The View

mikede

people55x23.jpg

Guest Update

Jessica Simpson Rosie's First 'View' Guest

by Stephen M. Silverman and KC Baker

Rosie_Jessica.jpgjsimpson.jpg

Jessica Simpson on 'The Rosie O'Donnell Show' on May 18, 2000 and Jessica today

Jessica Simpson will appear on the first episode of "The View" to star new cohost Rosie O'Donnell, on September 5, People has learned. "Rosie herself reached out to Jessica," says a source close to Simpson about the singer-actress's guest shot.

The two have a long history together, going back to "The Rosie O'Donnell Show," which aired from 1996-2002, when O'Donnell was riding the crest as TV's highly rated "Queen of Nice." "When Jessica was just starting out, none of the big shows were interested in her, but Rosie took a chance on her and Jessica never forgot it," says the source.

It wasn't just a break that O'Donnell provided, but encouragement. "When Jessica was on 'The Rosie O'Donnell Show' years ago," the source went on to say, "Rosie went backstage afterwards and said, 'You're gonna be a star.'" Adds the source: "Jessica will never forget her."

"The View" appearance will just follow the release of Simpson's new album, "A Public Affair," which hits stores only a week before, on August 29. O'Donnell, of course, will be assuming Meredith Vieira's former chair on the ABC daytime gabfest, while Vieira becomes the new cohost of NBC's "Today Show."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AH_logo_100x30.jpg

'View' Producer Reveals New Season Changes

geddie.jpg

'The View' Executive Producer Bill Geddie, (far right),

addresses the audience before Co-Executive Producer

Barbara Walters, (far left), takes her cue

BURBANK, California

• 1 month later...

What did you all think of Rosie? I used to love her talk show and I used to look forward to the View back in the day so I was really looking forward to this new merger but kind of skeptical of how Rosie would fit into a group setting.

I don't know . . . she definitely injects some new life into the show which had kind of gone stagnant the last couple of years, but I think somebody needs to tell Rosie to not interrupt people and let Joy and Elisabeth have a say too - she's a little to domineering for my tastes right now, but maybe that was just first day jitters . . .

Anyway, I liked Rosie's debut on the View more than Katie's debut on the CBS evening news. What always seemed to make Katie so special was her genuine perkiness and congeniality and that doesn't have any chance to come into play as a news anchor. Like one of the things I liked about Tom Brokaw was his sincere interest in the events he was discussing, but I almost felt like Katie was trying to dampen her emotions so she could appear more serious. Maybe this too is first day jitters though, eh?

Good luck ladies! :)

PS I can't believe Rosie mentioned her blog and didn't mention the Star Jones scandal! :P

It's only a matter of time before Rosie and Joy get into it. Right now they're acting extra friendly, laughing at each other's jokes, but that will wear off by the middle of next week.

And will Barbara ever leave again? I know it's her show but she bothers me. I haven't sat through a whole show since she's been back as a regular.

lmao Rosie just called Joy a wench (and she wasn't laughing or smiling) and everybody had like that nervous giggle because they knew she wasn't kidding. You called it :lol:

PS Janelle, Erika, and Boogie are going to be on today's show - hopefully somebody'll YouTube it. Rosie's already said she wants to strangle Mike when she sees him and Joy called him 'Booger' :P

Just watched "The View" and Rosie gave Mike Boogie a major whoop ass! I almost felt sorry for the guy. Even the entire audience got into booing Boogie after certain program clips were shown to a room full of women. All the 'ho' references didn't go over very well.

I do hope someone submits it to YouTube because it's worth it. Sorry I didn't have enough notice to alert posters to their appearance but since "The View's" new season began, they have been very slim on listing their guests in a timely manner.

Here's Janelle, Erika and Mike Boogie on "The View" (courtesy of YouTube)

Only Rosie could take an interview with three of the most interesting competitors in Big Brother history, on a show not even on her network, and SOMEHOW :unsure: turn into something about her, and who she like and didn't like. She is just awful.

She didn't ask Mike and questions, she just wanted to sit there like an expert and ridicule him. What a terrible interviewer. :blink:

I have a feeling it was mostly for sure. I thought it was amusing- and Mike did great. He was a real good sport about it. I'm sure it was a completely different story in the green room,and she was probably a lot more gracious to him.

I actually like Rosie but her interview skills are beyond lacking. It's NOT about the Interviewer but about the guests and that was made all about her and her despising Mike Boogie. He barely got to speak as did the girls, but he was very gracious and took that well. Just not great to invite someone on a show to insult and batter them, without letting them have SOME air time. Would've been nice to hear more from the guests and much much much......... much less .. from Rosie

:unsure:

Some of you should develop a sense of humor. It wasn't like she was interviewing the president. For myself, I don't care if I never hear a word from Boogie again, but the interview was pretty funny, and Boogie enjoyed it. So did Erika and Janelle. So did her audience. So did I. The ladies on the view are opinionated, this wasn't supposed to be a button-down , formal type of interview. It was entertainment.

i dont think rosie cares if boobie won 500,000... he will never have the amount of money that rosie has.. and he will never be as funny as her.

i am just glad someone got to tell boobie what a shmuck he really is.. cause there are plenty off bb fans that will never get a chance to tell him themselves. and nobody ever has the balls to do an interview like that... so good for rosie!!!

I thought Rosie was hilarious, I loved it!

Besides, Boogie did get to do the only things he knows how to do, besides coattailing and using/bashing willfull women, he name dropped and he plugged "his" restaurants and investments...as if we haven't had enough of that... :rolleyes:

i never watch the view, because the idea of 4 women cackling about "issues" is not something I would particularly enjoy to wake up to in the mornings. the interview with janelle, erika and mike was no different. They barely got to talk, they would be asked a question say 2 or 3 words and then BAM here comes rosie putting in her 2 cents...I would have liked a little more hg's a little less rosie... but whatever!

Archived