest on Phil:

Capt. Phil makes progress toward recovery

Capt. Phil was talking to friends and family today; showing his greatest progress since he suffered a massive stroke one week ago. It