Does Your Vote Really Count?

uvp

do you think your vote really counts  

29 members have voted

1. 1. do you think your vote really counts

• yes
    • no
    • why they lie to us

cause serious if you do you :lol: . the text voting is just a way to line the producers pockets. no wonder when you call on the phone you cant get through. every three contestant getting 33% prove the scam by idol producers. i thought taylor was the leading vote getting by all the fan sites.

rip mandida, chris because obviously your fans votes didnt count

is american idol florida 2000 hanging chads

recount :lol:

Absolutely! My vote has to count somewhere... cause it sure doesn't mean squat (voting in Texas) during the Pres. elections.

In fact, I think Kat owes me a 1/2 percent of her income for the next few years for all the re-dialing I did Tuesday night. :):):) (I've only voted 4 night's this season and this was one of them, 3 out of 4 put "my" person through... so, yea I do think my votes count.)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa , oh my hell CeCi loved the TX voting remark so true, so very true......but your next remark is what makes me dislike Idol so much THE REDIALING...in my opinion until their is a 1 vote per household rule put into place then A.I. will always be accused of rigging and false outcomes...hey if ya want to call someone 100 times try your Congressman or Senator...*wink*

I agree QW it should be one vote per household, then it would really be fair. This is my first season watching every episode and I know I wont watch again, because it is so obvious that it is rigged!

I dont' think my vote counts, cause I am Canadian and I can't vote. But I don't thin it would matter anyways. Somewhere along the way, someone that doesn't deserve to go home, gets sent home packin.

I stopped watching and voting when the really talented people left. My one little puny vote means squat with American Idol and thats ok because its only a TV show. I read the boards to see who the producers let advance.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa , oh my hell CeCi loved the TX voting remark so true, so very true......but your next remark is what makes me dislike Idol so much THE REDIALING...in my opinion until their is a 1 vote per household rule put into place then A.I. will always be accused of rigging and false outcomes...hey if ya want to call someone 100 times try your Congressman or Senator...*wink*

When you're right your right QW. I wish that AI would make it a one vote per phone number system. I think it would be more accuarate and reflective of what America wants.

And... my Congressman/Senator are on speed dial... unfortunately they've put me on caller id and they "screen my arse"... LOL j/k

Seriously though I have marched in a few parades since I've lived here but, I'm always worried that the mayor/governor/senator... more likely one of the nut jobs that opposes my beliefs... is going to go "postal" on my/our butts! Texas is a scarey place when you don't agree with the majority of the gun toting, cook-aid drinking, racist that live here. But, that's my opinion.

Anyways... back to AI. I'm not going to vote next week. I don't think it much matters cause Taylor is going to win. Which is what I want... but, if Kat wins... I won't be disappointed either.

i quit watching the show after chris left....yes, i'm a big baby, i know....but i voted for him (many times QW, but oh well) and it didn't matter. it never matters. its all about who they think they can market or get the sympathy for. they aren't worried about chris because he'll make it on his own. they weren't worried about mandiva because she already was a backup singer. they were concerned about ellirot, but realized that they COULDN'T market him! and now we're left with a spoiled chick (gorgeous, but soooo spoiled) and a gray haired 29 year old! (how many of us REALLY believe he's under 35??) i agree with QW that the voting needs to change....but it still won't matter. why would the producers of AMERICAN idol actually listen to AMERICANS? GUH!

I don't know if the voting is rigged so much as not counting at all or judges swaying the vote. Tonight, whoever picked that song for Kat was clearly trying to make her fall and they did.

Oh get ready people. . . the McPhans are tuning up their conspiracy theories.

Oh get ready people. . . the McPhans are tuning up their conspiracy theories.

Please...if anyone should be complaining it should be everyone else. The boring didn't not deserve to be in the final two. It will be nice to watch her fade into nothingness.

I think the Phone voting is pointless.. espcially at the end of the season..

there is a Physical Max number of Phone calls they are capable of processing per hour..

Everyone calls for their favorite over and over and over... Logging the Max number votes possible per hour = Dead tie = 33% of teh vote straight thru..

Small amount of text messages recived = Tie breaker and cash for the show.

Reason for the phone voting is so that the average american feels involved but its really meaningless.

Only way the phone voting could be accurate is if it was 1 vote per number and polls were open long enough to not get busy signals every time as we overload the system.

• 8 months later...

I would have answered yes to this question until last year. The week Chris left I called to vote for him and 3 times got "Thank you for voting for me Kathrine McFee" I WAS dialing the right number. I don't believe my vote counts any more, but I am still a fan of the show. It's fun to watch.