BLOW OUT

salter-path

TEARS, TENSION, AND CELEBRITY TRESSES ABOUND WITH THE RETURN OF BRAVO'S 'BLOW OUT' ON JUNE 7

Released by Bravo

BURBANK, Calif. -- After renowned hairstylist Jonathan Antin opened Jonathan Salon Beverly Hills last year with great success, great drama and a season finale capturing over one million viewers on Bravo, viewers can delve into Antin's new career ambitions, the lives of his talented stylists, and the new Jonathan Product team with the second-season premiere of "Blow Out" on Tuesday, June 7 (9-10 p.m. ET).

In addition, Antin turns his sights on the global market as he plans the worldwide launch of his multi-million dollar hair care line, Jonathan Product. It's his latest and most taxing undertaking yet -- and ripe with all the tears, trials and tension tailor-made for intriguing television this summer. "This new line could make me bigger than Vidal Sassoon, but if Jonathan Product doesn't hit the shelves in a few months we could all lose everything," says Antin in the season premiere episode. "I could lose my house, my car, my salons, my employees. I could come out the biggest hairstylist in history and a multi-millionaire or I could lose the shirt off my back."

It's been a year since the grand opening of Jonathan Salon Beverly Hills and Antin's dream of establishing a presence in the beauty capital of the world was realized. Now, he's poised to make his impact on the hair care industry with the launch of Jonathan Product, the culmination of years of experience and his innate knowledge of the products needed to accentuate a perfect cut. It's a risky endeavor for any company, and an even greater one for the individual whose name is on it, and whose livelihood is dependent on its success.

Red-eye flights, hourly calls -- it's just the beginning of what's demanded of Antin and the team, led by established beauty experts Beth Ann Catalano and Tina Hedges, as he prepares for the launch of Jonathan Product. And the clock is ticking: the timeline for the launch of Antin's product line is just three months.

And while Jonathan Product has been available for purchase in Antin's salons for years, the growing pains experienced as the tried-and-true products are finessed and re-branded are no less grueling ? especially when Antin's artistic sensibility clashes with hard deadlines. The process is further complicated when a test of wills ensues between the exacting stylist and the cocky design guru who has no qualms about challenging the hairstylist's own creative vision.

The pressures weigh heavily on Antin -- a man not afraid to cry. What drives the passionate stylist and entrepreneur and what is the personal cost of success. To answer that question, season two takes viewers inside Antin's private therapy sessions, as well as explores his relationships with girlfriend Sescie, and his sister and best friend Robin Antin, creator of the Pussycat Dolls.

Also joining Antin are his talented stylists, but who remains from the first season and who was let go? New faces will also be introduced as season two follows Antin as he bounces back and forth between his Beverly Hills and West Hollywood locations in an effort to keep both businesses running smoothly. The audience will see an overextended Antin struggling to keep it all in check as he pushes himself, his stylists, and the Jonathan Product executive team to the brink of success, all in the name of good hair.

As a teenager, Antin was inspired to become a stylist by Warren Beatty's role as the sexy, lady-loving George Roundy in the hit film "Shampoo." He dropped out of Beverly Hills High to enroll in the Fairfax Beauty Academy, where he quickly landed a job at a trendy West Hollywood salon. Like Beatty's character, Antin's smoldering good looks and charisma, combined with his unique fashion sense proved irresistible. Within a few years, he claimed the salon as his own -- garnering a list of celebrity clientele rivaling the best in the business. With the successful opening of Jonathan Salon Beverly Hills, Antin's brand and presence in the beauty industry continues to grow as he looks to also expand and market his own product line, Jonathan Product.

"Blow Out" is produced for Bravo by Reveille LLC and Magna Global Entertainment.

Jonathan was one of the biggest jerks next to Rocco Disperito that i have ever seen! :shock:

He is soo full of himself he made me sick! Everything was always about Jonathan! He couldnt stop staring at himself in the mirror. He was awful to his staff. I would have told him just where to put his blow dryer if he treated me half the way he treated some of his employees. :evil:

I hope his line is a flop---maybe it will humble him a bit.

will i watch? HELL YEAH! :D

FLYNWA, I'll be watching with you. Your description is just perfect, love it. Heck, he couldn't even drive for looking in his rear view mirror. He is a real piece of work. Should be a great tide over to Big Brother at least.

Is the Beverly Hills shop still even open? The article doesn't actually state that, but I guess it is, by hook or by crook. He's such a sleaze. Surprised we haven't seen him on the Bachelor.

"This new line could make me bigger than Vidal Sassoon." Geez, at who's expense I wonder. And of course I'm not talking about money. Oh, illusions of grandeur of a narcissist.

I am sorry but that Jonathon gave me the heebjeebes and I had to stop watching after a couple of episodes. Has anyone ever watched the Soup, on E!? They used to make fun of him incessantly it was so funny. Unfortunately, I know someone just like him, it makes my skin crawl!!!

he treated his assistant terribly and sometimes for no good reason.

he is one of those people who treat you like crap and then begs for forgiveness and how sorry they are and then they go right back to treating you like crap again.

i really liked a few of the people who did work for him and hope they have moved on to a better place.

one was the girl with the short hair and she refused to go to a show that had fur in it.... she stuck to her guns and stood up for what she believed in.

funny thing is he kind of backed down with her becuase he knew that if she walked so did her clients.

He should really remember that if he loses his staff many clients leave with them.

the one guy who he fired--cant remember his name--he did act up a bit but i think the real reason he got rid of him was because he was a threat to him and he didnt like the competition....he wants to be the only rooster in that hen house!

the one guy who he fired--cant remember his name--he did act up a bit but i think the real reason he got rid of him was because he was  a threat to him and he didnt like the competition....he wants to be the only rooster in that hen house!

I totally agree!! I can't remember the guys name either but he was a wonderful stylist and he had a crazy personality but I think he brought a lot of life to that salon that the others didn't. I personally liked him and was pissed when Jonathan fired him.

• 1 month later...

The new season premiered last night and Johnathan is a bigger p**** then before! I was glad to see some new faces in his salon's including a few of my old favorites. I have a feeling though the same way many of his former stylists left him some of the new ones will too he is not easy to work with at all! Did anyone else catch this?

From TVGuide's Watercooler

Blow Out

Even though his own coif both concerns and taunts me, I loves me my Jonathan Antin. And ever since he abused his underlings through the opening of his Quiznos-adjacent Beverly Hills salon last summer, I've been missing the strangely accented stylist to the semi-stars somethin' awful. So yippee that our Julius Scissor is back in action to launch a hair-care line while terrorizing the best-tressed staff this side of Fox's publicity department between pseudo-weepy therapy sessions and even more-frequent freaky-deaky ooglings of L.A.'s ladies. Personally perverted favorite? "What a honey... mmmm, it hurts." Keep it in yer pants, bud, OK? This is Bravo, not Cinemax. Fittingly, the opener was perkier than a smart bob, with a few new (read: doomed) faces on the payroll and the scandalous double-booking of Arrested Development's Alia Shawkat and Veronica Mars' yummy Kristin Bell on the day of Golden Globes. In addition, we got a visit to the cosmetics lab where Antin's ego proved as fierce as his jawline, receptionist-cum-stylist Kim still not cutting it on the floor of the 90210 shop and a big ol' reminder that Jon boy's overpriced products would make the PERFECT gift for a certain Watercooler columnist celebrating his second annual 34th birthday today. After all, the only appointment I can score with this dude will be my weekly return visits to the show and from the looks of the drama he's already kicking up with this new project, I'm gonna need something to stop my hair from standing on end, ya hear?

Carn that Bravo!! They just had to show a marathon yesterday of this show --- that's how so many of them get me hooked. I just can't stop watching! This guy is so funny. Is he who they modeled Johnny Bravo after? You know-- the cartoon character. :lol: (is that cartoon on anymore? )

well i too was watching and was happy to see some old faces.

seems to me johnny boy still hates the one guy he fired.

kim is sooo sweet.

i knew alicia wouldnt be there either

sad to see the girl with the pink hair gone but he seemed to have respect for her.

he is a bigger jerk than ever before with his---i will be bigger than vidal bigger than everyone. i will either be a multi millionair or will have nothing.

puuuuhleeeeez!

I watched tonight's episode. I missed bits and pieces, so I don't have all the details. I can't believe Jonathan and that artist who is working on his logo for his product can fit into the same city, let alone the same room, with those huge egos! Have you ever seen two people more full of themselves? :roll: :lol:

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Blow Out

You know, I really feel for Jonathan. Stuck with two bangin' salons, greatish bone structure and a hottie sister with the Pussycat Dolls on speed-dial, it makes perfect sense that he spent so much time tonight bitching about how rough he has it. Poor guy. He probably has too much money and fame, too. Please. Of course, it's not all golden for hair's best friend. He does have to deal with that spikey-tressed tool who's designing his product line and a girlfriend who seems more into the freebie 'do and flowers than she is into the actual dude attached to them. Oh, and let's not forget the borderline unethical shrink who allows cameras into his weepy sessions. That is just so wrong, you know? As is charging his gal-pal Jenn a thousand bucks to go from platinum rocker ho to a brunette "nugget," as he would say, although based on his comments about it having been a while since he "did her," I'm guessing she scored some sort of deep discount

• 1 month later...

zap2it_50.jpg

'Blow Out' Star Expecting Baby

jonathanantin_blowout_240_003.jpg

Jonathan Antin of 'Blow Out'

LOS ANGELES - Salon. Hair-care line. Baby. It's not the most logical progression, but stylist Jonathan Antin is indeed going to become a father after launching his Hollywood business ventures on Bravo's hit reality show, "Blow Out." On the upcoming "Blow Out" reunion special premiering on Wednesday, August 3 at 8 p.m. ET, Antin once again knocks his team of stylists for a loop when he announces his impending fatherhood.

Although it's not certain if Antin will respond to the birth of his child with his trademark tears or rages, it's assumed that the baby will have a fabulous head of hair. Antin, 37, has been dating longtime girlfriend Sescie, owner of the high-end Sunset Boulevard boutique, Brunette.

On the special, Antin will confront his nemesis Scott from Zorbit and reminisce on other hair-raising incidents from the show's past season. Colleagues, friends and family will be on hand to react to the scandals, secrets and revelations in Antin's personal and professional life. The stylist's sister Robin will host a sneak peek of the special Tuesday, August 2 at 11 p.m. ET.

The second season of "Blow Out" premiered in early June and centers on the launch of Antin's hair-care line, Jonathan Product and his relationships with Robin and Sescie.

• 8 months later...

as far as i am concerned Johnathan is all about Johnathan and no one else. He is so into himself it makes me sick. If you watch the show you see him constantly looking at himself in the mirror/window/mud puddle anything that has a reflection.

I dont know how Scott from Zorbit can deal with this guy. He never listens to anyone.

Obviously last season Johnny boy agreed and appologized to Scott as Scott did an amazing job on the product line and now he doesnt trust Scotts expertise.....Johnny i cant believe you are successful at all.

i havent caught the show this time around, but i did sit through marathons of the past seasons

my husband didnt understand why i was watching such a lame show, i dont either

my husband also laughed and asked if i wanted some of Johnathan's "Product" in my hair

it really is a lame ...umm, product-name

This show is a hoot. My 13 year old son and I are addicted. We really dig calling everyone dudes and chicks, and having 'bangin' hair! He's hilarious -- and really - don't you think he should be on the next 'Dancing with the Stars"????

I got hooked on this sillly show when they were having one of their marathons. It's all about the hair, dude!

Archived