Ultimate Fighter Season 10 Heavyweights

StephenV

It was interesting to see how the different coaching styles played out last night. Team mindset vs. Individual competition. As a parent you want to teach your children about team work, hard work, comradeship, positive attitude, etc. What will be interesting to me though is to see if it plays out in reality for this sport. Seems to have worked for the 1st fight though. :)

I agree Junie is one messed up dude. Hope he gets some serious psychological help... sounds like it's been a rough life. He was an awesome fighter though and it's too bad he's going to let the mental side screw up his opportunity here.

Isn't my Krystoff (sp) a great guy though... I :wub: him even more after his prank. Gotta love a guy who knows how to pull of a prank that's harmless but, funny.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CECIMOm wrote

Isn't my Krystoff (sp) a great guy though... I him even more after his prank. Gotta love a guy who knows how to pull of a prank that's harmless but, funny.

That summer camp type prank was pretty funny and the the prankees took it all in stride. I thought it was hilarious as the unwrapped the underwear they realized it was theirs...Also how they said it took forever to unwrap the bed. I agree good hearted fun.

kimbo got his azz kicked

jmho

Geez all the drama and its barely the 4th episode. Tonight's fight between Team Nogueira's Efrain Escudero and Team Mir's Shane Nelson was a close one but Efrain pulled out the victory which didn't sit well with this seasons pyscho Junie. A sober Junie jumped the octagon fence to try to start a fight with Efrain beacuse he thought his wrestling backround and "just laying on" his opponent wasn't a real victory.. I guess we'll find out what happens next week with this new debacle.

I know a lot of people say this is a violent sport but I have to hand it to the guys who kept their cool when Junie and Shane Nelson started with their drunken antics. Being an asshole is one thing but Junie takes to a new level and beyond. Throwing glasses at people, thrashing things that don't belong to you and mouthing off constantly just was proves this guy isn't mentally stable. What if this moron was in close proximity to a knife? Shane's was more attributed to not handling his alcohol and just trying to act all bad. Like I said he's lucky these guys had more sense and didn't beat him to a pulp.

It just annoys me when people love to dish it out but can't take it. When Krzystof threw Junies clothes in the pool Junie acted like he killed his first born.

I think Dana should have made Junie and Shane fight tonight and the loser goes home and the other has to go back to the fighting pool. Seems next week Junie's own coach has had enough. Junie's annoying as hell but it does make these episodes fun to watch...

• 2 weeks later...

Tonights fight was a great one...a three rounder with Junie Browning and Roli Delgado. Junie won it with a split decision. I thought Juni was going to kill him but like Chris Leeban from season 1 he's proved to be a lot of hot air.

I bet Junie doesn't make it past his next fight.

That's two in a row for Team Mir

Tonight Roli's trainer reminded me of Mickey from Rocky. Telling Roli if he listens to him he can win him the fight. I thought it was funny watching the old guy training him....he was almost right..Roli came close.

Oh I totally agree... Roli is awesome. Team Norueira is da domb. (old school tee hee) With Norueira, Roli and Silva the spider in their corner... they can't lose many, imo. I just like Norueira's style of coaching much better. And, it really pissed me off when Mira and the other competitors didn't listen or have respect for Norueira's request to subdue the "pranks."

I didn't see anything wrong with the initial pranks and thought they were funny but, when people start threatening to hurt the competition of pissing on each other's beds... it's gone too far.

Junie may have won this last fight but, I don't see him getting past the next round either... especially if he's against (shoot forgot the guys name... dark hair, hispanic, already won his fight???)

Last but not least... did you get to see the Middle Weight Championship fight this last weekend. Silva fought Cote and (don't look if you don't want to know)

kept his belt!!!

There were a couple of really good fights leading up to the finale' too. Looks like there's some really good fights coming up too. Some guy named Coulture (I'm still learning about this sport so, don't know many of them.) looks like a friggin' monster. :lol: I think that fight is on the 15th.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Team Norgueira finally ended their 3 fight slide when Philipe Nover choked out Mir's Dave Kaplan. Well Junie turned into a Joe Lieberman and gave away team secrets to Nover about Kaplan's poor fighting skills because he just didn't like the guy. Did it have an affect on the fight? Probably not, but no one likes a snitch and I can't stand the punk.

The pranks continued and I will never look at a fruit tray, Sushi, or a hardboiled egg again. Completely disgusting.

Next week is the last of the preliminary light heavyweight fights before we get to the semi finals. Seasons seems to be going fast.

• 2 weeks later...

just finish watching brock lesnar beat randy couture

I'll try to keep the topic up to date. Well all the prelims are over and the semis start next week. Tonight Team Mir's G. Roop beat Team Nogueria's resident ultra happy huggin lovin John Polakowwski. I did want Polakowski to pull the upset win, but he put up a great fight and I think the 2 round unanamous descision for Roop was WRONG. I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE WENT TO A THIRD. Both looked pretty jacked up after the fight. I guess nice guys do finish last. Pretty funny seeing Polakwaski get all mad about Team Mir stealing all his marshmallows from his Lucky Charms.

Finally it isn't a episode without Junie having a hissy fit. He got hit with an egg from Kryztoff and went ballastic. This guy is such a whiny @#$%^&.

Semifinals start next Wednesday. they are:

Ryan Bader vs. Eliot Marshall

George Roop vs. Phillipe Nover

Vinny Magalh

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you missed any episodes of this season, SpikeTV will have a marathon of the entire season on Saturday December 13th beginning at 9:00 AM. It will run all day until the finale that will begin at 9:00 PM

So far Team Ngueria has two fighters in the Finals. Tonight both Ryan Bader win in a lackluster semi final fight and Philipe Nover won in a first round tap out by George Roop.

Next week its looking like Juni will again be threatned to be thrown off the show for throwing something at another fighter and going berserk......again. I hope this time Dana White follows through.

man i cut my cable off or i would be more active in here

• 4 months later...

The new season is underway. This time its Team USA vs Team UK. USA's coach is Dan Henderson and Team UK's coach is Michael Bisping (season 3 winner). After the prelim fights for the past two weeks tonight the elimination fights started, Team USA's Mark Miller got beaned in the head by a kick from Team UK's Nick Osipczak and was knocked out in round 2. So Mike Bispings obnoxious overcofidence of Team UK was justified with his teams first round win. Luckily I can barely understand anything he says.

Also tonight the immature pranks began. This season no use of any "bodily fluids"may be used in pranks. That's good for those with squimish stomachs. Who could forget this piss soaked fruit salad..oh man so disgusting. This season just destroying of clothing or personal property left in "common areas" of the house are fair game. So far just a shirt and a pair of boots have been victims.

If you are into MMA fighting remember that its on SpikeTV every Wednesdays at 10:00 PM.

• 5 months later...

Well the tenth season is here and its the heavyweights on SpikeTV

It premiered last week but just caught up this week.

If you're into Ultimate fighting you know doubt heard of youtube fighter Kimbo Slice. He's a contestant this season. I really wanted to see him get killed but after two epeisodes he actually seems like a pretty chill guy..

The teams are Team Rashad (Rashad Evans from season 2) and Team Rampage (Quiton Rampage Jackson)

Team Rashad is up 2-0 and next week Kimbo Slice who's on Team Rampage is up next to fight. I hope he wins...

I like the coolness between Rashad and Rampage. They ride each other but do it with smiles on their faces...I'm actually liking this season so far..

If you're into UF come here Wednesday and discuss the show..

I told my hubby week 1 that if Rashad were smart he'd pick Kimbo to fight 1st chance he gets... before Kimbo has time to get much training. Street smarts/fighting + octogon smarts/training could be deadly for the rest of the fighters. I have a feeling if Kimbo isn't knocked out early he'll take the whole thing.

Also, I'm enjoying the shows evolving around the ring/training/etc. instead of the "reality" show bs we have to watch back at the house. Of course that could also, be just a product of the most interesting personalities on the show are the 2 coaches. :lol:

Side note: Hubby said last night that Rampage announced his retirement the other day. :unsure: What's that mean for the Dec. fight between Rashad v. Rampage??? Maybe Rampage a wee lil' scardy cat. :) muwhahahaha

i am watching huge mma fan.

kimbo has a tough fight this week vs roy.

i thought wes last night won the first round vs james . i thought they should have made them go to a 3 rd since both fighters won a round.

these fighters need to work on stamina

yeah rashad did the smart thing to put kimbo against probably his best guy

these fighters need to work on stamina

That kinda goes along with the bigger guys though... but, I agree there definitely needs to be some cardio conditioning going on in both camps.

fight went how most expected it

if kimbo didnt get the ko

roy would ground and pound him and exposed his terrible ground game

i am surprised they let rashad feed him to the wolves

ratings will drop but previews make it seem like he will come back due to injury

where is dr interference when you need it :animated_rotfl:

uvp who thought in normal cases the fight would have been stop in rd 1 due to inactivity defending himself by kimbo

Archived