Rock Star: Supernova

TV_Paige

I got the feeling the reaosn Lukas (my fav) didn't respond to Matt's question was because he didn't want to say, "I think You will be going home." Was it me or did anyone else want two people to go last night. Either the TV sound feeds were bad or the band was hearing different voices than I was. i thought all three, expecially the Chem major drop-out, sounded hideous. But they kept saying they all sounded good.

I was also kind of surprised that they got to pick their exit songs. It is way more kareoke this year. I was also wondering why they picked the songs that they picked? You are singing for former member of 80's heavy metal/ rock-n-rollers...why in the world are you singing ColdPlay and the Police. Where was the Ratt? Where was the Quiet Riot? Don't sing grunge...grunge is the reason the three band menbers don't have jobs. Grunge killed hair metal.... :angry:

Please tell me the selections are going to get better.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally figured out who they all are! :D

My fav's:

Dilana

Lukas

Josh

Jill

Toby

Storm

Courtesy of: FOXREALITY

RockStar Supernova Episode Two Recap

July 7, 2006

by Terri Giosia

Greetings Rock fans! The night kicked off in 2 words: DOWN AND DIRTY! Who

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

July 11, 2006: Mommy, Play Mr. Brownstone Again!

Tonight's episode was awesome. It had everything I'm looking for all wrapped up in a black bow. Plenty of lame things to make fun of, brutally honest moments that get better and better each week, and plenty of memorable performances. Any doubts in my mind about how good or bad this show is have been erased.

I gotta tell you, from the very start of the show when Gilby Clarke apologized for being so harsh and told the rockers not to take it personally, I was dreading what was coming. One of the best things about the first show was the simple honesty of the band, and that comment just made me cringe. These contestants need to suck it up, not be consoled. My lord, was I in for a wake-up call when the roof got blown off this mutha.

Let's talk about the best and the worst for Week 2.

Best:

For the second week in a row, Dilana killed it. She just flat out took the classic "Ring of Fire" and reworked it into something magical. Johnny Cash would have loved her version. I am officially on the Dilana bandwagon now.

Now for Storm, it wasn't the song that got me but rather her overall performance. She's the only contestant other than Lukas who looks like she wants to be on that stage. She rocks, she stomps, and the biggest thing you have to notice is simply the energy she brings to the stage. It's a completely different vibe when you see someone that truly commands that stage. Her rendition of Cheap Trick's "Surrender" wasn't that great, but it's the stage presence that's going to get her through this.

Coldplay's "Don't Panic" was an interesting choice for Lukas to sing, but it worked well. Jason did point out that he's not enunciating very well, but he's still got a great voice and showed that he can rock the ballad as well.

The last one out of the fourteen to be in the "best" category for me is Zayra. No, no, no

Could we please try to get Lucas off this show? I couldn't understand one word he sang. He's a poser. I bet when the show is over, he goes back to living with his parents where the only time he dares to wear makeup is when his Dad's not home.

Amen to that!! That guy is like JD on LSD. I cannot understand him when he sings, sounds like he has excrement in his mouth. And that attitude....BAH!

I absolutely LOVE Dilana!! Something about her fits this band, whatever they are planning for it. It would be nice to see the rockers sing something from each individual 'rockstar', ie: stuff from Motley Crue, Metallica, GnR, Jane's Addiction, etc. I don't care to hear the same songs from last season.

Toby is a contender here too. I like his voice, as well as Patrice. The rest are a joke. Zayra needs to go home, and if not, she makes for comic relief.

Toby got my attention last night. Honestly, I can't even remember him from last week. Dilana definitely has the most potential, but I thought the same about Jordis last season. She ended up self-destructing. Dilana just has to be careful about her song choices and the risks she takes. If she can do that, she's got the gig.

Lucas actually lived on the street before making it to the show. He couldn't even afford to try out for it, so some chick who "discovered" him paid the fee. After last night, I'm trading Josh for Lucas to be in my top 3. Storm's pretty wicked too. Dilana though... kicks @ss!

TLee's penis got in the way of his brains tonight. Chris had the best attitude of all the performers, and the thought he put into his redemption effort should have been enough to put him over the edge. Zayra singing the same song showed her bad attitude and should have sealed her fate.

Wrong person went home tonight, imo. Not that Chris would have made it but, he had a better shot than Zayra. :rolleyes:

I thought Chris did alright, but he was a bottom feeder twice, now. He's no Susie, so I wasn't surprised he was let go. But I was really expecting them to do a double elim last night. Zayra was aweful and will probably exit next week.

by David Steed

July 12, 2006: Punk'd?

I'm sitting in my computer room right now expecting Ashton Kutcher to bust in at any moment and tell me I've been punk'd. Hell, all of us have been punk'd. What in the world did we just watch?

Toby got the encore tonight, which is great for him. The majority of people think he deserved it and he may very well have. But I don't want to waste any more time blogging about the good when it's so much more fun to talk about the ginormous brown stain on the panties of the world that this episode became. I'm expecting bad

On a personal note, perhaps Dave can hook-up with one of the contestants on this season! Sad but not unexpected news from the celebrity glam couple. Details below:

ap_100.jpg

Separation News

'Separate Stars' Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro

carmen_dave_002.jpg

Dave Navarro and Carmen Electra

LOS ANGELES, California

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Brooke Burke: Rockin' Gal, Rockin' Q&A

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060718insider1.jpg

Rock Star: Supernova host Brooke Burke

The competition is heating up on CBS' Rock Star: Supernova (Tuesdays at 9/Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET), and it's in large part due to the Dionysian dames vying for dibs on joining the new group founded by Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted and Gilby Clarke. Might a gal actually grab the Season 2 prize? Catching up with cohost Brooke Burke at a mock protest rally on behalf of NoScruf.org (a Gillette promotional event), TVGuide.com asked the brunette beauty about the lady Rockers' chances, her own Wild partying days and what it's like to be dressed by a paintbrush.

TVGuide.com: As you can see, I purposely shaved this morning in preparation for interviewing you.

Brooke Burke: I'm glad, or I wouldn't talk to you! [Laughs] Thank you!

TVGuide.com: Let's start off with your telling me the pros and cons of male scruffiness.

Burke: It's definitely sexy, and women love how it looks, but quite honestly when the lights are out it doesn't feel good. Personally, I've experienced the whole skin rash thing. And there's a double standard

by David Steed

July 18, 2006: G-O-O-G-L-E

Yep, Google is six letters all right, and just like Storm recommended, I searched for her name and found out she was in a group called The Balls and then found

by David Steed

July 19, 2006: Life's Important Lessons Learned

Even after just three weeks, I've learned two very important lessons from Rock Star: Supernova.

The first lesson is: What you think will happen, will inevitably not happen.

In Week 1, Chris didn't go home, and in Week 2 Zayra made it through. Let's apply my first lesson learned to this week's elimination show.

1. Dilana gave Gilby chills on Tuesday, so she's clearly the best of the week. Magni might have passed Gilby a chilled beer during a break. So naturally Dilana doesn't get the encore. No slight against Magni here as I think his encore was better than the performance from the night before

Not to worry, crackers. . . Dana will be gone soon. Personally I haven't agreed with any of choices Supernova made so far. Chris should have gone week 1 because he definitely was worse than Matt. Week 2, when they finally did get rid of Chris, it actually should have been Zayra or Jill. They were way worse that week. And though I agree that Jenny did have to go, Dana should have gone first.

But my biggest problem with this show is why the judges are so ga-ga over Lucas? This is the one contestant, over all others, that I want gone. I can't stand his whole "brooding rockstar" act. If there is a "Rock Star For Dummies", I would imagine chapter one is " . . . act serious and dark at all times. Never smile".

Plus who can get past his cartoon eyebrows? He looks like someone drew him with a crayon.

I guess to each his own because I love Lukas and can definitely see him fronting this band. Doesn't seem like a poser at all... I think that's him authentically. Dilana, Toby, Lukas are my top three but, I also like Josh, Storm and Jill.

Dilana owns the stage and has the rocker attitude but, her vocals aren't as strong as some the others. (I'm hoping she proves me wrong and we just haven't heard her sing a song that shows it off yet.)

Toby has the best vocals and has an original sound... he also seems to be comfortable on stage but, is he hard/edgy enough for Supernova?

Lukas has everything Toby doesn't but, again... can he sing? There are moments that I'm not sure.

Josh is mesmerizing on TV, has the look to take this gig and he's got a great voice but, he needs more stage experience and harder edge.

Storm unfortunetly has Dilana in this comp. with her... and she fails in comparison to the "real" thing but, there is still something about her that I like and I hope she can establish herself in her own right.

Jill I loved week one and then hated week 2. She's on my radar but, she's going to have to do a lot to make up for that hideous choice and performance.

I'm not sure why half of these people are still on the show. But what really has my goat is that they have not aired the first sound bite of the new band. Is it going to sound like a blender mix of Guns & Roses, Metallica and Motly Crue or something totally different?

Why do the contestants have such crappy song choices, but then get poo-poo'ed for having a "bad song choice"? I just don't get it.

And God, can Tommy Lee twitch any more? Watching him reminds me of the Wang Chung video...

Archived