Brokeback Mountain

blahblahblah

Ok...I am about to watch hehe Brokeback Mountain LOL!!! ...That name kills me :P I made sure to do a search before I posted because ya know how it tisssss ;)

So I will be back to give my lol thumbs up lol...or thumbs down lol ok I need to get my mind out of the gutter....I am way to silly right now. :lol:

SO FAR:

1. Cute little sheep

2. First I was thinking "where did he get a pota....." hot dayum look at that ass!!!! :o

3. ummm ok :)

4. Oh my Goodness :unsure:

5. I dont think puching someone in the face shows love :angry:

6. pfffttt Just like a man :(

7. Wow I wish I can kick like that!!!! :P

Thats it so far....how long is this movie anyway?

THATS how the dayum movie ended? WTH? Jack, I swear.....

He swears what? WHAT? I dont get it....Was it the tire accident or the men who did it? Maybe I should watch it again....Im confused ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked the movie. It's not something I'd watch again, but it was worth renting. I thought Michelle Williams did excelent. And well, Heath and Jake aslo did good, and are nice to look at. A few scenes showed a little more then I needed to see, but the story was good.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, just recently watched it. It was a difficult film to watch. I wouldn't admit to "cringing" but will say that I was uneasy. Interesting considering I think of myself as mature and comfortable with myself. Don't think that I would watch it again.

I loved this movie. I watch it about once a month. The acting, cineamatography and the screeneplay are just so well done/written. At the heart of it... it's a great love story, imo.

I haven't seen it yet.

(I'm WAY behind in my movie-watching and will never catch up to the present.)

Agree...the actors performed over and above. And were nominated for their work, yes? Hillary Swank won for BDC...did the guys in BBM win?
Both Heath and Jake were nominated for OSCARs, but neither won. However they did win a bunch of other awards, and they and the film were nominated for tons more. You can check it out on the Awards page for the film at the IMDB website: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/awards

• 1 month later...

Thought Brokeback was WAY over-rated.

And I think the main reason the reviews were as good as they were were simply because of the topic--first real flick about a couple of gay guys.

It was good acting, in parts---but I'm glad I rented it, and didn't go to see it when it was fiirst out.

Also....I thought it was particularly bad directing, so I don't know what Ang Lee getting the Oscar for it was all about.

And Cat.....I disagree re the comparison to Boys Don't Cry.

I thought Boys was an absolutely superb movie---amazing acting from everyone in it, and just all-round fantastic. Yes, disturbing....but an important story.

Archived