My Daughter on Good Morning America!

salter-path

Hey ya'll, my oldest daughter Angie, will be on Good Morning America, I believe sometime next week. They are doing a segment on the peanut allergy studies at Duke of which my grandson Sam, is a part of. The show will film my daughter cooking an allergy free dinner on Thursday evening and then interview my daughter, son in law and grandson (I am sure my newest granddaughter will be in there too..my sweet Cate). Cooking for Sam is a very tedious ordeal because you don't just worry about peanuts. Everything the child eats has to be scrutinized for potential reactions.

The show's producers are in town covering the Duke Lacrosse scandle. Yes, I live in that town! I have never seen so many media trucks in my life! I wish they would get their facts together before they report. Durham has been portrayed as a poor black town fighting the hugh white elite university. Nothing can be further from the truth.

I will let you know when the segment will air on Good Morning America!

I doubt anyone cares about this other than me. But I think its kinda cool to be on national tv...especially when it is your grandson and daughter..and oh yeah, son in law :)

Originally Chris Cuomo was to do the segment and it was to be filmed tomorrow. But....the New Black Panthers arrived in town today and are marching and passing out flyers while organizing a rally on Duke campus Saturday. So....... no Chris because he is following the Panthers around town...(dang he is good looking too). But.....

A reporter named Heather (something) flew in from LA this morning and filmed the segment this afternoon. It was an interview with Angie, David, and Sam. Angie is all upset because they came in and rearranged her house, bringing a chair from the kitchen, a table and chair from the porch, and another table from outside for the seating. The purpose was to make everyone the same height. Whatever.. my daughter is a mini Miss Martha, and she didn't approve:-). Sam had to move his train to the living room so they could film him with David. When last I talked to Angie, she was still moving her furniture back where it was "SUSPOSED" to be:-)

There will be another child filmed in Charlotte tomorrow. The "target air date" is June 1. Thats a whole month away. The GMA producer told David this is very common place and it would be one of the longer segments on the show.

I think it will be a Dr. Tim segment and might be picked up by PrimeTime.

Hey Salter-Path....I'm sorry I didn't see this before now. I think its great that your daughter will be on National TV and Goodmorning America is one of my favorite morning shows. They always have the most informative topics. My great nephew has many allergies as well. Peanuts are his worst one. His throat swells up so tight that he has to be hospitalized. Its very scary. He's only 3. My nephews new girlfriend cooked some fish in peanut oil and my nephew didn't know. You guessed it...Had to rush Nicholas to the hospital because he loves fish and ate his fill. Poor little guy is such a trooper though. He takes it in stride while us adults are freaking out on the inside.

Let us know when they are supposed to air the segment with your daughter. I'd like to record it for future reference for my nephews girlfriend. lol

I can't blame your daughter for being mad at them moving all her furniture around. I wouldn't have liked that either. They could have at least moved it all back for her since they were the visitors.

Thanks for keeping us updated Salter! If you get a specific date of when to watch the segment let us know... I know I'll be watching. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Salter sent me a message.

The latest update on GMA is it will air on June 7th. It was bumped up due to Charlie Gibson leaving GMA <_<

So you'll have to tune back in on the 7th

• 2 weeks later...

Archived