Lost in getting really lost

echo

I find the show interesting to watch, but damn all it does is continue to spin off a new unfinished story line in just about every episode. I am beginning to wonder if the writers have a clue as to where all of this is going. Just like in the X-Files series, they tease the audience with continuing story lines that never reaches a conclusion. Anybody can write mish mash episodes that continue to branch off into more bizarre and unanswered mysteries. The point of the show does seem to be about being truly "lost". Hell, they could have an episode where a US Navy helicopter comes rescue them, it leaves, but never returns as promised. Was it a real Navy helicopter? Did it crash? Who knows! How about several of the cast just disappearing in the middle of the night. Where did they go? Will they return? Were they abducted? Who knows! As far as Evil Harry goes, I bet he escapes\disappears into the jungle without ever revealing anything about "The Others". If he does say anything it simply will create more questions than it answers.

The whole point is never to answer any questions. Every episode is about creating more questions and mystries, not answering them.

I find the show interesting to watch, but damn all it does is continue to spin off a new unfinished story line in just about every episode. I am beginning to wonder if the writers have a clue as to where all of this is going. Just like in the X-Files series, they tease the audience with continuing story lines that never reaches a conclusion.

The whole point is never to answer any questions. Every episode is about creating more questions and mystries, not answering them.

Hey now that you mention it, that sounds possible!

But I sure hope you are wrong. I would be so disappointed if it is like that. :angry:

• 8 months later...

I enjoy the show, and I do beleive the show designed much like a magic trick; once you know how the trick works, it makes perfect sense, but until you know, it appears to be magic. Same with Lost, they only let the audience see enough to keep everyone puzzled as to what is going on, but never letting them in on the trick. If they do reveal something to advance the story line, it is only after they have created more questions than they have answered. It will forever be a false horizon, things looking to be closer than they really are, and only getting further away the longer you drive.

i'm going to have to disagree with you here echo.........according to interviews and such with producers and writers, they seemed to have the whole show planned out from beginning to end. they knew where they were starting, and how it would end. i do think the horizon is actually reachable this time!

OK, I will concede that I do believe the writers\producers have solid plan and are not just "winging it". Plot wise, it appears to me they basically started from the end and worked themselves all the way back to the plane crash. Kind of like playing Seven degrees of Kevin Bacon. How do you get from Shirley Temple (Black) to Kevin Bacon?* It's the same thing.

But here is my bet: nothing of significance will be revealed until the very last few episodes of the series. It is not like x-files as I originally compared it to, it is one flipping long episode of the Twilight Zone.

* In 1942 Shirley Temple was in "Miss Annie Rooney" with June Lockhart. Then In 1989 June Lockhart was in "Big Picture" with Kevin Bacon

This show has to be dragged out for awhile otherwise it would be done quickly. To me I would like to see Lost last a long time!! I dont want all the answers all the time. They've told enough for me so far!!! I mean its a show were after its all done who knows they could make a whole another season just on the history of the Island(s) before the castaways got there.

Archived