Ultimate Fighter Season 10 Heavyweights

StephenV

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao... NO WAY!!! But, playing poker with the Illinois family Saturday night and host does!!! :D (Should of seen us women with our eyes closed and the men gettin all pumped up on that #$%#... :rolleyes: ) Unfortunetly, I looked up right at the right (wrong) moment! :o All I can say is... men are stupid! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Ultimate Fighter Season Five debuts this Thursday April 5th @ 10 PM ET/PT on SpikeTV. This season they have added an all new weight class to the show. The coaches are BJ Penn and Jens Pulver.

Don't forget if Ultimate Fighting is your thing.

• 2 weeks later...

This new weight class of guys are like a bunch of high strung poodles. After two weeks Team Penn is down two fighters. After week ones win by Team Pulver, tonight's fight between Noah and Manny was pretty important for Team Penn.

However Manny just clocked Noah right at the beginning of the fight and it was pretty much over for Noah. Eventual tap out from an arm bar cost Team Penn a victory. Second fight in a row to last less than half a round.

Can't believe only the second week and so much petty drama. Also what's with team Penn thrashing the house by writing all over the walls. Dana White should of just stuck these guys in a concrete dormitory since they have no respect for their house.

This lightweight division would be more tolerable if all other weight classes were included. I predict Team Penn will just keep losing for now.

I haven't even started watching this season yet, are there any guys that stand out as potential winners yet? I guess one reason I haven't watched yet is b/c the coaches are guys I'm not really familiar with, only really being a fan myself for about a year or so. My husband probably knows them, I'll have to let him know that the new season has started.

Wow Team Penn is now 0-3. I guess it's safe to say they suck. Tonight's fight between Rob Emerson and Nate Diaz (little brother of Nick Diaz) almost went the full two rounds. The first round I would have given it to Rob, but the dude got his clock cleaned in the second round and lost by a rear naked choke with 17 seconds left. Dana said it was one of the best fights in all five seasons...I disagree.

Lastly fatboy, crybaby, complainer Gabe is so annoying. That whole segement with him getting his colonic to cut weight was disgusting. I thought Team Pulver was gonna pick his fat ass to fight...... but no such luck. Can't wait til he leaves.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Team Penn finally got their first victory with Joe Lauzon who killed Brian Geraughty in over a minute with a rear naked choke. Dana said "Lauzon looked amazing"..I agree.

The second fight was a lot closer between Corey Hill and Rob Emerson who came back when Gabe couldn't make weight. I personally thought the first and third rounds were a draw with Emerson winning the second. I agree with Dana saying that Rob Emerson had won... but the judges saw it in Corey Hill's favor. The fight wasn't a great fight but Emerson should have been more agressive. I think Hill's enormous reach advantage kept him from attacking. It was close enought to go either way.

So add another win to Team Pulver.

Tonight's show started with the BJ Penn drama of kicking Andy Wang off the team. Whether BJ was right or wrong about throwing him off I thought it was cool Jens and his team was willing to take him on. Wang should have just taken the offer right away instead of looking like an ingrate.

Turned out to be a great night for Tean Penn. First fight between Wayne Weems (Pulver) and Gray Maynard(Penn) was too funny. Weems laying face down on the floor while Gray was just pounding on him and the ref yelling " fight back...fight back" for nearly two minutes before he ended the fight.

Second fight was another massacre.Marlon Sims (Pulver) vs Matt Wiman(Penn). I figured it was gonna be a fast fight when it started with only 4 minutes left in the show. Matt's first punch to the jaw was a good one. Good enough to daze Marlon and get choked out.

I guess Penn took it to heart when Dana told him to get a hold of his team... "you don't want to look like Ken Shamrock" toooo funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of great quaterfinal fights. Corey Hill came out like a champ. I thought for sure Diaz was in trouble. But in the end Corey's inexperience had him tapping out in a rear triangle choke at the hands of Nate Diaz.

The second fight had an overconfident Matt Wiman battling Manny Gamburyan. Manny dominated both rounds and got the decision. I was a bit suprised at that one. Matt looked tired and seem to just lay there a lot. Manny kicked butt.

So a couple of my favorites were eliminated tonight.

For the semifinals we have Manny and Nate from Team Pulver and Gray Maynard and Joe Lauzon from Team Penn. From the previews Dana seems to want each team to battle their own and see who gets in the finals. The coaches didn't seem to happy about that. Well see next week.

The finale is Saturday June 23rd. We also get to see the Penn Pulver rematch fight. Should be the best finale out of all the seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Finale this Saturday. There's an all Team Pulver Finale with Manny Gamburyan winning in a pretty lackluster fight against Joe Lauzon.

In the second fight, what started out looking like it would be a great fight Nate Diaz advances to the finals by a guillotine to a tired Gray Maynard.

Finale is live at 9:00 PM Eastern 6:00 Pacific. Also the Jens and BJ rematch will take place. Should be a great fight night. I'm going for a Nate Diaz win and an BJ Penn win ! Ha Ha we'll see!!

• 2 months later...

Thursday was the premiere of season 6 of Ultimate Fighter The Welterweights...I missed it because it usually is on Wednesdays, but I finally saw the repeat today...

This season it's gonna be two Matt's coaching. Matt Hughes and Matt Serra with their big showdown for the welterweight championship in December between the both of them.

This season Team Hughes vs Team Serra got off to a rocky start with Team Serra lossing it's first fighter Roman Mitichyan breaking his elbow during the evaluation fights..We got to see him go off on the Dr. yelling at him "I need to fight"..well all his crying and threats wasn't enough as he was told to leave because of the injury and a new fighter was brought in to replace him.

Thursday's first elimination fight was between Team Hughes 2nd pick Mac Danzig and Team Serra' first pick Joe Scarola..judging by how late the fight started in the hour it was clear it was going to be a short one... It was. Mac Danzig submitted Joe with a triangle choke with mere seconds left in the first round...Joe could have easily outlasted it but the words from his own coach and friend Matt Serra rang true.."he was looking for a way out of the octagon..and he found it"

So Team Hughes has the first win and looking at the fighters it may be a long season for Team Serra IMO.

The show moves back to Wednesdays 10:00 PM ET/PT on SpikeTV, so if Ultimate Fighting is your thing this is a great show to watch.

Thanks for the info Stephen, my hubby and I love this show! And I like how they are now becoming more mainstream, as is obvious by the free event they just showed. We usually buy the ppvs when they come out, so it was nice to save the $30.

I didn't even realize that a new season had started. Too bad about that one guy breaking his elbow...ouch!

• 11 months later...

The New season of Ultimate Fighter started tonight on SPIKETV...This time around its Team Nogueria vs Team Mir..

I probably won't get around watching it till Saturday..but I just wanted to remind everyone who's into this show..

Here's the official site http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=tuf.home

I'm looking forward for this season...

Pretty exciting first eppy. (Don't remember names yet... sorry.)

1st a guy faints then he goes on to kick the other guys arse.

Another guy doesn't make weight. I think they made the right decision to disqualify him. I'm not sure what it is but the guy he was supposed to fight totally turned me on. :lol: I'm not ever attracted to tattooed guys but, sheesh... almost had to throw by hubby on the bed after seeing him and his fight. :animated_rotfl:

The other right decision I think the commission made was giving the "win" to the guy that got kneed in the chin.

We missed the last 11 minutes so, hope I didn't miss too much.

Looks like its going to be all drama this season. Well until Junie Browning gets thrown off the show, which looks like it may happen according to the previews for next week. I really beieve this guy has a screw loose. Leave em on..it makes the show like Chris Leeban did in season 1.

You know its going to be a quick fight when they start it with only five minutes left in the hour. Tonight's fight between Team Mir's Tom Lawlor and Team Nogueria's Ryan Badar was a mismatch. Even though only 1 pound seperated these two light heavyweights..it looked like Ryan Badar was a lot bigger. He totally dominated that 3/4 round fight and that punch that knocked out Lawlor left stars dancing around his head.

Next week it looks like it will be all about Junie Browning's antics...he even jumps into the ring at one point even though he's not fighting. Should be a good episode....

Archived