Biggest Loser 3

Dade

Courtesy of: NBC UNIVERSAL MEDIA VILLAGE

NBC, RODALE AND REVEILLE ANNOUNCE 'THE BIGGEST LOSER' CLUB ONLINE SUMMER CHALLENGE

Published: May 2, 2006

logo.jpg

Grand-Prize Winner to Receive $20,000, Plus Be Featured on Season 3 of NBC's Hit Reality Show

-- 30 Runner-Up Prizes Also to be Awarded --

-- Go to www.biggestloserclub.com for More Details and to Enter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy of: NBC UNIVERSAL MEDIA VILLAGE

NBC NAMES NEW RED TEAM TRAINER KIM LYONS TO WEIGH-IN ON HIT REALITY SHOW 'THE BIGGEST LOSER'

Veteran Fitness Competitor Joins Blue Team Trainer Bob Harper

Published: May 11, 2006

logo.jpg

BURBANK, Calif. -- May 11, 2006 -- Fitness competitor, trainer and nutritionist Kim Lyons joins NBC's hit reality show "The Biggest Loser" as the Red Team trainer in the weight-loss series that has started filming its third season.

"We are thrilled to have Kim join 'The Biggest Loser' team. We believe that her expertise in fitness and nutrition is synonymous with what 'The Biggest Loser' is all about." said Ben Silverman, executive producer and Reveille CEO.

Lyons has been an expert in the fitness industry for a little over a decade. She graduated from Colorado State University with a degree in human development and nutrition in 1995. Following graduation, Lyons took a more serious approach to weight training by teaching aerobic classes and getting certifications with the National Academy of Sports Medicine for personal training and nutrition.

In 2000, Lyons segued into fitness competitions and won numerous contests nationally and internationally. Her mission has always been to excel in motivating others to achieve their goals in the fitness arena. Armed with her positive attitude, Lyons strives to find a way to make fitness fun and achievable for her clients. In addition, she has also become one of the fitness industry's most photographed models, appearing on more than 30 covers worldwide.

The first reality series in which everybody "loses," "The Biggest Loser" challenges and encourages overweight participants to undergo radical physical makeovers, without any kind of surgery, in a safe and recommended manner through comprehensive diet and exercise as they complete for a grand prize of $250,000. The series has become a worldwide hit airing in over 35 territories and 15 countries. It has also produced a New York Times best-selling book and a burgeoning online lifestyle club www.biggestloserclub.com .

"The Biggest Loser" is a production of Reveille LLC, 25/7 Productions, 3 Ball Productions and NBC Universal Television Studio. Ben Silverman (NBC's "The Office," "Nashville Star"), Dave Broome ("Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope," "Radio Music Awards"), JD Roth ("Unanimous," "Beauty and the Geek") and Todd A. Nelson ("Unanimous," "Beauty and the Geek") are the executive producers. Mark Koops ("Blow Out," "The Restaurant") serves as co-executive producer.

(First time I have heard that Jillian wont be back. Did anyone else know she wasn't come back?)

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: REALIYTBLURRED

The Biggest Loser Season 4 in Now Casting

June 23, 2006

The Biggest Loser is back! Do you have what it takes to be the next Biggest Loser? We are now casting season four. If you are finally ready to shed the pounds o

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: BOSTON.COM, NEWS

Dozens hoping to win spot on NBC's `Biggest Loser'

By Tracy Jan, Globe Staff | July 2, 2006

They want to feel attractive and go on dates. They want to regain self-esteem and live longer. They want to drop, in some cases, more than 200 pounds. And they are willing to do it in front of millions of viewers.

Yesterday, more than 80 people gave up hours of their weekend to stand in line at The Rack in Boston's Faneuil Hall for a shot on NBC's ``The Biggest Loser." The reality television series gives 14 extremely overweight participants the chance to overhaul their diets and exercise habits to shed pounds during a 10-week boot camp at a Los Angeles-area ranch. The prize: $250,000 to the person who loses the greatest percentage of his or her body weight.

``It gets you really motivated," said Pascale Martineau , 33, who hopes to lose at least 100 pounds. ``You see someone who's 400 pounds running 5 miles, and you think anything's possible."

Laylonda Moss , 22, told casting directors yesterday that she is tired of her older brother yelling out ``Big Fillet" when he is trying to get her attention in public. Moss recently began taking pills for high blood pressure and realized she needed to change her lifestyle.

``I need to regain my health, lose the nicknames, and lose the weight," Moss said. ``I'm too young for hypertension."

For Matthew Sullivan , 23, the show is his last attempt to lose weight before considering gastric bypass surgery. He auditioned once before, in January, for the show's third season.

At 6-foot-3 and 460 pounds, he wants to become thinner so he has the energy to play with his 3-year-old.

``I can't run around with my daughter much," Sullivan said. ``I get tired and out of breath chasing her. I want to see her graduate and get married. I don't want to croak on my deathbed when I'm 26."

Mike LaPlante , 24, said working the graveyard shift as a security guard at Raytheon has contributed to his weight gain in recent years. LaPlante, who now weighs more than 400 pounds, said he feels embarrassed when he cannot squeeze into restaurant booths and seats at Fenway.

LaPlante's mother begged him not to go on television because she was afraid he would make a fool of himself, he said.

``She probably looks at it like a freak show," LaPlante said. ``People look at you anyway and you hear snickers all the time. I've got nothing to lose."

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Biggest Loser drops Jillian and casts 50 people, one from each state

For the third season of The Biggest Loser, the show has lost trainer Jillian Michaels, but has picked up about 36 contestants.

Yes, The Biggest Loser 3 has 50 cast members, one from every state. That

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: THEFUTONCRITIC

NBC'S HIT SERIES 'THE BIGGEST LOSER' TO FEATURE COMPETITORS FROM ALL 50 STATES WHEN NEW SEASON PREMIERES WITH SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EPISODE WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20

Fourteen Contestants Will Stay at the Ranch While 36 Contestants Will Compete at Home After Going Through a Fitness and Nutrition Boot Camp

BURBANK, Calif. August 14, 2006 - Season three of NBC's hit reality show "The Biggest Loser" will feature 50 contestants representing every state in the country when the new season premieres with a special two-hour episode on Wednesday, September 20 (8-10 p.m. ET).

In addition, the season premiere will showcase a surprising twist. Thirty-six contestants will leave the ranch to compete at home after going through an initial fitness and nutrition boot camp, leaving 14 to continue on with the competition at the Biggest Loser Ranch. One man and one woman from the 36 state contestants who lose the largest percentage of weight will then rejoin the game at the ranch in a later episode. Each of the 36 contestants will have access to www.thebiggestloserclub.com, a 24-Hour Fitness gym, "The Biggest Loser:" The Workout DVD and book while making their lifestyle change at home. The show's medical team will also monitor the contestants on a regular basis.

"This season we decided to hold a 50 state competition because of 'The Biggest Loser' weight loss challenges starting up across the nation in schools, gyms, churches and workplaces. We are thrilled that our show has inspired the nation to make a lifestyle change." said executive producer Ben Silverman.

The 50 contestants representing each state are:

Melinda Suttle, 32, Huntsville, Alabama

Kai Hibbard, 27, Eagle River, Alaska

John Turner, 42, Phoenix, Arizona

Jaron Tate, 27, Hot Springs, Arkansas

Brian Starkey, 33, Valley Village, California

Stacie Farr, 33, Westminster, Colorado

Chris Smith, 29, Milford, Connecticut

Tim Clausen, 31, Lewes, Delaware

Mark "Wylie" Wylie, 40 Miami Beach Florida

Angie Moore, 33, McDonough, GA

Elisha Purdy, 35, Honolulu, Hawaii

Linda Houseman, 54, Boise, Idaho

Katherine Smith, 35, Chicago, Illinois

Pam Smith, 25, Martinsville, Indiana

Steve Pilchen, 52, Urbandale, Iowa

Alyssa Brockert, 26, Leavenworth, Kansas

Jamie Dean Lucas, 40, Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Sabrina O'Neal, 29, New Orleans, Louisiana

Matthew McNutt, 31, Boothbay, Maine

Amy Hildreth, 27, Baltimore, Maryland

Nelson "Nellie Potter, 35, Lawrence, Massachusetts

Kally Fox, 35, Dexter, Michigan

Jennifer Eisenbarth, 32, Shakopee Minnesota

John Weatherford, 24, Forest, Mississippi

Marty Wolff, 25, Kansas City, Missouri

Mark Monaco, 42, Missoula, Montana

Evelyn Garcia, 38, Omaha, Nebraska

Joscelyn Cook, 22, Las Vegas, Nevada

Walter "Wally" Bressler, 38, Bedford, New Hampshire

Poppi Kramer, 34, River Edge, New Jersey

Mitzi McCaleb, 35, Artesia, New Mexico

Erik Chopin, 36, West Islip, New York

Ken Canion, 41, Greensboro, North Carolina

Adrian Kortesmaki, 22, Grand Forks, North Dakota

Nikki Myers, 34, Columbus, Ohio

Jason Ramsey, 28, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Tim Thomas, 34, Terrebonne, Oregon

Valerie Robinson, 34, E. Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

Erin Jeffrey, 30, Charlestown, Rhode Island

Latorria Ladd, 22, Clemson, South Carolina

Dru Van Kley, 22, Vermillion, South Dakota

Bobby Moore, 31, Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Tiffany Hernandez, 27, Kingsville, Texas

Heather Hansen, 36, West Bountiful, Utah

Virginia "Ginnie" Bourque, 27, Lyndonville, Vermont

Jennifer Kerns, 32, Arlington, Virginia

Ken Coleman, 43, Tacoma, Washington

Christopher Blackburn, 24, Buckhannon, West Virginia

Kevin Theis, 32,Verona, Wisconsin

Sarah Mitchell, 26, Burlington, Wyoming

Viewers can get more information and follow the progress of the state contestants each week on NBC.com.

The first reality series in which everybody "loses," "The Biggest Loser," hosted by Caroline Rhea ("Sabrina the Teenage Witch"), challenges and encourages overweight participants to undergo physical makeovers, without any kind of surgery, in a safe and recommended manner through comprehensive diet and exercise as they compete for a grand prize of $250,000. The series has become a worldwide hit airing in over 65 territories and 20 countries. It has also produced a New York Times best-selling book and a burgeoning online lifestyle club www.thebiggestloserclub.com.

Bob Harper returns as the blue team trainer and new to the show this season is red team trainer Kim Lyons. With over a decade of experience in the fitness industry, Lyons brings her positive attitude and winning spirit to all of her clients. Since 2000, Lyons has participated in fitness competitions and won numerous contests nationally and internationally. In addition, she has also become one of the fitness industry's most photographed models, appearing on more than 30 covers worldwide.

"The Biggest Loser" is a production of Reveille LLC, 25/7 Productions and 3 Ball Productions. Ben Silverman (NBC's "The Office," "Ugly Betty"), Dave Broome ("Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope," "StarTomorrow"), JD Roth ("Unanimous," "Beauty and the Geek"), Todd A. Nelson ("Unanimous," "Beauty and the Geek") and Mark Koops ("Blow Out," "The Restaurant") are the executive producers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only about an hour till Biggest Loser!!!

I am excited to see how they pick the ones remaining at camp. This will be an exciting season.

Visit The Biggest Loser web site for updates on your and other states contestants. As well as the ranch contestants.

Check out the recipes, and see all the photos.

Stiles I get blown away by the amount of weight loss they have. I have to keep reminding myself that they are under constant doctor supervision while at the ranch. That one guy lost 23 lbs in one week. It took me 3 months to lose that much. (Take that Doc. Will...not all of us feed watchers got fat this summer. :P )

awwwwwww

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Biggest Loser' Sweethearts Tie the Knot

Couple wed in private ceremony on the beach

September 20 2006

25485483.jpg

Suzy Preston and Matt Hoover

"The Biggest Loser" winner Matt Hoover and second runner-up Suzy Preston may have lost 252 pounds combined, but they've gained a life partner.

The reality show sweethearts were married in a beach ceremony in Jamaica on Tuesday, Sept. 19, reports People.

Although the way they met and how they got engaged were both televised, the couple kept the wedding a private affair with only immediate family members in attendance.

Preston wore a Renee Strauss white beach wedding gown, while Hoover wore khaki linen pants and a white buttoned-up shirt. Both bride and groom were barefoot.

The couple plans to stay in Jamaica for their honeymoon.

Hoover and Preston, both 30, met on the second season of NBC's popular reality show that push overweight people to lose weight and gain self esteem. Behind the scenes, their secret romance blossomed during the eighth week of the show. After the finale, in which Preston was the second runner-up, they had their first date and have been inseparable since, even making an appearance together on NBC's campy soap opera "Passions."

In March, Preston accepted Hoover's live proposal on "The Today Show."

"I have gone through a lot of changes in the past year," he said at the time. "I want to keep changing, but I want you to be by my side."

Preston cites their shared experience as the key to their chemistry.

"I saw him at his worst, absolutely. And he saw me at my worst," she says. "We have a lot in common. Going through something like we went through is life-changing. We are not the same people we were before all this and we are both at a point in our lives where we know what it's like to be fat and miserable -

I felt bad for the first girl to be eliminated, Jen I think her name was. She got berated by that one girl, but justifiably so for not working as hard as the others to lose weight for the first weigh in. She couldn't even argue back b/c she knew she didn't put in the effort. I was happy to see though that she continued with her regimen and lost 66lbs total. She looked so good!

• 2 weeks later...

I like this show, although I havent seen last nights episode yet, I have it taped and will watch it tonight. I like watching people trying hard to reach a goal.

Im kinda split on the people though, not to many that I like, and I still havent picked a favorite!

Archived