Big Love

mikede

okay, i just got caught up on these (aside from last nite's episode) and i'm wondering who will be the downfall of the family.....margie with her churchgoing's and cavorting with the neighbors, nikki with her horrid credit and garbage disposal purchases, the oldest daughter with her weird morman friend (who i swear sicced the missionaries on nikki), or bill himself, with his attempt to settle with roman???? oh, and would someone PLEASE shoot albie? he really gives me the creeps!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given I'm Mormon, I heard a lot of slander against this show from other members of the church. I had to see it for myself, and totally fell in love with it. It's friggen hilarious, sentimental, and all around good entertainment. I hope it airs for quite some time. It's great! There's never a dull moment, that's for sure.

goodness margie! poor girl! she doesn't know what she got herself into! and while i like that someone likes her........could they have picked a bigger dork?! c'mon people!

p.s. i'm still and episode behind, so i just watched a bbq for betty!

still a week behind....i just watched baptism.....BUT i loved it! margie....i'm so proud of you! benny, c'mon dude....she's really not worth it! and nikki....damn girl! you made me proud! i actually shed a tear after that episode! can't wait to see last nite's!

I really like this show aside from the fact that the family cannot have anyone. But the shows cast really memorizes me enough so that i dont really nitpick about it.

I know Nicki is not suposed to be likeable but there doing a good job with that. As humorous as the birthday party she threw was the more i thought about it the more i like her. Roaman grows my attention when he is on screen the more uneasy i feel. I am digging margeines relationship with her stepson its very real.

A few people told me I had to watch the show. Although I don't dislike it, I like shows like "Huff" better. Anyway, I've set my Tivo to record all the episodes I missed (they're airing on Tuesday & Wednesday). Maybe if I see if from the start I'll get into it more.

I've watched the first six episodes on demand - I guess I have about 6 more left.

I'm mixed about it - though I won't stop watching them, I'm not all that impressed with it. People say it's hilarious - I don't get . Story line is different and acting is good, but I fail to see any humor in it.

With that said, I have to see where the show is going....I'll continue to watch it. Since all the old hbo's shows are over and about to be over, I'm waiting for Entourage and Weeds to start. I really enjoy those two shows. :)

i don't know if i've seen this show as a "funny" show. i think its more on the serious side. margie does make me laugh at times, but its not a show that i sit and roll with laughter.

i like it because i see myself in all the characters and i love to see what they can get themselves into next. (it also doesn't hurt that i get to see bill paxton's buttocks all the time!!)

i think the show did a fantastic job of showing the character's growth and maturity throughout the show. God love margene because she didn't realize what she was getting into and when she finally did, i was so proud of her!! i actually cried when she wanted to be baptized!!!

anyway, i am anxiously awaiting the return of the show in the fall!

it has funny moments, but its most definatly a drama.

sunday is the finale :( tooo tooo soon, lets hope we get another season in 2006

Filming for season 2 is suppose to start in August.

Well, I'm hooked now. Up to #11 and I thought that was the last one-didn't realize the show ends this week. I am still not sure why I've watched all the episodes, because I find myself dozing off on some and having to go back and rewatch them to keep up to date. I like most of the characters except Nikki - I guess

Chloe does a good job in her role because we are suppose to not like her (or am I the only one who feels this way)

All in all, I will watch it next season and as a side note, though Bill Paxton is not the best looking guy in the world there is something very appealing about him. :)

Archived