Apprentice 5 Media

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Monday

8 p.m. "Deal or No Deal" (nightly Feb. 27-March 3, weekly starting March 6)

9 p.m. "The Apprentice 5" (premieres Feb. 27)

• 3 weeks later...

'Apprentice' Reserves Spot for Olympian

Thursday, February 09, 2006 01:35 PM PT

donaldtrump_theapprentice_240_010.jpg

Does the ability to maneuver a bobsled down a sheet of ice at 80 mph or pull off a full double full on the freestyle ski slopes translate to skills in the business world?

A dozen Olympians and the viewers of "The Apprentice" will get a chance to find out next year.

For the first time, Mark Burnett, Donald Trump and the "Apprentice" producing team will let viewers pick a member of the show's cast -- and that person will be one of 12 members of the U.S. Olympic team competing in Italy over the next couple of weeks (the Winter Olympics open Friday). The winner of the fan voting will go on to appear on the sixth edition of "The Apprentice" in the fall.

"We're thrilled to have an Olympian in our midst," Trump says. "And while we've let the viewers do a hiring, I'm still doing the firing. So we'll let the games begin this fall."

Viewers will be able to vote for one of the 12 athletes on NBCOlympics.com. The would-be contestants are short-track speedskater Alison Baver; freestyle skiers Travis Cabral, Joe Pack and Speedy Peterson; long-track speedskaters Casey FitzRandolph, Chad Hedrick and Chris Witty; bobsled driver Todd Hays; snowboarders Danny Kass and Seth Wescott; hockey player Angela Ruggiero; and skeleton slider Katie Uhlaender.

The fifth "Apprentice" has already filmed much of its competition and will debut Monday, Feb. 27, the day after the Olympics end.

Coutesy of: ZAP2IT

'Apprentice' Goes Global for Season Five

Monday, February 13, 2006 10:41 AM PT

donaldtrump_theapprentice2_240_001.jpg

If you watched the Olympics at all over the weekend, you probably got a peek at the latest group of contestants for "The Apprentice."

The promos hinted at a more global cast, and indeed, three of the 18 players NBC unveiled Monday (Feb. 13) are originally from outside the United States -- although all of them currently live in this country. The three international contestants are Brent, a lawyer originally from Toronto, now living in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Lenny, a former Soviet soldier who now runs a trading company in New Jersey; and Sean, a London-born recruitment consultant who lives in Miami.

The latest crop of would-be Donald Trump proteges also includes a self-made entrepreneur who owns a sticker company, a psychotherapist, a handful of lawyers and the show's first-ever MENSA member in Tarek, a high-tech manager for a Fortune 500 company.

"Viewers clearly related to the cast of season four," executive producer Mark Burnett says. "We received tremendous feedback about how smart, attractive and likeable they all were. The candidates on season five are cut from the same mold. They are brilliant, hungry and more international than ever."

Season five of "The Apprentice" premieres Monday, Feb. 27 on NBC. Trump lieutenants Carolyn Kepcher and George Ross will be back on the show, although in a handful of episodes, The Donald's children, Ivanka and Donald Jr., will take their place.

Here's a look at the 18 contestants:

Name: Allie

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

Name: Andrea

Hometown: San Diego; lives in Santa Fe, N.M.

Name: Brent

Hometown: Toronto, Canada; lives in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Name: Bryce

Hometown: Kansas City, Mo.

Name: Charmaine

Hometown: Nashville, Tenn.

Name: Dan

Hometown: Miami

Name: Jose "Pepi"

Hometown: Miami

Name: Lee

Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y.

Name: Lenny

Hometown: Baku, Azerbaijan; lives in New Jersey

Name: Leslie

Hometown: Houma, La.; lives in Boca Raton, Fla.

Name: Michael

Hometown: New York City

Name: Roxanne

Hometown: Austin, Texas

Name: Sean

Hometown: London; lives in Miami

Name: Stacy

Hometown: Long Island, N.Y.

Name: Summer

Hometown: Huntington Beach, Calif.

Name: Tammy

Hometown: Edison, N.J.

Name: Tarek

Hometown: New Bedford, Mass.

Name: Theresa

Hometown: Barrington, Ill.

header2.jpg

NBC.COM The Apprentice

Sorry this is all can find right now. If some one can enlarge it without blurring the faces please do. :)

Stewart, Trump Snipe Over 'Apprentice'

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:23 AM PT

marthastewart_240_009.jpg

Martha Stewart says that when she signed on to do a version of "The Apprentice" with NBC, she believed hers would be the only one on the air. There were even discussions that she would "fire" Donald Trump on the air to launch her show.

That, of course, didn't happen, and "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart" became one of the higher-profile non-starters of the 2005-06 TV season. The show averaged just 6.6 million viewers for NBC in the fall and won't return.

"I think having two 'Apprentices' was as unfair to him as it was unfair to me," Stewart says in an interview with Newsweek. "It should have been one 'Apprentice.'"

Although she says her relationship with Trump is "excellent," Stewart also notes that "Donald will be and say whatever the Donald wants to be and say." And sure enough, Trump, who has griped that Stewart's "Apprentice" dragged down ratings for his show in the fall, reacted with something short of sympathy to Stewart's comments.

"I wish she would be able to take responsibility for her failure," Trump tells New York's Daily News (Newsweek says he declined to be interviewed for the Stewart story).

Mark Burnett, who produces "The Apprentice" as well as Stewart's daytime show, "Martha," acknowledges that the idea of Stewart "firing" Trump was kicked around. "Thank God that didn't happen," he tells the magazine.

The next edition of Trump's "Apprentice" debuts Monday, Feb. 27 on NBC.

Courtesy of: YAHAOO ENTERTAINMENT NEWS & GOSSIP

Trump, Stewart Face Off in War of Words

Wednesday February 22 9:08 AM ET

thumb_ny113_people_trump.sff.jpg

The bleat goes on in the rekindled Donald Trump-Martha Stewart battle. The two pop-culture icons spent much of Tuesday in a back and forth tempest over "The Apprentice."

First, the domestic diva took aim in an article in the current Newsweek; then The Donald blasted back in a letter to Martha delivered Tuesday; late Tuesday a stunned Stewart returned fire, and then later Tuesday Trump shot again in a TV interview.

In his biting letter, Trump wrote that Stewart's version of "The Apprentice" was "a mistake for everybody especially NBC."

The real-estate mogul was responding to Stewart's sniping to Newsweek that "Martha Stewart: The Apprentice" floundered last fall canceled after one cycle because Trump would not take his competing show off the schedule.

Her show was supposed to be the only "Apprentice" and was meant to start out with her firing Trump on the air, she told Newsweek, reiterating comments she'd made before.

"Having two `Apprentices' was as unfair to him as it was unfair to me," she told Newsweek. "But Donald really wanted to stay on."

Trump's blunt response asks Stewart to take responsibility for her "failed show."

"Your performance was terrible in that the show lacked mood, temperament and just about everything a show needs for success," he wrote. "I knew it would fail as soon as I first saw it and your low ratings bore me out."

Ouch.

"Between your daughter, with her one-word statements, your letter writing and, most importantly, your totally unconvincing demeanor, it never had a chance much as your daytime show is not exactly setting records," he wrote.

Then he really told her what he thought.

"Essentially, you made this firing up just as you made up your sell order of ImClone," said Trump, who claimed NBC did not intend to fire him on Stewart's show.

In a statement issued late Tuesday, Stewart, who lost an appeal last month that ended her criminal case for lying about a stock sale that sent her to jail for five months and nearly six months of house arrest, said she was bewildered by Trump's comments and tone.

"The letter is so mean-spirited and reckless that I almost can't believe my longtime friend Donald Trump wrote it," she stated.

"I am very proud of the work we did with Mark Burnett Productions and Mr. Trump, who was an executive producer, on `The Apprentice: Martha Stewart.' Many young entrepreneurs learned so much from the show and enjoyed it. Many families sat their children down weekly to watch it. We are even more pleased with our excellent daytime show `Martha' syndicated by NBC Universal which has just been nominated for six daytime Emmys (including best show and best host), was touted by The New York Times as one of the best shows on television, and has been embraced by our wonderful audience throughout the country."

Trump fired back on CNBC's "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch," saying repeatedly that he is upset because he was "her number one advocate...and what does she do? She blames me for her show's failure."

As for the tone of his missive, he said, "Of course the letter was mean spirited, but I think what she did was mean spirited."

Asked about Stewart's comments that Trump was to be fired from "The Apprentice," Burnett, also appearing on "Big Idea," said, "Lots of ideas are bounced around, and Martha had lots of ideas. My job is to sit and listen to them, but, really, why would NBC ever do that?"

Stewart could not be reached later yet, Tuesday for comment.

'Apprentice' Reserves Spot for Olympian'

For the first time, Mark Burnett, Donald Trump and the "Apprentice" producing team will let viewers pick a member of the show's cast -- and that person will be one of 12 members of the U.S. Olympic team competing in Italy over the next couple of weeks (the Winter Olympics open Friday). The winner of the fan voting will go on to appear on the sixth edition of "The Apprentice" in the fall.

"We're thrilled to have an Olympian in our midst," Trump says. "And while we've let the viewers do a hiring, I'm still doing the firing. So we'll let the games begin this fall."

Viewers will be able to vote for one of the 12 athletes on NBCOlympics.com.

Gosh, wish I'd noticed this sooner - last day to vote for which Olympian you want to see on The Apprentice is Monday, and no finger-banging is allowed (sorry Chad Hedrick, I tried ;) )

Gosh, wish I'd noticed this sooner - last day to vote for which Olympian you want to see on The Apprentice is Monday, and no finger-banging is allowed (sorry Chad Hedrick, I tried ;) )

I think this is a great idea, and I'm going over to vote now! Should add an interesting twist to the mix.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

The Apprentice

The Trump Corporation's televised HR department gets under way for the fifth time as 18 new candidates go hunting for a job with the Donald. The action gets started with each team choosing sides in the time-honored schoolyard style: picking the dorky fat kid last. As one regularly chosen last for kickball, I immediately find myself routing for Brent. Sure, he's the first candidate in Apprentice history with a worse haircut than Trump, and he's not above pitching karaoke as a good idea, but is his team name (Killer Instinct) really any worse than Synergy or Gold Rush?

Anyway, tonight's battle of blimps to increase Sam's Club memberships finds perky Allie leading Gold Rush, while card-carrying genius Tarek takes the helm for Synergy. By the way, the only thing possibly more pretentious than being a member of Mensa is telling people you're a member of Mensa. Gold Rush's slim victory was enough to guarantee the team a lunch with the Donald, where they nodded like a gaggle of collectible bobble heads while the big man explained that business success was less important than, you know, African suffering. Heady stuff.

I found it hysterical that a team called Synergy fell apart, like, a nanosecond after losing the task. I'm not a Mensa member, but I know from irony. The Boardroom was a classic. Summer gets a serious beat down from Carolyn about not making cold calls, while young Lee announces he has no respect for Tarek, who threw Lenny the Russian under the Boardroom bus for no good reason. Then, Summer gets the catchphrase after making a beginner's Boardroom mistake

The Apprentice

Not long ago, the Onion ran a hilarious piece titled "F--- Everything, We're Doing Five Blades," mocking the inanity of razor marketing. Well, meet the Gillette Fusion "shaving system" featuring

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Five Blades Cut Two from Apprentice

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060313insider3.jpg

Stacy Schneider and Pepi Diaz, The Apprentice

You have to say this about the Gillette Fusion razor: It sure is efficient, swiftly lopping two lawyers from the ranks of NBC's The Apprentice (Mondays at 9 pm/ET), as Stacy Schneider and project manager Jose "Pepi" Diaz got sent packing last week. Did the duo's hell-Brent determination to get the dancing terry-cloth monkey booted basically backfire? TVGuide.com asked the ousted for their input.

TVGuide.com: Pepi, for starters, congrats on an Apprentice first

Courtesy of: FOX REALITY, REALITY NEWS

Two Candidates Sit Out To Observe Religious Holiday On The Apprentice

March 13, 2006

by Joe Reality

The teams are given their third task -- to create a corporate retreat introducing the new 2007 Chevy Tahoe to a party of dealership owners on NBC's "The Apprentice," (Monday, March 13th, 9-10 p.m. ET/PT). The team with the best overall rating surveys wins. One team loses two candidates who choose to observe their religious holiday and omit themselves from the task at hand.

Andrea volunteers to be Synergy's project manager, hoping to tame Brent and lead the team to victory. Lenny gets vocal about his missing teammates while he chooses to help his team over observing the holiday. The first "Apprentice" winner Bill Rancic fills in for George Ross, who is away observing the religious holiday, and Carolyn Kepcher returns to the boardroom.

The contestants are rewarded with an under water experience as they go deep sea diving in the Lost City of Atlantis with deadly sharks, huge sting rays, moray eels and some of the most beautiful tropical fish in the world.

"Gold Rush" -- Bryce, Charmaine, Dan, Lee, Lenny, Leslie, Tarek, Theresa

"Synergy" -- Allie, Andrea, Brent, Michael, Roxanne, Sean, Tammy

"The Apprentice" is produced by Mark Burnett Productions. Mark Burnett, Jay Bienstock and Donald J. Trump are executive producers. Conrad Riggs and Kevin Harris are co-executive producers.

• 2 weeks later...

The Apprentice

Early on, it looked to me like Synergy was cruisin' for a bruisin' in the cruise-ship-commercial challenge. Andrea clearly can't "play in the sandbox," as Roxanne put it. She was all offended by Roxanne's comments about her in the previous boardroom, and then she accuses Roxanne of not being able to handle someone being direct. Isn't that kind of a pot/kettle thing? (On a side note, Andrea's supposed to be a multimillionaire, yet she

NBC Gives Viewers Voice on 'The Apprentice'

Trump will still make ultimate hiring decision

March 30 2006

22175921.jpg

Donald TrumpNBC has just created the world's largest human resources department.

The network has decided to give fans of "The Apprentice" a chance to weigh in on who they think should win the show's prize of a job working for Donald Trump. In the week leading up to the finale, viewers will be able to vote by phone and online at NBC's web site for their favorite of the two finalists.

Trump will still make the final call, but he says he's "very anxious to see who the fans choose for their favorite finalist -- their decision could have a big effect on my ultimate decision."

"Over the past four seasons of 'The Apprentice', Donald Trump has used the final episode to hire candidates with advice only from George and Carolyn," "Apprentice" creator Mark Burnett says. "This year we thought it would be interesting to discover what America has to say about the candidates, incorporating our fans and viewers as virtual judges."

The fifth "Apprentice" is drawing about 10 million viewers per week in its new Monday home, down some from the 10.77 million who watched the fall edition of the show. Ratings have ticked up, however, as the show has progressed.

NBC has yet to announce a date for the show's finale.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

SHORT CUTS: It's double the Donald: NBC is airing back-to-back episodes of The Apprentice this Monday, starting at 9 pm/ET.... Fox has announced a Sept. 16 premiere for Talk Show with Spike Feresten, starring the Emmy-nominated writer for such shows as Seinfeld and Late Show with David Letterman.... Reba McEntire has been tapped to host the 41st-annual Academy of Country Music Awards, airing live May 23, on CBS.

Courtesy of: NBC, THE APPRENTICE

Next on The Apprentice

No good deed goes un-fired.

Back-to-back episodes this Monday, starting 9/8c!

Schedule:

Monday, April 10

9:01 PM The Apprentice (5) EPISODE #507 - "It's More Than D

Apprentice

by Jonathan McDaid

April 10, 2006: Double the Donald, Double the Fun!

It

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALILTYBLURRED

7-Eleven selling Apprentice-featured P

Courtesy of: FOX REALITY, NEWS

The Apprentice To Give Viewers A Chance To Win $10,000

April 20, 2006

by Joe Reality

Viewers of NBC's "The Apprentice" will have the chance to roll in the dough with a weekly Grand Prize random drawing of $10,000 by playing the live interactive "Get Rich With Trump" game during each episode (Mondays, 9-10 p.m. ET/PT). Beginning Monday, April 24 and culminating the week before the finale, "Get Rich With Trump" can be played by sending a text message from a cell phone or by logging onto NBC.com/APPRENTICE.

During the broadcast of the show, Donald Trump will invite home viewers to participate in the promotion by stating which candidate they think deserves to be "fired" in the week's episode. The question will have a number of possible answers depending on the number of candidates left on the show. Each candidate will be assigned a "letter" (i.e. A-G) which viewers can either send as a text message from their cell phone or vote online. Viewers are ultimately in control and depending on how people vote, each time zone could end up with a slightly different version of the show.

All viewers who answer the question - whether correctly or not

Courtesy of: ADVERTISINGAGE

Trump's 'Apprentice' Is Losing Its Magic

As Ratings and Ad Revenue Decline, Program Begins to Show Its Age

By Claire Atkinson

Published: April 23, 2006

NEW YORK (AdAge.com) -- Donald Trump's "The Apprentice" is showing serious signs of exhaustion. Ratings and ad dollars are on the decline at the NBC/Mark Burnett franchise, and media buyers grumble that its heavy reliance on branded entertainment tie-ins threatens to turn the show into an infomercial.

trump042306.jpg

The latest Donald Trump 'Apprentice' season has lost 41% of its 18-to-49-year-old audience compared to the year-earlier period, according to MediaVest's research director.

Last season?

Some wonder whether the fall season will be the last for a show that was a hit when it made its debut in January 2004. Mr. Burnett's contract with NBC for "The Apprentice" expires this fall, and Mr. Trump is committed only through the end of the sixth season, which begins shooting in Los Angeles in June.

"'The Apprentice' is generally on the decline," said John Spiropoulos, VP-group research director at MediaVest. "The move to Monday [from Thursday nights] had a negative effect. [but] that's not the big issue. It's the content of the show. It's matured. People are looking for other ways to be entertained."

"The Apprentice 5" has lost 41% of its 18-to-49-year-old audience compared to the year-earlier period, according to Mr. Spiropoulos' midseason report on the broadcast networks.

Trump's take

Not surprisingly, Mr. Trump, host and executive producer, had a different spin. "The show continues to be a top show," he told Advertising Age. "You can't be No. 1 in that world forever and frankly I think that it continues to be a very successful show. We have more sponsors than we have shows by a factor of five."

Mark Burnett Productions also voiced strong support, with a spokesman calling the series "the gold standard of product integration" and saying it "continues to appeal to the craved-after upscale audience."

The dollars tell a different story. Advertisers spent $87 million on the show for its fourth season, which ran last fall, down from a peak of $190 million for season two, according to TNS Media Intelligence.

Mr. Burnett and NBC are doing what they can to lift ratings for season five. They've introduced an "American Idol"-style online voting element that includes a prize drawing to encourage viewership.

'Lost a lot of buzz'

But they may not be able to slow the inevitable signs of aging. "It has a loyal audience, but it's a bit of been there, done that," said one media buyer who asked not to be named. "It's lost a lot of buzz. It's also an infomercial."

The failed addition of a second "Apprentice" built around Martha Stewart also hurt the franchise, a point Mr. Trump has hammered on. "There have been 15 copies of 'The Apprentice,"' he said. "Everyone has failed immediately and 'The Apprentice' is in season six and we continue to do excellent despite the Martha confusion, despite the Monday-night switch confusion."

The show still works for marketers and can still command $1 million to $2 million from advertisers for integration into contest, a branded-entertainment executive who has worked closely with the program said. "It is still an interesting business proposition. It's different from any other show," the executive said. "For the right client, it's a call to action." But, he added, "Clients [have] noticed the ratings are down."

Advertisers

"We were very cognizant of the ratings situation, but we felt like it was a sure bet," said Debra Mager, senior VP-national advertising at Arby's. In a recent episode, "Apprentice" teams competed to write the best jingle for one of the chain's new products. "We were trying to view it as a larger opportunity. It's not just about ratings, it was motivating for our franchise community."

Ace Hardware is returning for a second turn and General Motors Corp. also reappeared this season.

NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly said: "'The Apprentice' is in a very challenging time slot on Monday nights and it's responded with consistently good results, including the most upscale audience for any unscripted show in prime time. ... It remains a key series for our future."

Apprentice

April 24, 2006: Gold Rush Wins! (No, Really)

Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be fired.... Tonight

Apprentice

May 1, 2006: A Hairy Situation

Wow, there hasn

Courtesy of: NBC UNIVERSAL MEDIA VILLAGE

GET RICH AND GET HIRED WHEN THE 90-MINUTE SEASON FINALES FOR NBC'S HIT GAME SHOW 'DEAL OR NO DEAL' AND 'THE APPRENTICE' AIR BACK-TO-BACK ON MONDAY, JUNE 5 FROM 8-11 P.M ET/PT

Published: May 4, 2006

2DELdwN05.jpg

The Season Culminates With 5 Million Dollar Prize on "Deal Or No Deal" And A Live Job Offer on "The Apprentice"

Special guest appearances by Michael J. Fox, Jaime Pressly, Denis Leary, Jason Priestley, Stephen Baldwin, Barenaked Ladies

BURBANK, Calif.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Apprentice Squeezes the Charmaine... and Tarek

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060508insider4.jpg

Tarek Saab and Charmaine Hunt, The Apprentice

Double firings be damned, I'm keeping my original title for Charmaine's kiss-off, albeit with a minor tweak. After all, it's gotta be better than some nonsense like, I dunno, "Salon Task Clips Apprentice Pair," right? (Actually, that one isn't so bad....) Whatever the case, here's what Charmaine Hunt and Tarek Saab had to share about their tandem tanking on last week's The Apprentice (Mondays at 9 pm/ET on NBC).

TVGuide:com: Your double firing ruined the perfect title I had reserved for Charmaine's exit

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Is The Apprentice in danger of being cancelled?

With sliding ratings for The Apprentice 5, will the series live on to move to LA for its sixth season?

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2006/05/on_the_bubble_t_1.html' target="_blank">The Mercury News

Archived