Chris Daughtry to LEAVE AI!!!

Well I beg to differ Neb I found this as proof of what I was saying thought everyone would enjoy reading all about April Fools. Please notice the website is not Canadian not that it matters.

Quoted from the following website:

http://homepages.tesco.net/~derek.berger/h.../aprilfool.html

"The first of April

is the day we remember

what we are the other 364 days of the year."

~By Mark Twain~

"The first of April, some do say,

Is set apart for All Fools' Day.

But why the people call it so,

Nor I, nor they themselves do know.

But on this day are people sent

On purpose for pure merriment."

~Poor Robin's Almanac (1790)~

This verse is recorded in Poor Robin's Almanack in 1760 and echoes the general feeling about April Fools' Day before and since.

A popular day, but really only half-day, for traditionally, jokes have to be played before noon, after which the victim was entitled to turn the tables by shouting,

April Fool's gone past,

And you're the biggest fool at last.

Some well known fools' errands years ago, included sending an unsuspecting child to a shop for some elbow grease and also to farm houses to ask for pigeon's milk, both items not true items.

The media also join in on the fun, and on this day, it is fun to watch out for unusual articles that cannot possibly be true. I shall always remember the news article about spaghetti growing on trees!

All Fools' Day as it was called years ago was, is observed in many countries around the world.

England

In the Lake District, an April Fool is a - 'April noddy'.

April noddy's past and gone,

You're the fool an' I'm none.

In Cornwall, an April Fool is a 'guckaw' or 'gowk', another word for cuckoo (a bird). If a child succeeded in 'taking in' another, he used to shout after him ~ "Fool, fool, the guckaw." On the other hand if the person resisited the trick, he would say ~ "The gowk and the titlene sit on a tree, You're a gowk as weel as me." Titlene refers to a hedge sparrow (a bird).

In Cheshire, an April Fool is a 'April gawby' or 'gobby or gob'.

In Christow in Devon, pranks had to be played in the afternoon. The day there was known as

nebartist sucks part 1

you got me

Suds... it was a joke. Nothing more, nothing less. It was directed at neb for his April fool's joke, not you. For example, see poptart's post. I have seen this happen to Jem on several occasions, before I became a mod. It is sad that mods here cannot join in on the posting because some are so quick to judge. :(

Suds... it was a joke. Nothing more, nothing less. It was directed at neb for his April fool's joke, not you. For example, see poptart's post. I have seen this happen to Jem on several occasions, before I became a mod. It is sad that mods here cannot join in on the posting because some are so quick to judge. :(

Hey JOE....get it...Hey Kool Aid...get it...Hey Joe...

ok whatever ;)

Archived