America's Got Talent NBC

Dade

Courtesy of: NBC UNIVERSAL MEDIA VILLAGE

"AMERICA'S GOT TALENT" -- FROM SIMON COWELL AND THE PRODUCERS OF "AMERICAN IDOL" -- IS LOOKING FOR THE MOST TALENTED PERFORMER IN AMERICA IN UPCOMING AUDITIONS FOR NEW TALENT COMPETITION SERIES ON NBC THIS SUMMER

Published: March 27, 2006

Cowell to Make Special Appearance at Casting Search Kickoff April 6 in Los Angeles: Search Continues in New York, Chicago and Atlanta

BURBANK, Calif. -- March 27, 2006 -- America has talent -- and NBC's new series "America's Got Talent" is in hot pursuit of it as executive producers Simon Cowell ("American Idol") and Ken Warwick ("American Idol" and FremantleMedia) announced today the multiple-city casting search for the most talented person in America.

The legendary Cowell is looking for the next big discovery at the open calls for the series that will premiere this summer, and will make a special appearance at the casting search kickoff in Los Angeles on April 6. In addition to Los Angeles, the casting team will visit New York, Chicago and Atlanta.

" 'America's Got Talent' will possibly be the largest and most comprehensive talent search the country has ever seen. We are looking for performers of all ages in every talent category in hopes of finding that next big name in lights," said Warwick. "I am thrilled to be working with NBC on this project, as they have a long history of discovering major stars in America, and I am looking forward to a successful and fun show."

"This is the show I've always wanted to make," added Cowell. "We are looking for the best entertainer or entertainers in America."

"America's Got Talent" will feature a colorful array of hopeful future stars from across the country as they compete for a one million dollar cash prize. America's votes will decide the ultimate winner.

Singers, dancers, comedic performers and unique novelty acts of all ages will have a chance to strut and perform in front of the casting directors, who will determine which acts will have a chance to appear on the show.

The audition dates, times and locations follow:

• Los Angeles -- April 6, 7 and 8 -- Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, 711 South Hope Street (south side of Wilshire), Los Angeles, 90017. APRIL 6 -- official kickoff with Simon Cowell

• Chicago -- April 12 and 13 -- The W Hotel (Chicago City Center), 172 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL 60603

• New York City -- April 17 -- The Westin Hotel Times Square, 270 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036

• East Elmhurst, New York -- April 19 -- The Crowne Plaza Hotel (LaGuardia Airport area), 104-04 Ditmars Blvd., East Elmhurst, NY 11369

• Atlanta -- April 22 and 23 -- America's Mart, Building #2 (Atlanta Gift Mart), 230 Spring St., Atlanta, GA 30303
Prospects under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian and must have parental permission. In addition, all possible contestants must have: a photo identification; be a legal United States citizen, legal permanent resident or possess a current employment visa; and arrive at the audition in costume.

Potential contestants who are unable to make the open calls can apply online at www.nbc.com and click on "casting."

"America's Got Talent" is produced by Cowell's SYCO TV production company and FremantleMedia. Simon Cowell, Ken Warwick and Cecile Frot-Coutaz ("American Idol") are the executive producers. Jason Raff ("Three Wishes) is the co-executive producer.

Courtesy of: NBC, AMERICA'S GOT TALENT

New Talent Competition

Simon Cowell & FremantieMedia, the producers from AMERICAN IDOL, team up with NBC in the search for the hottest variety & novelty acts from across the country! Are you talented? Audition at one of our open calls for the chance at being Simon's next big discovery and a huge cash prize!

Talents of all kinds are invited to try out. Individuals and groups welcome, singers, dancers, animal acts, bizarre novelty acts, magicians, comedians, belly dancers...all ages...the sky's the limit!! The series is scheduled to premiere this summer on NBC. Don't miss your opportunity to perform before a panel of celebrity judges on television and to prove to America YOU have what it takes to be the next big star!

Attend An Open Call

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Regis Philbin To Host Simon Cowell's America's Got Talent

Emmy Award-winning television legend Regis Philbin ("Live with Regis & Kelly," "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire") has been chosen as host of NBC's "America's Got Talent," the new talent competition series from Simon Cowell ("American Idol") and FremantleMedia ("American Idol") that will premiere with a special two-hour broadcast on Wednesday, June 21 (8-10 p.m. ET). The regular telecast time of "America's Got Talent" will be Wednesdays, 9-10 p.m. ET; (30-minute results shows will air on Thursdays beginning July 13, 8:30-9 p.m. ET).

"Regis is one of America's most recognizable and beloved TV personalities. I couldn't be more pleased to have him as the host of 'America's Got Talent' working alongside Simon Cowell and the excellent team of producers," said Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

"For years I've thought about hosting a variety show on television but I could never put it together in my mind," said Philbin. "Finally, here it is and I'm thrilled to be a part of it." "I am delighted that Regis has agreed to host 'America's Got Talent,'" said Cowell. "Regis is just the best, and I am really looking forward to working with him." "Not only will Regis bring a wealth of experience and credibility to the show, but he will be the perfect mentor for all the fresh untried talent we hope to find," added executive producer Ken Warwick.

Cowell and FremantleMedia will bring the hottest performers from across the country to TV audiences in this new series that allows viewers to determine who will walk away with a $1 million cash prize. The series features a colorful array of hopeful future stars. Singers, dancers, comedic performers and unique acts of all ages will have a chance to strut and perform in front of a panel of judges who will determine which acts advance to the final rounds. (The judges will be announced at a later date.)

Philbin's vast and varied career in television virtually matches the medium's history. After a career in local news, he first gained national attention as sidekick to host Joey Bishop's late-night "The Joey Bishop Show" before moving on to become a popular fixture in Los Angeles with his own morning talk show, "AM Los Angeles." Philbin eventually moved the show to New York and also became executive producer where it became a national daily syndicated hit as "Live with Regis & Kathie Lee" and currently as "Live with Regis & Kelly" with host Kelly Ripa.

In 1999, Philbin hosted the hottest show on television with "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," an hour-long primetime game show that was telecast several times a week. Along the way, Philbin endeared himself to American audiences by hosting many specials and holiday events, including "New Year's Rockin' Eve 2005," "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" and "Christmas in Rockefeller Center," among others. He also is a regular fixture as a guest on the "Late Show with David Letterman" and NBC's "Tonight Show with Jay Leno," among many other talk shows. Philbin has guest-starred in such series as "Becker," "Mad About You," "Hope & Faith," "Less Than Perfect," "Spin City," "Caroline in the City" and "Seinfeld." Among his film credits, Philbin will voice one of the characters in the upcoming "Shrek the Third" animated feature due in 2007. Philbin won an Emmy each as host of "Live with Regis" and for "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire."

"America's Got Talent" is produced by Cowell's SYCO TV production company and FremantleMedia. Cowell, Warwick and Cecile Frot-Coutaz ("American Idol") are the executive producers. Jason Raff ("Three Wishes") is the co-executive producer.

• 2 weeks later...

ap_75.jpg

Judges Announced for 'America's Got Talent'

brandy.jpg

'America's Got Talent' Judge Brandy

LOS ANGELES, California - "America's Got Talent," the new TV contest that promises to feature a grab bag of singers, dancers, comedians and more, has an eclectic panel of judges to match. "Moesha" star Brandy, "Baywatch's" David Hasselhoff and British media figure Piers Morgan will be scrutinizing aspiring stars for the NBC series set to debut next month.

"We have three different judges from three different backgrounds. Expect the unexpected," Cowell said in a statement on Thursday, May 18. The program, from "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell and FremantleMedia, the company that produces Fox's hit singing contest, will be hosted by Regis Philbin.

The variety contest begins with a two-hour episode at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 21. It will air regularly from 9-10 p.m. Wednesday, with a half-hour results show beginning Thursday, July 13, at 8:30 p.m. As with "American Idol," the judges will decide which of the acts advance to the final round while viewers ultimately decide who gets the $1 million prize.

piers_morgan.jpgDavidHasselhoff.jpg

Piers Morgan and David Hasselhoff complete the panel of judges

Brandy is a Grammy Award-winning singer whose TV credits include the specials "Cinderella" and "Double Platinum." Hasselhoff, who was an executive producer and star of "Baywatch," is a popular singer in Europe and has appeared on stage in New York and London musicals. He's in an upcoming Adam Sandler film, "Click."

Morgan, a former editor of the London Daily Mirror, has hosted TV shows including "The Importance of Being Famous" and "The Death of Celebrity" and just started a weekly newspaper for children, "First News."

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Regis Has Got Talent

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss

060621insider1.jpg

Regis Philbin and Simon Cowell, America's Got Talent

Somewhere along the line, miraculous multitasker Kelly Ripa must have inspired cohost Regis Philbin to return to his own juggling act. Just as he did when he launched the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire phenomenon, Philbin will balance his morning Live with Regis & Kelly act with a prime-time reality show, America's Got Talent (premiering Wednesday at 9 pm/ET on Fox). Simon Cowell's brainchild will feature all kinds of contestants with all kinds of "talents"

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

America's Got Talent

Does America Have Talent?

After watching the first episode of America's Got Talent, I have real doubts. A lot of the "talented" people seemed to be singers, either groups or soloists. We've already got shows for those people - they're called Making the Band and American Idol.

I'm more than a little horrified that the old stripper guy will be back, along with his glow stick. That's just plain creepy. And what the heck was up with the woman and her pony and the two guys? She said it was shadow dancing and that it was about love, but I'm still confused. The impressionist with the Yoda and Shaggy... that was painful. Balloon man was just strange, but I liked the little Regis balloon he made. The pirate with the whistling thing: odd, but maybe he could hook up with the "God Bless America" woman. As for the inflatable cow, I don't even know where to go with that one. The little-kid comic was OK, but I wasn't as impressed as the judges were. I did like the ventriloquist puppet guy, and he didn't sing, so maybe there's some hope there. And the best non-vocalist act of the night? The puppies. They were so fun. Then again, I've always loved the animal shows at the circus better than the jugglers or anything else.

But I am loving The Gong Show aspect of this competition, although if I were the judges, I'd be a little quicker on the buzzer. David Hasselhoff is especially way too tolerant. And I think I might weirdly have a crush on Piers, who is always the first one to vote against people (even pressing David's button sometimes). Telling the sweet old harpist that he'd like her to play at his funeral was sort of a bizarre, backhanded compliment. He's like a softer, sweeter, but still-critical Simon, plus he's got a nice smile. Other than Piers, I'm not sure about this show in general, but since I'm not hooked on So You Think You Can Dance, I'll probably keep watching.

Posted by: Angel Cohn 06/22/2006 12:15 PM

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

America's Got... Really Strange Taste

For an Englishman, Simon Cowell sure does know us Americans. The premiere of his tacky America's Got Talent competition - which has a panel that includes perhaps the only critic in history less qualified than Paula Abdul, David Hasselhoff - was Wednesday's most-watched program, trouncing even So You Think You Can Dance. Talent averaged 12.1 million viewers who were not me. Except when Dance went to a commercial. Then I let the scary geriatric stripper enter my subconscious to give me nightmares for weeks to come.

Posted by Matt Mitovich 06/23/2006 9:37 AM

(I caught it in repeat last night, just as the stripper was getting Xed....glad I missed it!!I think Piers was a bit to quick with the button sometimes...he didnt give them a chance, it was like he made up his mind just bye looking at them.)

This is basically a badly re-packaged "The Gong Show". It definitely isn't taking itself seriously anyway- Regis Philbin? Brandy? DAVID HASSELHOFF??? I just loved his colorful vocabulary- "awesome", "amazing", "awesome", "amazing"...shoot me now...please.

Ah well, what with geriatric strippers, rapping grandmas, nose flutists, kiddie comedians and non-stop juggling action, it should be a big hit - we americans are so easily entertained... <_<

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Hasselhoff Has Close Shave

The Hoff accidentally severed a tendon with a shard of glass

June 30 2006

23550854.jpg

David Hasselhoff

"America's Got Talent" judge David Hasselhoff is hoping his surgeon's got talent.

The former "Baywatch" star was rushed to London's St. Thomas Hospital Thursday for emergency surgery after accidentally slicing his hand open, report news souces.

"David had just finished working out in the gym at the hotel where he was staying," says spokesperson Judy Katz. "He was getting ready to shave and bent down but when he stood up David hit his head on a glass shelf and it shattered. Some of the glass got into his hand and cut it quite badly."

She adds, "The fact that he needs surgery to repair a tendon suggests it was quite a nasty cut, but he's in surgery right now, and hopefully not in too much pain."

Hasselhoff, 53, is best known for playing a lifeguard in "Baywatch" and a pal to a talking car in "Knight Rider." He currently appears in the Adam Sandler comedy "Click" and a judge for NBC's "America's Got Talent" along with singer/actress Brandy and British journalist and TV presenter Piers Morgan.

I want to see more people get buzzed! I liked watching American idol shows early in the season because they tell people how bad they suck! Save the good stuff for later on in the show. Instead we get almost entertaining stunts and the judges take too long on whether they should go through or not, a simple yes or no would do! Some stunts are really good, but the judges let some bad ones go to the next round out of compassion.

Yes, seen that little girl singing on the show....she is AMAZING!!!

As for tonight...

got dinner and bath for toddler out of the way early.

Now its BB TIME!!!

pj's and a cold dr pepper.

Only 1 hour and 22 minutes. The anticipation is killing me. :)

HOLY CRAP!! That 12 yr old harmonica player was unbe-freakin-lievable!!

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Hasselhoff may quit America's Got Talent before season two because he was "conned ... into it"

America

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

America's Got Talent Results - Passing Zone Advances To Finals

passing_zone.jpg

In the fourth round of the semi-finals of America

I got tired of this show so fast, anyone still watching it??

I just think it is too much crap, and you cant have kids and adults competing against eachother. I also got sick of all the singers, yes they were good, but go do American Idol or something, I was hoping to see a lot of something different, but I got bored after they finished auditions, so I havent watched the past couple weeks.

Archived