image host
Sign in to follow this  
salter-path

Classic TV Trivia

OK TCS, how about we do this. You think of an answer, and I'll come up with the question. Example: You answer "Bonanza" and then I will then ask the question "What was the first primetime TV series to have all it's episodes filmed in 'in Living color'?". That way, you'll know the answer. :cheshire:

Have a great day!

Kinda like Trivia/Jeopardy lol ;) I think I'd be better at that for sure. :animated_bouncy:

Have a Great Day too! :pixiedust:

Echo is was a wild guess about Jodi Foster. I put two and two together and figured the age fit her and so did all her acting and directing credits.

The answer to echo's question is Love, American Style. I think Marion Ross and maybe Anson Williams were in the "pilot" that was shown on LAS. Happy Days didn't hit the air waves until a couple years later. There was another show that was a "spin off" of LAS but it was short lived and I can't remember the name of it right off the top of my head.

I remember New Love American Style. It came out later and was on in the daytime.

We need more trivia!! Please.

What was the name of the actually waterfall in a tv show that stared a man born in France who stopped growing at an early age?

Sam the butcher. :pixiedust:

Yeah I heard that he died. I'm going to go and look for a question.

:pixiedust:

On Dragnet, what was Sgt. Fridays badge number and why did they use that number?

:pixiedust:

If I were to take a SWAG, I'd say Sargent Joseph Friday has the badge number of 713. :animated_bouncy:

It was #714 and it was the badge number of the techincal advisor from the LA police dept. I'll go back and get his name and add it to this post. brb. :pixiedust:

Added:

What is the significance of the number 714, as in Badge 714?

There are multiple explanations for the use of this number. Jack Webb was a big Babe Ruth fan, and Ruth hit 714 home runs in his baseball career. The number is also said to be from Jack's mother's birthday (July 14th).

It was Dragnet advisor and LAPD Sergeant Dan Cooke's badge number. He originated some of the script concepts and was the technical director for a number of the Dragnet episodes. Badge 714 was Sgt. Cooke's badge and was retired from the LAPD when Sgt. Cooke arranged for the use of his badge for the series. Sgt. Cooke has since passed away and the badge was donated by Cooke's widow to the LAPD Police Academy's Museum. You can see it there now—and the plaque next to the badge will validate this information.

Do we have another trivia question?

Phil Silvers Show.

Someone else ask a question please. Thank you.