Possible Spoilers! Cast Interviews right after the Wrap!

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

From E! Interviews with Kristin ...

Yunjin Kim

175.lost.kim.y.051705.jpg

Character: Sun Kwon

Where We Found Her: On a beach

Need-to-Know Info: Kim was born in Seoul, South Korea, and is instantly likable. She's warm, receptive, welcoming--even when you're some obnoxious, stalkerish fan interrupting her high-fashion photo shoot for Korean Vogue. That shoot, where we met up with her, just happened to be in the exact spot where it all began--Mokuleia Beach on the North Shore of Oahu, also known as the crash site of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815.

Girl, you look stunning.

I look very different, right? I love it because I'm normally reserved, and I don't get to wear makeup. So, this is a lot of fun for me. I'm all Vogued out. What are you doing here?!

We're not allowed on the set, so I'm, well, actually trying to find you...to get answers.

Seriously? I think you wasted your time! [Laughs.]

Come on, I saw you reading your script. Tell me about the finale!

Omigod. That's hard. It's fantastic! It doesn't solve all the mysteries, because obviously we want to pull you guys back again--but it's just mind-boggling. What happens to all the characters is sort of...it's all cliffhangers. We don't know whether we're going to see them again or what's going to happen. It's all up in the air.

Is it nerve-racking being on a show that--

Kills people off? Uh, yeah! One of the producers, Carlton Cuse, was out here, and he asked if I'd bought a house. I was like, "Carlton, maybe you don't know this, but I'm on a show that kills people." He said he'd buy the house from me if I'm killed off.

A year ago, you were right here, on this beach, shooting the pilot. What has changed since then?

A lot. I worked as a Korean actor--in Korea--for six years, so that is pretty much the same. But I am the first Korean actress to cross over to America and actually be in an amazing show like this, so, hopefully, I won't let anyone down. It's a really special time in my life, and I'm trying to take it one step at a time and not fall on my face.

Is it true you initially read for Kate?

Yes. Well, a full pilot wasn't written at the time I auditioned, so, I read for Kate. I got a call the next day, saying, "JJ Abrams is going to start writing a role for you." And I was like, "A role?!" It was amazing. I love talking about the audition process, because I still can't believe it. It's the biggest compliment I can get--I mean, especially from someone like JJ.

What else can you tell me about the finale?

Nothing! I can't! I'm so sorry, I really do wish I could help you out.

But as she walked away, she looked back with a devilish grin and mouthed: "There are other people on the island." God, I love this girl.

Guest ranster627

Dominic Monaghan

175.lost.monaghan.051705.jpg

Character: Charlie Pace

Where We Found Him: In a jungle

Need-to-Know Info: He might be an international movie and TV star with a frighteningly rabid cult following, but in person, Monaghan's incredibly down-to-earth, sincere and charming. So, naturally, I tracked him down in the middle of nowhere, bonding with nature and, um, insects.

What's with the bugs?

I'm gathering grasshoppers for my chameleon. They're like the equivalent of a wheatgrass shot for him. I have to leave Hawaii on Sunday. I'm going to let him go in the forest, so I'm trying to give the little bugger a fighting chance.

Gotta say, standing under this tree with you is a little creepy. It looks like the one that almost killed you. Please tell me you're safe now.

JJ was quoted as saying that as long as I come out of my trailer, I've got a job on the show. But who knows? There might be a day when I don't. I don't worry about it too much. I know certain actors this year, in season one, were worried. But you know what? I'll go on record and say that if they kill me, and it's a great reason and a great episode that is significant, that's completely cool.

No! JJ, don't listen to him! Okay, what's going to happen with Charlie?

You'll find out more stuff in the finale. Charlie's story intertwines a lot more closely with Claire by the end of it. There's going to be quite a rift in the camp, with the 13 or 14 regulars we've come to know split into allegiances.

And Charlie's one of the leaders, right?

[Laughs.] I think Charlie actually could be the oil between the cogs, whispering in people's ears, "Well, I heard from this person," and "This person said that." It's like this character in Othello named Iago. That's kind of where I want to go with him, and I actually mentioned that in the initial audition. I'm essentially playing Charlie as a bad good guy at this point, but he could very easily become a good bad guy.

In the beginning of the season, you said you thought the monster was an elephant with cats strapped to his back. Still going with that theory?

Yes. It's the image I have in my head--because Charlie has not seen it, and I would never ask the writers to tell me something my character isn't supposed to know. And I think that's what Charlie would do. He'd sit on the beach and go, "I wonder if it's like an elephant seal that has grown legs and has been stung by bees and is lost in the jungle."

Thanks so much, Dominic. It's great seeing you.

Thank you. Hey, you're coming to the party Saturday night, right?

Well, I did come to the party Saturday night, and let me just say that if you're ever looking for a deejay to save your life, Dominic is your man. At Lost's season-wrap bash, he kept the crowd (including yours truly and adorably funky-fresh good dancer Evangeline Lilly) grooving all night with his fine vinyl stylings. One song in the mix: Drive Shaft's "(You All) Everybody."

Guest ranster627

Jorge Garcia

175.lost.garcia.051705.jpg

Character: Hugo "Hurley" Reyes

Where We Found Him: On a veranda

Need-to-Know Info: There's a reason fans can't get enough of Garcia--he's a teddy bear of a guy, who could not be more mellow or more at ease. Things are going so well--new show, new life, new love (mmm-hmmm, and she couldn't be more adorable)--that he radiates a pinch-me mentality. As Lost's millionaire lottery winner, whose friends call him the Thurston Howell of the island, it makes sense we spied him at one of the poshest spots in town--the Vera Wang Suite at the Halekulani Hotel in Honolulu. But worry not, this guy is anything but snooty.

So, life is good, eh?

Never better. I really do feel like I won the lottery.

What are the chances you're coming back next season?

I'm coming back, I think. I mean, I'm alive at the end of this season, so I assume I'm coming back. I'm not a guy who just disappears in the crowd.

The island wouldn't be the same without Hurley. He balances out all the intensity.

Thank you. Yeah, he's kinda the "Awww..." guy in many ways. Not like Sawyer, who's all smoky and "Grrr..." He's a bunny rabbit, you know--the snuggly guy.

I heard some crazy rumor that you read for Sawyer?

I did. I figured out very quickly I wasn't right for that role, and so I just sort of put all of me in the sides they gave me, and I guess they liked it. They had seen my episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and when I went back, we--Ian Somerhalder, Dominic Monaghan and me--were the only people testing for our parts, which felt really cool for some reason. And I have to say, it was the best audition of my life. I just knew I nailed it.

I heard Michelle Rodriguez is appearing. Do you think you'll get other name guest stars?

I think at the moment, it has to be in a flashback, unless, you know, we open the hatch and it's like, "Holy cow! Ricardo Montalban is there! This is Fantasy Island!"

Speaking of the hatch, do you know if Locke is good or evil?

Like, do I have the inside scoop? No. I have to say, I was very pro-Locke and thought, This guy is just a magical seer and a little Machiavellian in his way. But this stuff that happens in this finale is kinda like, "Ooooh, what?" And, um, he's more evil than he was before.

What else can you say about the finale?

It's crazy. There's so much in it and so much technical stuff you need to get right, and so there's a lot of headache and a lot of worry, and a lot of days were like, "We couldn't do this the whole day, we gotta try it again tomorrow." It's been a rough few weeks. But I think it's definitely something that people are going to be happy about and talking about all summer.

Guest ranster627

Harold Perrineau

175.lost.perrineau.051705.jpg

Role: Michael Dawson

Where We Found Him: At a restaurant

Need-to-Know Info: It might be impossible not to smile when you're around Perrineau. He's so good-natured and witty that the time flies, and interviews go a little bit long, but Harold, bless his non-diva little heart, never complains. When a series of flubs (and unforeseen rain) keep postponing the start of our talk, he just laughs it off, asking, "Is Ashton Kutcher going to come out now?" I think I love him.

Can I ask a favor? Turn that raft around. We don't want to lose you.

[Laughs.] I don't want to either!

Do you know if you're coming back?

No, I don't.

Is that hard?

Only in planning, you know what I mean? It's like, "Hey, do you wanna come do this job?" And I'm like, "I don't know. I might have a job, I might not." We've all become really close, too, so it'll be weird to miss people if I don't go back or if other people don't come back. But that's the nature of this show, and we all knew it.

How has your life changed in the last year?

This is my first network television show, so with how big and how popular it is, that's new to me. Some kid came up to me the other day and said, "Are you Walt's dad?" And I was like, "Why, yes I am." And I didn't know what to do. I was like, "Where is your mother? Am I going to get arrested?" [Laughs.] I was completely out of it. I'm not used to that.

I wanna talk about your kid, Walt. He's creepy.

He's a special child. There really is something special with him, and I wish he would cut it out. Stop being so special. Because it's making things happen.

Are you and Malcolm David Kelley [Walt] close in real life?

Yeah, he's the coolest kid. I love Malcolm--he and I are going to Six Flags for his birthday.

The entire cast seems close.

Definitely. I think the viewing parties we have are a great way to get together outside of work. And always, somebody walks in all dirty and bloody, with crap all over them. It's like, "Oh, Jorge, how'd it go today?"

Sun and Michael--ever going to happen?

It's complicated. You know, you always hear about that couple, where the husband slept with the wife's best friend. And I think if they continue on that path, we'll have a thing like that. And Jin and I, our relationship is already really volatile. But we'll see, if I do come back, I think it'd be great to go with that and just let it be messy. But you know, we might not come back.

Guest ranster627

Daniel Dae Kim

175.lost.kim.d.051705.jpg

Role: Jin Kwon

Where We Found Him: By a hotel pool

Need-to-Know Info: I've mentioned before that Daniel couldn't be more of a sweetheart. What you also need to know is that he is one of us, the kind of guy who loves a good Hollywood story: like what's really going on with those Desperate Housewives and the truth behind the saga of John Stamos' "crush." And his wife, bless her tube-loving heart, even frequents WWK Central! While waiting for the camera crew to set up, it took me approximately 2.5 seconds to become instant BFFs with DDK.

Is Jin still alive?

That's an interesting question. And my wife wants you to answer it so she can know, too.

Perfect. Tell me what happens on the raft.

Well, what happens is a helicopter comes in, and we're all saved, and we move to L.A. We'll go back once a year to roast marshmallows and have campfires.

Let's try this again. Tell me what happens on the raft.

It's dangerous.

Well, you shouldn't get on it!

That's what my mother says, too. She says, "Please stay on the island! Stay with your wife! Why are you leaving your wife?" You know...so...we'll see. But there are some incredible things that happen on that raft. I can't wait for you to see.

So, you guys shot some water scenes.

We did! We spent a good time on the water, a good deal of time on the water. And I was really surprised about how great that thing floated!

You were on the actual raft you guys have been building? You're crafty!

Yeah, right. I've been hammering and pounding! When we saw the raft, we were really worried. We were like, "That's not what we're really gonna be out on, right?" But sure enough, we pushed it out there, and it was more stable than the camera boats.

How does it feel to be wrapping the first season?

You know, I feel like I've been on an amusement park ride for about nine months, and I'm just stepping off. And you know how you get that slightly dizzy feeling? You feel like you achieved something by going on the ride? That's kind of how I feel.

And now you're something of a sex symbol.

It's a surprise. I'm happy that Americans are able to see an Asian, or someone of color, as a sex symbol.

Any hope for Jin and Sun?

Yeah! I think deep down they both really love each other, and any time there's true love, there's hope.

Do you know who's coming back next season?

Honestly, no. Like, I know the show is coming back, but all of us--after reading the season finale--are curious.

Guest ranster627

Evangeline Lilly

175.lost.lilly.051705.jpg

Role: Kate Ryan

Where We Found Her: At a coffee shop

Need-to-Know Info: I think I've seen Evangeline Lilly at her worst. When she and I met up for coffee in Hawaii, she had just pulled a string of near all-nighters on the set, was in the middle of packing up her house and showed up without a stitch of makeup on her face. That said, unless you have unflappable self-esteem, I highly advise you to not check out the video clip, for you will see that even in her darkest hours this girl is radiant--inside and out. If she weren't my favorite non-Hollywood person in Hollywood (she writes thank-you emails, and she gathers cans from around the set for recycling--need I say more?), I might try to hate her. But it's useless. This girl is the real deal.

So, you wrapped last night?

Yes, we wrapped the show at 3 a.m.

I don't suppose you have a script on you?

No! And it would be my head if I did. They put out these notes and these memos that threaten our jobs if things get out. It's on a very need-to-know basis. Which is why you guys need to stop asking us questions to trap us. What, you don't want Kate coming back next year? I'll be fired!

We can't have that. Your opinion, then: Do you think Kate is good or evil?

I'm 100 percent convinced she's a good person. I'm 100 percent convinced she's redeemable, that whatever she did was either done, you know, accidentally or it was relatively forgivable...and even if she did something completely malicious and terrible, the fact that she's so remorseful over it, I think, says she's good.

See, I think she's a good person, but I don't know if that's because you're so likable...

[Laughs.] That's how I feel about Terry O'Quinn. He's such a sweetheart that I keep thinking, He must be good. But I don't know--he could be terrible! He could be God; he could be the devil; it could be purgatory, and he's an archangel pulling us in one direction or the other. All I know is that he is one of my favorite characters. I think he's everyone's.

Okay, a little off-topic, but my female friends made me promise to ask you: How do you work out? You look amazing.

Oh, thank you. I can only say that the biggest thing for me is that, I think Americans tend to work out just once a day, and that's it. But I'm constantly moving. I don't drive when I can walk. I normally run back and forth between the set and my trailer, which is about half a mile. I show up to set sweaty, but it works because we're on an island.

Are the fans in Hawaii pretty respectful? It seems like they'd be more mellow here than in L.A.

Yeah, here, people are a little more enamored. They're more like, "Oooh!" They kind of get more giggly and nervous, but it is very respectful. And because it is small-town, their attitude is like, "Hey, you wanna grab a plate lunch?" Which is so sweet, but it's hard to find the balance of like, "Thank you, I'm glad you like the show," but also having to get to where I'm going.

Humph. There goes my next question.

Still, given that she met with me at the coffee shop (and chatted up locals whom she knew by name) when she needed to be packing to catch a plane, I can tell you that this girl always takes the time to stop and be gracious.

Guest ranster627

From E! Interviews with Kristen ...

JJ Abrams

175.lost.abrams.051705.jpg

Role: Executive producer, cocreator

Where We Found Him: On a top-secret secure phone line

Need-to-Know Info: He's JJ freaking Abrams. Alias mastermind. Felicity genius. All around TV god. Need I say more?

We are totally obsessed. How did you guys do it?

I think the premise of the show is such a universal curiosity: What would happen to me if I were stranded on a desert island? Which is inherently intriguing. But I think the longevity of the show is, and will be, attributable to the characters. There are so many people to relate to that there's someone for everyone in a way. Some people watch because of Sawyer. Other people watch because of Sayid or, you know, Michael or Jack. They are coming into contact with an environment and mysteries and absolute terror every day, but they're responding the way anyone watching might respond, so they're incredibly relatable.

Both your show and Desperate Housewives are serialized character dramas with an element of mystery. Is there a reason that worked so well?

I'm not sure how or why Lost and Desperate Housewives works for the audiences. I can tell you why Lost works for us. We just try to tell stories that are compelling to us, and then we cross our fingers and hope people agree. But I do think mystery and a sense of inevitability are things that made certain reality shows successful--American Idol, The Amazing Race, Survivor. You feel that sense of building to the point...the fact that we haven't seen the monster yet, or the fact that we don't know why Locke doesn't walk, or exactly why Hurley was in that mental institution, all sorts of things. For some viewers, the fun of it is extrapolating, based on what you've seen, what the rest of the picture is.

So, what is rest of the picture? What can you tell us about season two?

It is very much another chapter in the story, and it's one of those things where you really don't wanna say anything, but...they've been there for 40 days, and they've been pretty reluctant, for obvious reasons, to venture out too much. If the first 40 days was about their arrival and them realizing that they're going to be there for a while, I'd say the next 40 days is more about their establishing a sense of society and of more permanence, and there are going to be specific story points that will give them very specific objectives that will be part of the overall arc of the season next year.

Is the finale cliffhanger going to drive us nuts?

I think certain story points will be answered that will provide people with real satisfaction, and at the same time, the season finale is, I think, just incredibly shocking. It's going to be really unbelievable.

Guest ranster627

From E! Interview with Kristen ...

Damon Lindelof

lindelofdamon7lj.jpg

Role: Executive producer, cocreator

Where We Found Him: Deep within Lost headquarters

Need-to-Know Info: There's a good reason I saved Lindelof--and not Matthew Fox or Josh Holloway--for the big finale of our Lost week. Sure, we love those guys, but I can't help but want to champion Damon even more, for he is something of an unsung hero. Everyone knows Lost is JJ Abrams, but it's fair to point out it never would have existed without Lindelof, who came up with the original concept and shepherded every storyline this season. Not only is he a creative genius--he came up with the idea to put Locke in a wheelchair and wrote the episode where the hatch lit up--he's also the kind of producer who emails you out of the blue to say thanks. And better yet, he's willing to dish. Whee!

Second season. Spill.

One of the really cool things, to me, is that we are going to be introducing new characters to the show. And it'll just get out who we've cast, because we're gonna start shooting the show in July. I think people's default position will be, "Oh, they're all people who we just haven't met yet," sort of in the chorus of, you know, meat socks, as we call them, the people in the background...Maybe some of these characters will come from the chorus and maybe they won't, but word will start to trickle out over the summer about who's joining the cast of Lost, and, more importantly, who's leaving the cast.

Doing what?! Why?

People can only track so many characters, and we can't do what 24 does, which is bring them in for six or eight-episode arcs because the actors need to live in Hawaii. And with an actor on our show, we need to have them locked down, because how do you get them off the island if they get a movie? We don't have a lot of malleability, so big, epic sorts of series decisions have to be made at the beginning of each season, and you're just sort of married to them.

I guess that's okay. As long as it's not a cliffhanger.

That's what the show promises! For me, the greatest Star Wars movie ever was Empire Strikes Back, where it's like, whoa, Darth Vader tells Luke Skywalker he's his father, he cuts his hand off, and the Rebellion is completely crushed and everybody is like absolutely and totally f--ed, and that's the end of the movie. You're like, Wait! What? I will never forget the three years between Empire and Jedi, like, how awesome it was, the level of anticipation.

Now, get ready for precisely that my friends, because based on everything I've heard about Lost's two-hour finale, you will do exactly what Evangeline Lilly so eloquently predicts in her video clip: "You're gonna crap your pants." So, please, strap on a pair of Depends, mark your calendar for Wed., May 25, at 8 p.m., and get ready for a hell of a ride.

I haven't finished reading, but THANKS ranster!!!!

And I have to say that JJ Abrams looks NOTHING like I pictured him in my head - NOTHING!!! I pictured him kinda like Michael Moore, only with long hair in a ponytail at the nape of his neck.... wow.

LMAO, ok back to reading!