Rock Star: Supernova

TV_Paige

Ok, I loved last years Rock Star. It was a show I tuned into thinking it would suck. I was pleasantly surprised.

I have been so looking forward to this season. So, of course .. IMHO... It sucks. There I said it....

...boo and hiss me all you want. It just does not have the same vibe as last year.

I admit, I was so hoping it would be VanHalen doing it this year, but when realized it wasn't, I was still hopeful. I love Guns and Roses, really liked Motley Crue. I respect Metallica

I do not like the fact its a " new" group. I predict.. maybe.. the band SuperNova will have a one hit wonder.. just because of the show.. and honestly I don't even think that will happen. Egos will get in the way( Mainly Tommy Lee's ) and the band will diss-band. Already the show is more about the three " STARS"

Also.. one thing I really liked about last year, for once , the contestants didn't turn on each other.. was a nice switch in a reality based Tv program.

This year , it seems they are being pitted against each other. Just to stir up sh$t

And.. is it just me ..or does it seem like even Dave Navarro isn't even into it as much this year?

Like he is being scripted?

It is just to wishy-washy for me this year. Band tells singer " be your-self.." the next week they are being criticized for not being more like the singer they are duplicating??Wtf??

As for who is being eliminated each week.. so much B.S. being flung around.I hate the fact some are being kept, knowing they suck, just for the drama aspect of the show. I am not blaming the contestants for this season sucking . I blame the producers for messing up a good thing , and I blame Supernova. I wish that last years contestants would of been on this one . You know Jordie would of set the sh$t straight...and told Tommy off by now!

Also , I think if it would of been Vince Neil, instead of Tommy Lee , it might of actually worked. so of course we will all see a new VH1 show about Tommy whining and moaning about why it didnt work out..

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your not going to get any booing and hissing from me surfgirl! :D In general, I agree with everything you said. I would stress/add that this being a "new" band is the basis for this years meltdown. That was the magic of last year... there was a specific band and as viewers we new exactly what we wanted to see front that band... Supernova confuses the hell outta me, probably cause they aren't sure what they want either.

I noticed the first couple weeks they mentioned over and over again to the contestants... "I like this or that but, I'm not sure about the vocals... you gotta show us you can really sing." I thought, Toby has this gig for sure... then this week they tell Toby he isn't "ugly" enough in his performance, they want someone that will dive into a crowd. I'm sorry but, usually the performers like Dilana who have the attitude and stage performance that they are looking for... "A True Rocker"... don't have that pitch perfect vocals.

What the heck you guys (supernova... stupid name by the way) want... figure it out, please! :angry:

Ditto...no booing and hising from me, Surf.

Why can't Ted Nugent roll-up onto the set and get things straight. :)

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Rock Star Supernova Results

Maybe Dave isn't "into it as much this year", because he just broke up with his wife? Call it amicable all you want, but when you love someone enough to marry them, only for you to end up a part, it's bound to effect you.

That being said, I agree that this year just isn't as great as the first year. I also agree that it's because it's a new band, and Tommy Lee is just nauseating. How many " I wanna (do you)" or "I'd like to see you in less clothing" comments can really be tolerated. Are they looking for a lead singer, or a chick who'll be on tour with them the whole time that they can just bang at their leisure? I'm sure they have enough of those to begin with...sadly.

Funny thing is ,I dont even think it's a original name.. I swear there was a group in the 80's called Supernova. But then again.. alot of the late 80's are still a blurr..( thank god..LOL)

LMAO at Ted Nugent rolling on to the set.. can't you just picture Tommy Lee's face, 'specially if Ted brought out the cross bow!

When I thought about Dave not being into this season as much, it was before I heard about the breakup. How sad that is.. marraige is falling apart and your job sucks. Seriously , I watched there Reality show on VH1 and thought they were a cute couple and seemed to really care for each other. It is sad it didnt last.

A lot of good the flirting is going to do the girls.. In the promos for the show, If I am recalling it correctly.. Tommy was going on and on how a girl would never front HIS band.

Funny thing is ,I dont even think it's a original name.. I swear there was a group in the 80's called Supernova. But then again.. alot of the late 80's are still a blurr..( thank god..LOL)

Supernova Sue 'Rock Star: Supernova' Producers, Bandmembers

Punks file trademark infringement suit; evidence suggests producers were warned name was taken.

07.11.2006 4:40 PM EDT

See bottom of Post #30 for full details

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

July 24, 2006: Songwriting Clinic

I can't wait for Monday to roll around. Most people want the weekend to be longer, don't want to start their work week, etc. Not me. I look forward to Monday morning when I can get up and watch the next reality episode of Rock Star: Supernova. Since it's on three days a week, I blog a lot about this show

I was pleasantly surprised with Jill last night. I thought the griding thing was a bit much, but I thought the "super stars" underlined their contradictory criticism. On one hand they say someone isn't "rock enough" (whatever that means), but then they turn around and say it's forced or too heavy. Someone needs to be sexy, but then "sex is soooo expected, nowadays" complaint.

Which is it? Or have they even decided...

Dilana kicks ass.. but Storm ruled that place last night! Awesome performance by her..

Jill, I was even uncomfortable w/ her grinding..mostly because you could tell Gilby was..it just didn't look natural.

Ryan really stepped it up last night, he did a great job.

Zayra still sucks.

I think this weeks bottom three will be Zayra, Josh & either Patrice or Phil.

by David Steed

July 25, 2006: The Zayra-Monster Strikes Again

So last Thursday morning my fianc

Alright, I want you people to FESS UP!! WHO IS VOTING FOR JOSH?????????????????

I can NOT believe that Josh wasn't in the final three AND that Phil was sent home before Zayra! Are you kidding me? She did do an awesome job on that song last night, but is it enough that she only kicks in when her life is on the line? Unbelievable. How Josh escaped it this week is beeeeeeeyond me.

Although I'm in no way shape or form a Phil fan, but I was hoping for a double-decker ousting. How is Zayra still there?? She is HORRIBLE!!!

by David Steed

July 26, 2006: Ann Wilson Never Humped Me Either

There are 1,000 things going through my mind right now. After the three performances, I circled Zayra to go and then started to formulate my first paragraph for this. All I kept thinking about was how great this show was

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, or if this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but has anyone seen how the band does the 'rock, paper, scissors' thing when deciding who is leaving? They had to have done that again this week, because clearly Zayra has no talent.

I predict the final three will be Dilana, Lucas, and Storm.

Look I knew as soon as Phil hit the bottom three that he was going home and the reason is because he has no Boobs. Lets face it folks the only reason Zayra is still around is because she got some boobs. Cause you know they aint keeping her around because she can sing.

I agree with half your comment. I agree that the only reason they voted out Phil is because they're hot on Zayra. That being said, I do think the girl can sing. She reminds me of Celine Dion meets the chick from The Cranberries. I think she'd be great on her own, but I can't see her being the lead singer for this particular band.

I agree CM. All Ryan has to do is sing songs where he sits down and just sings. He is definitely getting the encore tonight. My final three are Dilania, Storm, and Lukas. Unless Lukas gets into the bottom three and SuperNova decides to keep Zayra again. :blink: Please don't let that happen. The bottom three tonight will be Zayra, Jill, & Toby.

I know I've asked this before, but. . . um. . . could you people please, please, please stop voting for Lukas? The voice is weak as shit, I can't understand a word he says and the eyebrows are way too distracting.

Ryan and Storm should do a double encore tonight. I can't decide who was better.

hey jersy I don't vote for lukas. I just don't think anyone can hang til the final three. Ryan rocked but I don't think he can replicate that again week after week. Dana is going to burn out like Jordis. :( Toby might pull it off he just needs to stay away from the ballads. Patrice's days are numbered after fighting with Dave. Jill's days are numbered after her beef with Gilby. Zayra's days are numbered because I am going to fly to LA and put something in the guys drink then vote her off myself :D Magni could do it if he stays focused after his family flies back to Iceland (they will be a distraction for him next week). Did I miss anybody?

Archived