Rock Star: Supernova

TV_Paige

I was absolutely shocked that they picked Lukas. I really like his sound but with them? :blink: To me it doesn't fit. Maybe they'll change up some of their sound to match him more?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Rock Star: Supernova

by David Steed

September 13, 2006: And the Winner Is?

The new singer of "this band" is

I just recieved the CD single "Ladylike" by Storm, it is AMAZING! :D

I'm never happy about who the winner is in these types of shows, but I love learning about all these great-but-unknown muscians out there. I'm going to wind up buying CD's for most of the top 6-8 people, but not one from SuperNova*, how ironic! :P

*or whatever freakin' name they wind up using

I thought for sure they would pick dilana would win the gig. She always outsung outplayed evreyone. Sadly I think they never had any intention of picking a women. I thought it would of been fun though to see a girl lead the group. I wonder what the new name will be. What do you guys think was her downfall?

It's taking out the :

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Rock Star' Band Sort of Changes Its Name

Supernova will now be called Rock Star Supernova

September 19, 2006

24876659.jpg

Gilby Clarke, Tommy Lee and Jason Newsted of 'Rock Star: Supernova'

The band formerly known as Supernova -- the one from the TV show, not the one that blocked the TV band's use of the name -- has found a new moniker.

Kind of.

The crew from "Rock Star: Supernova" -- Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, Gilby Clarke and newly anointed singer Lukas Rossi -- are abiding by a federal judge's order that they can't perform or record under the name Supernova. Another band with that name successfully argued that Lee et al, who had a full summer of shows on CBS to promote themselves, would damage their ability to compete in the marketplace and won an injunction last week.

Instead, according to several news accounts, the band will now call itself Rock Star Supernova. See the difference there?

Some reports have the band retaining the colon from the title of the TV show, others do not. Without the punctuation, one could interpret the band's name as meaning there's so much star power in the group, it burns with the brightness of a massive galactic event.

Either way, Rock Star Supernova has released two of its songs with Rossi to Yahoo Music and is scheduled to record an album later this year and go on tour at the end of December.

Archived