Little Bit Country/Little Bit Rock 'N Roll

Catwishes

I've notice several posters mentioning that they think anything country should be on their own show for country artists and I think to myself each time "then why aren't the rockers on their own show?" There is the Country Idol show (name evades me now) and the Rock Idol show. That doesn't mean that neither group should be excluded from American Idol.

Personally, I enjoy country music, light rock and rhythm & blues. Country music has changed in the last few years and has encompassed other styles of music.

How would you categorize your music preferences?

I guess I would best describe my favorite music category as "ORIGINAL". I absolutely loathe cover songs, unless they barely recognizable.

I think "pop" is more like a "pot-luck" and can be almost anything. Even the Pixies and Talking Heads were considered Pop after some measure of radio success. Pop really doesn't matter what your "roots" are, but what is your monitary value now.

Now that former AI winners and runner-ups are coming out with more marketable material, I think it would be interesting to hear their the current contestants' original music. I know most haven't had a chance to write arrangements for/ with the rest of the band, but I would like to see if there's some substance to back-up the vocl chords.

I'm biased. I don't like most country music, and I certainly don't like an entire week of the show being hijacked by a 'country theme' EVERY SINGLE SEASON. Did anyone notice that week has some of the worst performances, and is a veritable snooze fest? It's time to wake up an axe the country week.

i dont listen to country music, but growing up i had no choice but to listen to what my parents listened to....which was country.

so today, i have no idea what modern country music songs are, but i do have a few songs from old memories that i do still like : dolly parton's 'coat of many colors', 'i love a rainy night' (by some country dude, told you, im no country expert)

but i can see where the genre has its place on AI, after all last year's winner is rather country music-y.

and along with not really liking country music and rather liking 'classic rock', the reverse is also true in that it is kinda creepy to hear AI contestants sing some of my old favorites from that....hmmmmmmm, but maybe im just tired of the show already, i really mostly like the auditions portion of the show

• 2 weeks later...

Archived