Gilmore Girls

Trewa

I found this on The WB website

On Tuesday nights, GILMORE GIRLS will feature several surprising return visitors beginning November 8 when Rory's (Alexis Bledel) former boyfriend Jess Mariano (guest star Milo Ventimiglia) shows up to tell Rory about an impressive accomplishment that leads her to a revelation about her own situation. On November 15, the world that Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) have been building is turned upside down by the shocking appearance of a figure from Luke's past. Also in this episode, Lorelai and Rory move toward a long-overdue reconciliation. On November 22, Christopher (David Sutcliffe) makes a surprising appearance, Lorelai and Rory celebrate their first Thanksgiving at the Dragonfly Inn and Rory receives unexpected news about Logan (Matt Czuchry).

• 2 months later...

I bet the people getting married that aren't SH residents are Paris and Doyle (sp?)!! Think about how nuts that would be... I mean Rory and Logan are going to get back together and she will be forced to move out and Logan will come to her rescue and she will fall for him again. Well this is just my opinion but I think I am pretty close to it :)

Also Dade.... I haven't see BB Mountain yet... What do you mean some one has a lot in common with Michelle Williams

• 2 months later...

I don't know where else to comment on this show but in this thread.

I know I posted in a conversant thread last week but can no longer find it.

At any rate, my main comment is CANCEL THIS SHOW.

I once loved it but find myself watching now only to find fault with and reason to hate Lorelai and even Rory. Lorelai ruined a good show last night.

Courtesy of: USATODAY

'Gilmore Girls' will have to continue without the Palladinos

Updated 4/20/2006 9:55 PM ET

gilmore-girls.jpg

AP/The WB

Rory and Lorelai Gilmore (played by Alexis Bledel, left, and Lauren Graham) and their exploits will no longer be in the hands of producers Amy Sherman-Palladino and Dan Palladino.

NEW YORK (AP)

Now that I've read that article above for the third time in three different posts (2 in the spoiler thread, didn't think I'd have to see it here too)....................

Thank god! I think the writing for this team has reached a dead end. Hopefully they will now be able to bring the show back to something similiar to what it was and wrap it up nicely.

Thanks to whichever mod brought this thread back. Now maybe we can get some discussion going and not have to weed through the "entertainment" news articles.

Gilmore Girl fans, former fans, future fans............if you're out there come talk to me! If I keep posting all by myself its going to look like my own little GG Journal.

Last nights show: Sounds to me like we missed the best part of Lorelai's drunken show at Lane's wedding. Logan is growing up it seems, too bad its happening now when he is leaving for London. Did anyone else think Lorelai's birthday party rescue was more fitting for an 8-11 yr old group and not a 13 y/o?

Dear Diary:

Did anything on tonight's episode of the Gilmore Girls make any sense or was it really just a bunch of disjunct segments? Yale might get the Rory Gilmore Library, Logan got to get up to go pee (Tupperware will never be the same), Mitchell Huntsburger took credit for giving Rory her first internship (which he did) and this really ticked Rory off, Paris and Doyle like the Penguin movie, Luke's sister is pregnant and is going to make a great mom the second time around, Emily had eye surgery, Kirk is growing a beard thanks to some errant sharpy marks on his face, Sooky and Jackson left their small kids home alone to go running thru the streets of Stars Hollow with 3 trash bags full of pot, oops pickles. Emily and Richard want to buy L & L a house which they obviously put a lot of thought into, ok so that segment had some meaning.

These last few seasons won't be big draws in the rerun market.

THe season finale was ok, I thought it could have been better. I loved that Lorilei finally stuck up to Luke and told him now or never. But goign to Christopher was a big mistake. What if Luke realizes the next day he's been an ass and woudl like to marry her. He won't after finding out she turned to Chris. And you could tell she wasn't happy with him either. I wonder what will happen next season. I hope Luke comes to his sences but he tolded deserved the altamadum.

The season finale resolved several things for me. First and foremost, it put this painfully, agonizingly boring season to an end. This season took one of the most anticipated unions (L & L) and made it almost miserable to have to sit thru week after week; if tonight was the end of the relationship, thank god! Christopher, Christopher, Christopher....YUCK, after this little stunt of Lorelai's, I hope she gets that kid she told the therapist she wanted. Luke could not even be on the show next season and he wouldn't be missed. Richard and Emily were a hoot, but what's up with this new obcession to have a building built to honor Rory, geeeesh! this time last year she was a convicted something, not sure if it was a felony, grand larceny maybe. The farewell scene of Rory and Logan was sweet, but sad. I hope we see more of Logan next season. But again, what's up with the writing, summer is here, Rory is free to go see him anytime, yet they don't plan to see each other til the fall holidays? The finale this season doesn't leave me anticipating the next year like last season's finale did. The new writers/producers will have their hands full trying to bring this show back to even a shadow of what it once was.

an after thought.......I don't think Luke will have to wake up and see what an ass he was......Lorelai has been dodging him for how many days prior to her big ultimatum tonight? She handled it poorly, she blindsided him in her typical immature, childish fashion. IF Luke is there next season, he's probably going to wake up and wonder what hit him. Again, I really really really hope Lorelai is pregnant!

• 2 months later...

people55x23.jpg

Heartbreak News

It's Over for 'Gilmore Girls' Rory and Jess

alexis_bledel.jpg

Milo Ventimiglia and Alexis Bledel

This time, life does not imitate art. "Gilmore Girls" star Alexis Bledel and her boyfriend, former costar Milo Ventimiglia, have broken up, People has confirmed. "He is currently single," Ventimiglia's representative confirmed. The couple were together for three and a half years.

Ventimiglia, who turned 29 recently, joined the "Gilmore Girls" cast in fall 2001. He played town bad boy Jess, who became the boyfriend of Bledel's character, Rory. Of their first onscreen kiss, Ventimiglia said in 2003, "I was nervous. We did each angle a million times."

Bledel, 24, and Ventimiglia soon became an offscreen couple, although they kept their relationship low-profile. Last September, Bledel said that they had discussed marriage. "I think everybody who has been dating for more than a couple of years probably talks about it at some point. It's a fun thing for us to talk about, but that's it."

"Gilmore Girls" will return in the fall on the new WB/UPN-hybrid network the CW. Bledel also starred in last year's "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." Ventimiglia will play Rocky Balboa, Jr. in the upcoming "Rocky" sequel and this fall will star in the new NBC superhero series, "Heroes."

Gilmore Girls airs on Tuesday September 26, 2006 at 8/7C on The WB.

The CW has renewed the series for a 7th season. The show will remain in its timeslot.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENTNEWS

Big Scoop! CW Plots Gilmore/Veronica Crossover!

Brace yourselves

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Gilmore Girls

by Robin Honig

September 26, 2006: Danes' Pains and Automobiles

No matter how many inn reservations Luke Danes made, no matter how much cool stuff he packed for a romantic honeymoon, no matter how long he stood there with those puppy-dog eyes begging for forgiveness, nothing called off his quickie wedding plans faster than Lorelai

Gilmore Girls

by Robin Honig

October 3, 2006: The Theories of Devolution

Welcome to Gilmore Girls 702. Class has begun! Please take your seats. Your computers are fired up and ready to go. We

Gilmore Girls

by Robin Honig

October 10, 2006: There's a Million Ways to Cotillion

Alright, is everyone calm? If not, take a deep breath. Another. One more. Are you all OK after that final scene? Good. So let

Gilmore Girls

by Robin Honig

October 17, 2006: Mustang Love?

Even if you loathe Chris, if you think he

Gilmore Girls

by Robin Honig

October 24, 2006: Sometimes a Pickle Is Just a Pickle

Remember how last week I

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree, though I think it's a shame after Lorelai waited so long to make sure she got the marriage thing right. That said, we've been cheering for Luke for so long, it wouldn't feel right if they didn't get together for good before the show closes.

I think the only relationship between Luke and Lorelai that will feel right is an undying friendship. I think that deep down inside, Lorelai and Christopher are much better suited. I think Lorelai IS the lifestyle of her parents, she just won't admit it because that means her whole life has been a sham. Luke is salt of the earth, good to the core. He's the diner and Wal-Mart, Lorelai is Paris and 5th Avenue.

Archived