Classic TV Trivia

Lily?

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google is such a wonderful tool! :naughty:

Ok, next question...

What was the nickname of the practical joker, played by Tom Poston, on the Bob Newhart Show?

nope...the key is "nickname"..time to google again... :ciao:

:hurray: Bingo! Next question goes to Rejuv...

Rejuv is going to have a nice hot cup of coffee and think about one!! Won't be too long.

I watched the marathon of last summer's Pop Culture Trivia (or whatever it was called) last weekend and kept thinking wow, that would be a good Classic TV trivia question, but did I write them down, nooooooooo. So now I have to rely on my memory.

Hmmm, many of the shows that had good trivia on the Pop CUlture Marathon are not on Morty's Index of Classic TV. Too bad.

the question:

On Little House on the Prairie: Nellie (Oleson) was short for what full name?

Danielle!

And here is some interesting info I found on wikepedia about the character of Nellie from the Little House on the Prairie book series...

Several of the characters featured in the series were based on people Laura knew in real life; however, she often changed names or combined traits of several people to create one character. For example, "Nellie Oleson" was a conglomeration of three people Laura knew: Nellie Owens, Genevieve Masters, and Stella Gilbert. Nellie Owens is the main basis for Nellie Oleson in On the Banks of Plum Creek, the Nellie Oleson of Little Town on the Prairie is mainly Gennie Masters, and Stella is the Nellie featured in These Happy Golden Years. Laura also changed names to protect the privacy of those she wrote about; the Brewster home where she boards for her first teaching job was actually the Bouchie household.

Sorry about that!

Ok, here we go...

What was Ben Cartright's job when he lived in New England before he became a widower and moved out West, with his young son Adam in tow?

Ben had been a ship's chandler, running a shop supplying gear to merchant vessels. You're right, Art! You're up...

Yes, c'mon people... this isn't just the Rejuvkayovandelay thread! Join in the fun and bring us your classic tv trivia questions! :dork: