Gwyneth Paltrow

Jem

Gwyneth Paltrow's Model Plan

By Sarah Hall

052405_paltrow.jpg

This photo supplied by Estee Lauder shows Gwyneth

Paltrow during an advertising campaign photo shoot

earlier in May in Los Angeles.

Gwyneth Paltrow is well on her way to becoming a model parent. The Oscar-winning actress has signed a multiyear contract as the face of Est

• 3 weeks later...

I think she's a great actress and I'm happy that she's found someone she loves ..

But baby apple? Who names their kid Apple?

That's just kinda .. weird.

Sorry. :)

• 9 months later...

Reuters100x26.jpg

Baby News

Paltrow and Martin's Little 'Prince'

martin_paltrow.jpg

Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow

NEW YORK CITY, New York - Gwyneth Paltrow has borne another fruit of her labor. The Oscar-winning actress gave birth this weekend to her second child with rock star husband Chris Martin. The actress and her rocker hubby welcomed a baby boy on Sunday, April 9, at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City, according to Paltrow's representative.

Rather than drawing inspiration from the produce section, the couple apparently turned to the Bible while choosing their son's name. Moving on from the Garden of Eden to the Promised Land, the creative couple dubbed him Moses Martin, after the song, "Moses" that Chris wrote for his bride in 2003, reported People magazine.

Paltrow, 33, and Martin, 29, whose band Coldplay recorded a song called "Moses," have a daughter, named Apple Blythe Alison Martin, who turns two next month. Her first name drew considerable attention when she was born, and Paltrow has said the idea for "Apple" came from her husband.

Speculation is widespread on Moses' middle name but odds are on Bruce Anthony after Gwyneth and Chris' fathers. It seems logical since big sister, Apple's middle names are Blythe and Alison after their mothers.

applemartin.jpg

In protective ear wear, Apple Martin listens to daddy's

band, Coldplay, in the arms of her mother, Gwyneth

Paltrow at the Live 8 concert in London

"It conjured such a lovely picture for me -- you know, apples are so sweet, and they're wholesome and it's biblical -- and I just thought it sounded so lovely," Paltrow said in 2004 on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." Paltrow's mother, actress Blythe Danner, told People magazine in January, "We love unusual names in the family."

Paltrow confirmed in January that she was expecting again when actor Lou Diamond Philips introduced her to the audience of a screening of her film "Proof" as "a pregnant woman," then asked her, "How far along are you?" The actress replied: "Far enough along to feel very cumbersome."

In December, Paltrow's mother, Blythe Danner, had indicated that she was expecting another grandchild in the spring. "I hope there'll be more fruits and vegetables coming along, since we're all pretty much vegetarians," she said.

Paltrow, who won an Academy Award as best actress for her role in the 1998 film "Shakespeare in Love," married Martin, Coldplay's lead singer, in a secret ceremony in Southern California in December 2003.

• 8 months later...

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name