The Unit

Stargazer

rangers_photo.jpg

From Executive Producers David Mamet and Shawn Ryan, THE UNIT is an action drama that follows a covert team of Special Forces operatives as they risk their lives on undercover missions around the globe, while their families maintain the home front, protecting their husbands' secrets. Jonas Blane (Dennis Haysbert) leads the Unit on missions out in the field and is responsible for taking new recruit Bob Brown (Scott Foley) under his wing. The Unit includes Jonas, Colonel Tom Ryan (Robert Patrick), Mack Gerhardt (Max Martini), Charles Grey (Michael Irby), Hector Williams (Demore Barnes) and Bob Brown, all highly skilled, trustworthy, brave and dependable soldiers whose ability to rely on each other is what creates their brotherhood. Jonas' wife, Molly (Regina Taylor), is the base matriarch who comforts and counsels the other wives as they cope with the fear and uncertainty they experience when their husbands leave home. Molly and Tiffy Gerhardt (Abby Brammell), a wife hiding her own dark secrets, help Bob's pregnant wife, Kim (Audrey Marie Anderson), acclimate to the stress of her new secret life.

Anybody catch this show yet? I like it so far. I love Dennis Haysbert originally from 24 (Pres Palmer). I also love how his wife is like a den mother to the newbies who come to the unit by helping them get thru the transition. Definitely has potential.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

The Unit

So if last week had me leaning towards naming Mack the best character on the show, last night definitely sealed the deal. The guy

• 5 weeks later...

my husband and i watch this show every week! we love it.

i like seeing the guys in the field and on deployment. i'm not a big fan of seeing the wives all the time though. seems to me, we have to deal with them more than the guys in the unit. i like kim brown, and jonas' wife (for the love of God i can't think of her name!) but i don't care much for tiffy.....she seems to be a bit too fake and about two steps from going over the edge! and what happened to the guy in the unit who kinda looked like sayid from Lost?? he just up and disappeared! and did anyone else lose an episode to bad network connections a few weeks ago??

my husband and i watch this show every week! we love it.

i like seeing the guys in the field and on deployment. i'm not a big fan of seeing the wives all the time though. seems to me, we have to deal with them more than the guys in the unit. i like kim brown, and jonas' wife (for the love of God i can't think of her name!) but i don't care much for tiffy.....she seems to be a bit too fake and about two steps from going over the edge! and what happened to the guy in the unit who kinda looked like sayid from Lost?? he just up and disappeared! and did anyone else lose an episode to bad network connections a few weeks ago??

My husband and I watch this show and he too said the same thing about the wives. lol he likes all the boy action but doesnt care for the side show on the homefront with the wives.

as for loosing an episode... i dont think we did :huh:

• 2 months later...

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m. The show was renewed for a second second and will remain in its timeslot.

07/05 - Episode 2.01 - Change of Station: Tiffy and Molly try to help a young boy, who was a student of Tiffy's a few years earlier. The team is on mission in Pakistan where they encounter a woman who's been undercover there for very long. She uncovered a plot for a terrorist attack on multiple cities. The team helps her foil the plan.

07/21 - Episode 2.02

07/21 - Episode 2.03 - Extreme Rendition: Bob Brown gets himself thrown into a Bulgarian prison to get to a man who was once in The Unit (when Jonas was a newbie). Molly is still being pursued by the woman who wants her to be a recruiter for the private security company. Kim organizes a yard sale. The women talk to a young soldier who wants to be a Unit operator, but he's still too young and hasn't passed selection yet.

Sorry, this is one I keep forgetting we have. I will do better in the coming season.

Please, post around me...I get so I feel I am talking to myself.

07/29 - Episode 2.02 - The Kill Zone: Jonas and Grey are engaged in combat in Paraguay and try to enter a room. Mack is working on shutting down a sniper. Col. Ryan delivers some bad news to a woman on base. Molly, Kim and Tiffy jump in to help.

• 1 month later...

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

08/17 - Episode 2.04 - Manhunt: The team is in Mexico chasing after a drug/warlord guy, who manages to get into the USA still. Kim's daughter Serena is approached by a strange man in front of her school. Kim reads out a PSA on the radio station because of it. Turns out the terrorist has quite a big plan, and the team is scrambling to stop him and his accomplices.

08/25 - Episode 2.05 - Force Majeure: The team is operating in an area where there was a hurricane, and they are looking for someone specific. They find him at an almost abandoned hospital, where they struggle to keep him alive. Molly seems involved with the Blackthorne company more and more.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched this show for the first time last night (made a tv schedule I know its lame but crafty at the same time) I kinda thought they were leaning towards Prison break in the begging sans the people not trying to escape but im not gonna pass judgment on the show since last nights episode saw someone escaping. I will wait to pass judgment after the 3rd episode. It had the same effect Heroes had on me. It had a couple twist and tourns that had me intrigued to see more. I thought the guy who socked the inmate was a badass haha. Its a good show i will have to turn in next week to see more.

09/04 - Episode 2.06 - Report... : Colonel Ryan faces a different kind of battle when in a Congressional Oversight meeting in Washington. Meanwhile, the team is in South America on a mission involving a corrupt oil minister. Molly and Kim worry about a babysitter.

09/11 - Episode 2.07 - Old Home Week: Tiffy gradually becomes involved in anti-war protests that are being held around the base. Molly and Kim try to find a few soldiers they saw on a picture dating back to the 2nd world war. The team is in Africa dealing with diamond smugglers.

09/28 - Episode 2.08 - Off the Meter: The team rescues a girl from a cult leader, but she's not happy at all with the situation. One of the women gets arrested. Her husband doesn't know yet when he comes home.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUT TAKE

CBS Orders More Units, Eureka Rediscovered

If only because you do not say no to President Palmer, CBS has given a full-season pickup to The Unit, which drew 13.2 million viewers in its most recent second-season outing.... Sci Fi Channel has renewed Eureka for a second season, to unspool in summer 2007. Eureka represents Sci Fi's first scripted, original series launch since the premiere of Battlestar Galactica.

Posted by Matt Mitovich 10/5/06 10:13 AM

10/05 - Episode 2.09 - Natural Selection: When Bob finds himself in a dangerous situation, we see flashbacks of him and Kim when Bob was going through selection. We meet a lot of the other team members too.

Archived