Celebrity Cooking

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Celebrity Cooking' Lays It on Thicke

'Growing Pains' star to co-host NBC show; Arnold, Ja Rule cooking

March 23 2006

22581582.jpg

Allison Sweeney

LOS ANGELES -- NBC has finalized the sorta-famous kitchen crew for its week-long "Celebrity Cooking Showdown," and the cast has a distinct "Dancing with the Stars" vibe.

The group includes an all-pro football player, a hip-hop star, a self-effacing veteran actor, a statuesque athlete/actress, a soap-opera star and a former boy-band singer, job descriptions straight from the "Dancing" playbook. In this case, those roles are filled by Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, Ja Rule, Tom Arnold, Gabrielle Reece, "Days of Our Lives'" Allison Sweeney and O-Town/"There and Back" star Ashley Parker Angel.

Rounding out the celebs are famously temperamental supermodel Naomi Campbell, reigning Miss USA Chelsea Cooley and country singer Big Kenny, half of Big and Rich. "Growing Pains" paterfamilias Alan Thicke and the Food Network's Sandra Lee will host the show; event planner Colin Cowie ("Everyday Elegance") and food critic Gael Greene will serve as judges.

"Our superstars [sic] represent a great cross section of our multicultural country and share every American's passion for food and cooking," says Ben Silverman, who's executive producing the show with Sean "Diddy" Combs. "That passion combined with a cooking competition will be great television."

"Celebrity Cooking" will air over five consecutive nights, beginning Monday, April 17. Three celebs will compete in a cook-off on each of the first three episodes, after getting a culinary crash course from one of a trio of famous chefs: Wolfgang Puck, Cat Cora and Govind Armstrong. The winner from each night will compete in the final kitchen battle on Thursday, with the winner revealed Friday. Viewers will be able to vote on the presentation of the finalists' feasts; those scores will be combined with Cowie and Greene's marks for taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: HOLLYWOOD.COM, NEWS

Campbell Pulls Out of Cooking Show

By WENN| Wednesday, April 05, 2006

HOLLYWOOD - Supermodel Naomi Campbell has been forced to pull out of pal Sean 'Diddy' Combs

Courtesy of: NBC, CELEBRITY COOKING SHOWDOWN

Celebrities are paired with famous chefs, with the winner of each nightly competition advancing to a final showdown.

Viewers will help decide the ultimate winner!

DAY 1: MONDAY, APRIL 17

celeb_tomarnold.jpgTom Arnold chef_wolfgang.jpgWolfgang Puck

Wolfgang Puck and funnyman, Tom Arnold work together in making a delicious meal that is nothing to laugh at.

celeb_chelseycooley.jpgChelsea Cooley chef_catcora.jpgCat Cora

Cat Cora and Miss USA, Chelsea Cooley team up to create an award winning meal that has both beauty and taste.

celeb_bigkenny.jpgBig Kenney chef_govind.jpgGovind Armstrong

Govind Armstrong and country superstar, Big Kenny will blend their talents to create an attention grabbing meal.

Wow this show sounds like it's gonna be a turkey. What excitement is there in seeing some hasbeen/unknown celebrity cook? Unless Tom Arnold loses a finger chopping an onion I think I'll pass on this one.

Thanks for the post Dade... I was wondering who the "celebs" were going to be and what the format of the show was.

Not sure if I'm crazy about the premise of this show but, I disaggree that they are all has-beens. Big Kenny is 1/2 of a hugely popular country duo called Big & Rich. I'm not a country music fan (hubby is) and they're really big right now. I think that's the current Miss USA so, I don't think you can call that "has-been" and Tom... well, I wouldn't call him a has-been but, he's definitely not an "A" lister celeb, imo. :) You're probably right about it being a turkey though StephenV... lol

Courtesy of: NBC MEDIA UNIVERSAL VILLAGE

NBC'S "CELEBRITY COOKING SHOWDOWN" GIVES VIEWERS THE CHANCE TO WIN A GE DREAM KITCHEN IN A WATCH AND WIN SWEEPSTAKES

Published: April 13, 2006

2INCbuN05.jpg

Live Interactive "Dream Kitchen Giveaway" Can Be Played on Cell Phones and at NBC.com

BURBANK, Calif. -- April 13, 2006 -- Viewers of NBC's "Celebrity Cooking Showdown" will have the chance to win GE Kitchen Appliances by playing the live interactive "Dream Kitchen Giveaway" each night during the week-long series event (Premiere: Monday, April 17, 9-10 p.m. ET, Series Run: April 18-21, 8-9 p.m. ET).

At home viewers will be able to participate in this live interactive contest via their cell phones or by logging onto the "Celebrity Cooking Showdown" website found on NBC.com/cooking. At different times during the show viewers will be prompted on how to participate in the sweepstakes. If playing via cell phone viewers must text message 51515 with the celebrity they think will win the competition. Viewers choosing to log on to NBC.com/cooking, also must enter their celebrity prediction on the website. A winner will randomly be selected from all the entries received. The grand prize winner of the "Dream Kitchen Giveaway" prize package will be revealed live at the end of the show.

Three winners will be chosen each night, one from each of the time zones across the continental United States (one winner in Eastern/Central, one in the Mountain time zone, and one in the Pacific time zone). The "Dream Kitchen Giveaway" prize package includes a GE 30" free-standing gas range, a GE Energy Star 25 cu. ft. CleanSteel side-by-side refrigerator, a GE tall tub built-in dishwasher and a GE Spacemaker 1.4 cu. ft. capacity microwave oven.

Viewers participating on their cell phones will be charged a fee of 99 cents in addition to their wireless carrier's standard text messaging rates and people playing on NBC.com will be able to play at no charge. The game is open to residents in the continental United States, excluding Hawaii, Alaska and Guam. Please log onto NBC.com for more information and the complete rules.

Hosted by television favorite Alan Thicke, "Celebrity Cooking Showdown," is a unique and exciting culinary competition from Reveille in association with Sean "Diddy" Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment. Each night three celebrity chefs will train side-by-side with three celebrities. After one-on-one coaching and a culinary "boot camp," competition will play out in real time in front of a live studio audience as the stars race against the clock in this adrenaline-filled event to complete their world-class meal. One winning celebrity will be chosen in each of the first three episodes and they will face-off in the finals on Thursday, April 20. After America votes for their favorite celebrity during the finals, the winner will be announced on Friday, April 21.

"Celebrity Cooking Showdown" is executive produced by Ben Silverman ("The Office," "The Biggest Loser"), David A. Hurwitz ("Fear Factor," "The Man Show") and Sean "Diddy" Combs (MTV's "Make the Band," "Run's House," HBO's "Bad Boys of Comedy").

Well the celebrity cooks tonight were Alison Sweeney, Tony Ganzoles and Cindy Margolis...with Cindy getting the highest points for flavor and presentation. Cindy goes on to cook again.

Courtsy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Cooking Showdown's Secrets Revealed!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060418insider3.jpg

Wolfgang Puck and Cindy Margolis, Celebrity Cooking Showdown

Each night this week at 8 pm/ET, NBC is offering viewers a taste

Courtsey of: NBC, CELEBRITY COOKING SHOWDOWN

DAY 2, TUESDAY APRIL 18

celeb_ashleyangel.jpg Ashley Parker Angel chef_wolfgang.jpg Wolfgang Puck

Watch as Wolfgang and singer Ashley Parker Angel attempt to make perfect harmony in the kitchen.

celeb_pattilabelle.jpgPatty LaBelle chef_catcora.jpg Cat Cora

Cat joins songstress Patty LaBelle in a magical duet of preparing the perfect meal.

celeb_gabriellereece.jpg Gabrielle Reese chef_govind.jpg Govind Armstrong

Govind and the beautiful Gabrielle Reese team up to create some amazing dishes and to win over the competition.

(As close as it is to show time they can't change the line on me tonight. B) )

how come Wolfgang Puck's celebrity student wins everytime?

When the show started I had a feeling that would happen and I even mentioned it to my family right at the beginning of Monday's show....

DAY 3: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17

celeb_tomarnold.jpgTom Arnold chef_wolfgang.jpgWolfgang Puck

Wolfgang Puck and funnyman, Tom Arnold work together in making a delicious meal that is nothing to laugh at.

celeb_chelseycooley.jpgChelsea Cooley chef_catcora.jpgCat Cora

Cat Cora and Miss USA, Chelsea Cooley team up to create an award winning meal that has both beauty and taste.

celeb_bigkenny.jpgBig Kenney chef_govind.jpgGovind Armstrong

Govind Armstrong and country superstar, Big Kenny will blend their talents to create an attention grabbing meal.

(EDIT: LOL this is not a typo. I have no idea what happened to Mondays celeb pics at NBC. :unsure: )

When the show started I had a feeling that would happen and I even mentioned it to my family right at the beginning of Monday's show....

Just goes to show you even Wolfgang Puck can only do so much to help a person out when that person is Tom Arnold :lol:

I'm so excited they have the recipes for all the meals at the nbc website. Weird though because Wolfgang Puck's also got the recipe for his Chinese Chicken Salad on his own personal website and the ingredients are slightly different. Kind of confusing!

DAY 4: THURSDAY, APRIL 20

celeb_cindymargolis.jpg Cindy Margolis chef_wolfgang.jpg Wolfgang Puck

Wolfgang and Cindy Margolis attempt to take their winning skills all the way!

celeb_chelseycooley.jpgChelsea Cooley chef_catcora.jpg Cat Cora

Cat and Miss USA Chelsea Cooley blend their talents to try to be crowned winners of the competion.

celeb_ashleyangel.jpg Ashley Parker Angel chef_govind.jpgGovind Armstong

Govind and Ashley Parker Angel take their winning cooking skills to the final round.

NBC cancels "Celebrity Cooking Showdown"

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC has taken "Celebrity Cooking Showdown" off its primetime menu after three nights of abysmal ratings.

The reality series was originally scheduled to run five consecutive nights beginning April 17, but the network shelved "Showdown" on Thursday with two servings still to go.

The show averaged a measly 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 demographic. Tuesday opposite "American Idol" was particularly pathetic, with NBC bottoming out with a 1.1 rating and 3 share in the 9 p.m. hour. "Idol" did an 11.0/31, by contrast.

NBC is replacing "Showdown" with repeats of "Will & Grace" and "My Name Is Earl" on Thursday and "Deal or No Deal" on Friday. The fourth episode of "Showdown" will air on NBC.com.

Hosted by Alan Thicke, the show featured models ( Cindy Margolis), actors ( Tom Arnold), singers ( Patti LaBelle) and chefs (Wolfgang Puck) in a "boot camp"-style race to complete a fancy meal as a frenzied studio audience cheered them on.

The NBC Celebrity Cooking Showdown site says "Final Competition Tonight ONLINE ONLY Starting 8/7c"

Looks like NBC had a change of heart.

Courtesy of: NBC SCHEDULE

SATURDAY, APRIL 22

Saturday, April 22

8:00 PM Celebrity Cooking Showdown EPISODE #4 All New

9:00 PM Celebrity Cooking Showdown EPISODE #5 All New

Archived