Episode 2.19: S.O.S. (Rose/Bernard-centric)

Jem

Episode 2.19: S.O.S. (Rose/Bernard-centric)

Airdate: April 12, 2006

Note: Reports said that the Rose/Bernard-centric episode would air in May but from the ABC info given for this episode, it looks like S.O.S. will center on those characters. Until we confirmation that it is not, we will assume it is.

• 03/23 - Rose is surprisingly and vehemently opposed to Bernard's plan to create an S.O.S. signal; romantic sparks are rekindled between Jack and Kate when they trek into the jungle to propose a "trade" with "The Others"; and Locke begins to question his faith in the island. Source: ABC
  • 03/22 - My Lost mole confirms that a May-sweeps episode will delve into the couple's backstory. And not only will we find out how the lovebirds met, but we'll discover that Rose has something rather surprising in common with Locke. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 03/21 - This May, the island elders Rose and Bernard will get their own flashback episode. Sources say we'll learn how the lovebirds met and that Rose and Locke share something very surprising in common. Source: TV Guide (March 27-April 7 issue)
  • 03/21 - Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals: We are going to explore more in detail and we're gonna find that [Rose and Bernard] have very interesting back-stories. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 4, May/June 2006
  • 03/17 - The episode will feature a 40-year-old Australian female named Lindsey. Source: SpoilerFix.com
  • 02/26 - [This episode features] Isaac, a well regarded physical therapist who lives in Australia. Source: SecretAgentMan at TWoP
source - spoilerfix.com

Promo photo's for S.O.S

normal_sos-promo01.jpg

normal_sos-promo02.jpg

normal_sos-promo03.jpg

normal_sos-promo04.jpg

normal_sos-promo05.jpg

03/23 - Rose is surprisingly and vehemently opposed to Bernard's plan to create an S.O.S. signal; romantic sparks are rekindled between Jack and Kate when they trek into the jungle to propose a "trade" with "The Others"; and Locke begins to question his faith in the island. Source: ABC

:o:blink: proposing a trade???? I guess that would mean that Henry really is an "other" and every creepy word he said is true.......or not...

Thanks again, Jem, for keeping us informed. What would we do without you? :)

• 03/27 - Guest starring are L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Wayne Pygram as Isaac and Donna Smallwood as Aussie woman. Source: ABC
source - spoilerfix.com

More promo pictures

normal_sos-promo07.jpgnormal_sos-promo09.jpg

hmmm...those photos look like they're at the airport before the flight leaves- very interesting....I wonder what we'll find out in this eppy! I can't wait!

• 04/05 - We'll see Vincent in next week's episode. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
Source - spoilerfix.com

LOST [LENGTH CHANGE]

Air Date: 4/12/06 (WEDNESDAY)

Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:04 PM EST on ABC

Episode Title: (#219) "S.O.S."

VIEW ALL LISTINGS FOR LOST >>

CORRECTION/UPDATE

AS OF FRIDAY, APRIL 7, 2006

ALL TIMES ET (UNLESS NOTED)

ABC TELEVISION NETWORK LAST-MINUTE PROGRAM INFORMATION

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12

9:00

AOL has a one short clip from this episode now available for viewing which answers the question of who is in the net and how they got there. You don't have to belong to AOL to watch the clip...

http://television.aol.com/feature/lost_tv

Is that a military vehicle behind Rose & Bernard? There seems to be a lot of military connections in the show. Do you think maybe Bernard was a GI...or maybe Rose? Hmmm....

:o No wonder Rose doesn't want to go home! :(

AND OMG! "Henry" is sooooo evil and creepy!

NOW Kate tells Jake about the beard.. to get back in the club! <_<

:o Rose knows about Locke!

And Saywer get's the dog.. :lol:

Things we learned tonight:

Rose & Bernard haven't been married for very long and were returning home from their honeymoon when flight 815 crashed.

Rose is/was dying of cancer (did anyone else besides me get a little teary-eyed when he asked her to marry him?)

The Locke/Rose connection revealed: both have been "healed" by the island and Rose knew about Locke being in a wheelchair.

There still are some definite sparks between Jack and Kate (she better not hurt my Jack! ;) )

Vincent is now hanging out with Sawyer....perfect!

Hurley and Libby are getting closer- shadow puppets...too funny :lol:

"Henry" really is an evil, evil little man. (the guy who plays him deserves an Emmy!)

Michael has returned...looking very zombie-like...

and Bernard definitely has a sense of humor, offering the funniest line of the night (to Eko):

"I think I liked you better when you just hit people with your stick." :lol::lol::lol:

Another well-written, expertly acted episode!!!

and Bernard definitely has a sense of humor, offering the funniest line of the night (to Eko):

"I think I liked you better when you just hit people with your stick." :lol::lol::lol:

Another well-written, expertly acted episode!!!

:lol:

And what about....

"Oh happy day. Here comes Dr. giggles." Sawyer talking to Kate when Jack is approaching.

blogs-logo.gif

April 13, 2006: Kiss from a Rose

While I am delighted about the return of Michael, he's one of my favorites, the image from this episode that I can't shake is the wicked grin on faux-Henry Gale's face when he realizes that he has caused Locke to crack. I'm not sure what the endgame is for these Others but that's just plain mean. But it was a way to get Locke to come out from his bunker and socialize with Rose at the very least. The two castaways who have most benefited physically from their trip to mystery island... at least as far as we know. What's next we find out that Ana-Lucia was blind for a while and now she can see? Have you noticed that they've really toned her character down of late, or maybe it is just because she is sort of on the fringe of the storyline and not the dominant and driving force.

Anyway

Oh yes, I forgot about Neil the "frogurt guy"! :lol:

I just had a weird thought...I wonder if Libby has been "healed" mentally by the island too? I mean, we haven't seen her backstory yet, where she was on the plane or who was with her, etc. Maybe she was mentally ill before the crash, but now that she's on the island she's miss intelligent. like I said, just a random thought...

Jem, I really like your latest bunny! :)

p.s. did this episode make you think of ranster too? :(

Well, if the island does heal... that would explain how Jin got Sun pregnant.

Anywho... I'm so Lost psychic! lol... As soon as the episode started.. the first thing that came outta my mouth was "Where the hell is Michael?" and who do we see at the end of the episode?? None other than our annoying loudmouth.

I do NOT want Kate and Jack to hookup. Good freaking god.. I can't stand Kate. I can't believe she tryed to justify her not telling anyone about those clothes. UUUUGH.. I can't be the only one that just wants to punch her ass out.

As for the Rose/Bernard story... it was sweet, but made Rose a bit less likeable to me. I dunno.. just her constant bringing down of Bernard was wearing thin and even after finding out why she was opposing him so much... it still didn't make her go back up in my likeable book.

I think Libby is really...really mental. Something about the way she cut her eyes at the very end of the Dave episode. I think she believes she is a doctor/ shrink but she's just impersonating and is really kind of schizophrenic, clinically, that is. Now that she's been off her meds for a while, she's started to regress...like Hurley.

Maybe the island helps some but hurts others...depending on what ails you.

Magnetic Personalities

by Scott Brown

Source

8361__rose_l.jpg

Rose believes she has been healed by the island

Rose and Locke have something in common: They don't want to leave the island that they believe ''cured'' them; plus, Michael's back! Okay, this one got to me. I can admit it. I'm secure in my manhood. For example, just dare me to shoot a rope in two. I'll do it, Jack-style, lickety-split.

But I don't want to suggest that this was any sort of Jack episode. Oh, no. We were reminded that our Jack is a cowboy, that he's got skillz and planz and a strategy for confronting The Others. (To wit: Trade NotHenry for Walt.) He and Kate hit the woods with a single pistol loaded with sexual tension. They end up in a net, grappling for the gun. My friend Liz notes: Rather than using ''one of Locke's 600 knives,'' they break out the firearms. Jack actually shoots them free! Hilarious. Finally, on the edge of the forest, they get a return on their efforts: Michael tumbles out of the bush in a heap. Michael! That guy who used to yell Waaaaalt a lot! He's back!

Charlie and Eko are building a church; Locke's drawing the blast-door map from memory and flirting with full-on button abstinence. Fine stuff. But not terribly important: For this was Rose and Bernard's episode. Rose and Bernard, mere cute-couple window-dressing until now, take center stage. They're not an old old couple. They're a new old couple, who met and married less than a year prior to the crash. Another wrinkle: Rose is dying of an undisclosed cancer. Even more mystifying: Bernard is... a dentist!(Okay, not so mystifying, unless you were wondering why everyone on the island has such perfect teeth.

Why was the happy couple honeymooning in Australia? Bernard was taking Rose to a faith healer named Isaac of Uluru. Uluru is the aboriginal name for Ayers Rock, the iconic natural mound of the Aussie Outback. It's a major point of interest for New Age types. (Go here for more on this magnetic natural marvel and its purported cosmic significance.) But Isaac can do nothing for Rose. But he suggests there's another place

Great Scott Brown article- I wish I had half his wit...

Regarding comments made about Kate, Rose, Bernard, etc., etc....

There are some characters I definitely like more than others, but I don't really despise any of them (I'm talking about the survivors of flight 815...not Zeke or Nothenry ;) ). The closest I have come to really disliking someone was Ana Lucia, but I do like the fact that they all display crappy attitudes and actions once in awhile. I mean, that's reality folks. It just makes them a little more human and people we can relate to sometimes...AND it also makes for a very, very good show!

I mean, we LOSTers are back every week, same LOST time, same LOST channel, trying to figure out such things as: Is Charlie taking drugs again, is Locke evil or good, is Libby mental or an "other", why is Bernard being such a snot to everyone all of a sudden (If I was dying of cancer, I would hope my husband would be snot like that on behalf of me any day! :) ), why does "sweet" Claire treat Charlie so badly, and could "sweet" Sun actually have slept with someone else besides Jin, yada, yada, yada. And the perhaps the biggest paradox- why, oh why, is someone so nasty, rude and downright unlikeable as Sawyer so darn likeable??? It comes down to this: he's a hunk, his razor-sharp wit is funny as hell, and we, the viewers, are privy to his backstory and have compassion for him despite his nastiness.

I just threw Sawyer out as an example that could probably apply to any of the rest of the characters. Ultimately, you may relate to Sawyer more than me, I may relate to Jack more than you...but that's just the absolute beauty of the show and one of the many reasons I love watching it so much!

Sorry for the long post...I just love discussing and hashing out the show each week with my fellow Morty's TV LOST fanatics! You guys are the GREATEST :D thanks for putting up with me ;)

:( Never leave a non-LOST fan to record your show!!! I can't believe I thought it would be a good idea to venture out on a Wednesday night!!! AHHH!!!! I MISSED IT!!!

Are there any sites out there that let you download recent episodes?

I don't have the eppy on my PC yet. If you can wait I can see what I can do for you.

Don't they have them on the ABC site somewhere? I'll go check that too. bbs ;)

:( Never leave a non-LOST fan to record your show!!! I can't believe I thought it would be a good idea to venture out on a Wednesday night!!! AHHH!!!! I MISSED IT!!!

Are there any sites out there that let you download recent episodes?

2 bucks on Itunes, or if your super internet savvy, you can DL the torrent

DL the hibbity-who??

Just kidding. Thanks Mike & Jem, I'm hunting for the goods.

I was poking around the ABC site and I can't figure out who is writing the diary now. Henry's brother? :blink:

Archived