KIM ZIMMER (Reva Shayne Lewis)

Guiding Light (CBS)

ERIKA SLEZAK (Victoria Davidson)

One Life to Live (ABC)

KASSIE DEPAIVA (Blair Kramer)

One Life to Live (ABC)

JULIET MILLS (Tabitha Lenox)

Passions (NBC)

MICHELLE STAFFORD (Phyllis Summers Abbott)

The Young and the Restless (CBS)

MICHAEL E. KNIGHT (Tad Martin)

All My Children (ABC)

ROGER HOWARTH (Paul Ryan)

As the World Turns (CBS)

JACK WAGNER (Dominick Payne Marone)

The Bold And The Beautiful (CBS)

STEVE BURTON (Jason Morgan)

General Hospital (ABC)

GRANT ALEKSANDER (Phillip Spaulding)

Guiding Light (CBS)

CHRISTIAN JULES LEBLANC (Michael Baldwin)

NATALIA LIVINGSTON (Emily Quartermaine)

General Hospital (ABC)

ROBIN CHRISTOPHER (Skye Quartermaine)

General Hospital (ABC)

CRYSTAL CHAPPELL (Olivia Spencer)

Guiding Light (CBS)

HEATHER TOM (Kelly Buchanan)

One Life to Live (ABC)

ILENE KRISTEN (Roxanne Balsom)

One Life to Live (ABC)

JEANNE COOPER (Katherine Chancellor)

JEFF BRANSON (Jonathan Lavery)

All My Children (ABC)

CAMERON MATHISON (Ryan Lavery)

All My Children (ABC)

TYLER CHRISTOPHER (Nikolas Cassadine)

General Hospital (ABC)

RICK HEARST (Ric Lansing)

General Hospital (ABC)

JUSTIN DEAS (Buzz Cooper)

Guiding Light (CBS)

GREG RIKAART (Kevin Fisher)

ALEXA HAVINS (Babe Chandler)

All My Children (ABC)

EDEN RIEGEL (Bianca Montgomery)

All My Children (ABC)

JENNIFER FERRIN (Jennifer Munson)

As the World Turns (CBS)

ADRIANNE LEON (Brook Lynn Ashton)

General Hospital (ABC)

CRYSTAL HUNT (Lizzie Spaulding)

Guiding Light (CBS)

JACOB YOUNG (JR Chandler)

All My Children (ABC)

SCOTT CLIFTON (Dillon Quartermaine)

General Hospital (ABC)

TOM PELPHREY (Jonathan Randall)

Guiding Light (CBS)

DAVID LAGO (Raul Guittierez)

MICHAEL GRAZIADEI (Daniel Romalotti)

ALL MY CHILDREN (ABC)

AS THE WORLD TURNS (CBS)

GENERAL HOSPITAL (ABC)

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS (CBS)

ALL MY CHILDREN (ABC)

GENERAL HOSPITAL (ABC)

GUIDING LIGHT (CBS)

AS THE WORLD TURNS (CBS)

GENERAL HOSPITAL (ABC)

GUIDING LIGHT (CBS)

JEOPARDY! (SYN)

THE PRICE IS RIGHT (CBS)

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (SYN)

ALEX TREBEK, Host

Jeopardy! (SYN)

BOB BARKER, Host

The Price Is Right (CBS)

MEREDITH VIEIRA, Host

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (SYN)

DR. PHIL (SYN)

THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW (SYN)

LIVE WITH REGIS & KELLY (SYN)

SOAP TALK (SOAP NET)

THE VIEW (ABC)

DR. PHILLIP C. MCGRAW, Host

Dr. Phil (SYN)

ELLEN DEGENERES, Host

The Ellen Degeneres Show (SYN)

REGIS PHILBIN, KELLY RIPA, Co-Hosts

Live With Regis & Kelly (SYN)

LISA RINNA, TY TREADWAY, Co-Hosts

Soap Talk (SOAP NET)

BARBARA WALTERS, JOY BEHAR, ELISABETH HASSELBECK, STAR JONES, MEREDITH VIEIRA, Co-Hosts

The View (ABC)

DeGeneres' talk show sweeps Daytime Emmys

DAVID BAUDER

Associated Press

NEW YORK - Ellen DeGeneres swept the Daytime Emmy awards, winning best talk show host for the first time while "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" picked up best talk show honors for the second straight year "Oh, man, I love my job," DeGeneres said Friday night during the ceremony at Radio City Music Hall. "It's basically just sitting there and listening to people talking. It's like a bartender." DeGeneres even learned she had a fan from another generation when Merv Griffin, standing next to her as he accepted a lifetime achievement award, whispered: "I watch you every day." Her talk show has won five Emmys this year overall.

"Jeopardy!" - with a boost from Ken Jennings' 74-game winning streak - was honored as best game show. "This just adds more luster to what has already been a shining season," said Harry Friedman, the show's executive producer. He didn't mention Jennings, whose machine-like mind caused a sensation before he lost in November.

"General Hospital" won a record-setting eighth Daytime Emmy as the best drama series. Another veteran, Erika Slezak of "One Life to Live," won best actress in a soap and Christian Jules LeBlanc of "The Young and the Restless" was named best actor.

The Daytime Emmys, which were televised on CBS, have lost wattage over the years after losing story lines like Susan Lucci's long losing streak. Its ratings last year were less than half what they were in 1997.

Slezak won her record sixth best actress Emmy. She's been on the show since 1971, and last won an Emmy in 1996. Eight actresses were nominated for the award, and Slezak said they all lunched together the day before. "I am so thrilled and humbled," Slezak said.

"All My Children" had the best haul of any daytime drama with five Emmys on Friday and last week at the non-televised awards. But its only major award on Friday's show was Eden Riegel, who has left the show, as best young actress.

Stockard Channing added a Daytime Emmy award to her prime-time Emmy and Tony awards. She performed in "Jack," a children's special on Showtime. "I thought nighttime was supposed to be hot," Channing said. "But daytime is where it's at."

Greg Rikaart of "The Young and the Restless" and Natalia Livingston of "General Hospital" both won their first Emmys for supporting actors in a soap opera.

David Yago of "The Young and the Restless" won an Emmy as a young soap actor. Wearing a purple velour jacket as he accepted his award, Yago tested the CBS censors. The audio was silenced for part of his acceptance speech. "Oh, my God," he said. "I should have been fired years ago."

Let's settle it in the kitchen: Chefs Bobby Flay and Michael Chiarello finished in a tie for the best service show Emmy.

Former newswoman and "The View" host Meredith Vieira won her first Emmy as best game show host for "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." "It's great to give away millions of dollars that's not your money," she said.

The voice of Elmo on "Sesame Street," Kevin Clash, was honored as best performer in a children's series; Oscar the Grouch accepted the award for him. Coupled with Emmys given out at the creative craft awards last week, "Sesame Street" won four times.

Henry Winkler also wasn't on hand to pick up his first Emmy for his voiceover work on "Clifford's Puppy Days.

Guest Tigress61
Thank God, Christian Jules LeBlanc FINALLY Got his EMMY!! Very long overdue, in my opinion, but I am grateful it was for the Best Actor, and not best supporting actor. And so happy Greg Rikkart got one too. He is amazing as Kevin. :D

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name