Episode 2.22: Three Minutes (Michael-centric)

Jem

Episode 2.22: Three Minutes

Airdate: May 17, 2006

• 03/30 - Guest star is 'Mrs Klugh', a smart, interesting, edgy, powerful businesswoman in her early 40's. Source: SecretAgentMan at TWoP
  • 04/12 - Michael will be getting a flashback episode on May 17, during which we'll learn what, um, Others stuff he's been up to these last couple of months. Whatever it is he's been doing, I understand we'll meet a very different Michael than the one we left. Walt will also be back, and yes, he'll still be played by Malcolm David Kelley. I'm also hearing that [the] episode contains a great scene between Jack and Sawyer. Even better than the poker stuff. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
source - spolierfix.com

normal_3minutespromo01.jpg

normal_3minutespromo02.jpg

normal_3minutespromo03.jpg

normal_3minutespromo06.jpg

normal_3minutespromo07.jpg

normal_3minutespromo08.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the photos, Jem! Hurley looks pretty sad...something to do with Libby perhaps? Also, why is Kate's hair wet...just took a shower? Is this the episode where something is supposed to happen in the hatch? questions, questions, questions!

• A determined Michael convinces Jack and several castaways to help him rescue Walt from "The Others." Meanwhile, Charlie struggles with Eko's decision to discontinue building the church. Source: ABC
source - spoilerfix.com

• A determined Michael convinces Jack and several castaways to help him rescue Walt from "The Others." Meanwhile, Charlie struggles with Eko's decision to discontinue building the church. Source: ABC
source - spoilerfix.com

Now what would cause Eko to quit building the church?? This must be a lead in to the following week's Eko-centric episode. Does he lose his faith? See his brother (ala Jack seeing his dad)? Is this why he teams up with Locke in the following episode to find out the mystery of the "?" area on the map? I cannot wait!

Jem (or anyone else too!), have you discovered any info as to why the show is titled "Three minutes"? I'm very curious B)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but...

I may be a total meatball but someone please remind me, who is Christian? Is that the guy Ana killed in the parking lot?

Also, does anyone remember if the company Michael's wife worked for was named? I was wondering about her "illness" and looking for a connection.

BTW, I'm thinking they're calling it "Three Minutes" because they are going to jam an extreme amount of information (both useful & red herrings) into the final three minutes...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but...

I may be a total meatball but someone please remind me, who is Christian? Is that the guy Ana killed in the parking lot?

Guy in parking lot was Jason McCormick

Christian is Christian Shephard

Resided in: Los Angeles

Reason for Travel: N/A

Flight Seat #: N/A

Island Camp: N/A

Dr. Christian Shephard is the father of Jack Shephard. Although they've had a rough and disconnected relationship over the years, Christian in very proud of his son. Unfortunately, his weaknesses prevent him from sharing with his son how he feels about him. Christian appears to be an alcoholic. While performing surgery on a girl under the influence, Christian makes a mistake which results in the girls death. Jack was present, and at first agrees to go along with a cover-up plan. Then, during a medical board review, Jack changes his decision, and reports that his father was responsible for the death of a patient due to operating while under the influence of alcohol. Christian loses his license, and flees the country to Australia.

In Australia, Christian talks to a stranger at a bar. The person he confides in, is James Sawyer Ford. They drink together, and Christian convinces Sawyer to do whatever it is he needs to do to make things better - so he doesn't end up like himself. Soon after they part, Christian is found in an alley in King's Cross, dead from a heart attack brought about by alcohol poisoning.

After reading another site, there was also an actor named Christian Bowman

Christian Bowman was the actor that played Steve, and he was the guy laying in the sand in Homecoming. At the funeral, Hugo said "Scott Jackson", this could be due to a number of reasons:

1. Hugo never actually checked the body to make sure (most likely since he gets queasy)

2. Steve is a thief, and took Scott's wallet.

3. Scott killed Steve, and planted his wallet on Steve, and is now assuming Steve's identity.

In either case, Dustin Watchman, who plays Scott, is still on the show. He's been seen in a lot of episodes after Homecoming, but people rarely pay attention to the redshirts enough to notice this. And, the name "Steve" keeps coming up, and we are constantly reminded that "Scott is dead" (Walt, Ana/Jack, etc).

In my professional opinion, ladies and gentlemen, and that's all I have, I think they're building towards a Scott-Centric story down the line.

Not yet. But I did watch the Canadian Promo for Two For The Road.

A voice over says...

Courtesy of ABCMedianet-

The guest stars in "Three Minutes" are:

Malcolm David Kelley as Walt

MC Gainey as Mr. Friendly

Tania Raymonde as Alex

April Grace as Mrs. Klugh

Michael Bowen as Pickett

Written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz

Directed by Stephen Williams

I was just thinking that the episodes with Walt CANNOT be flashbacks because, from what has been reported in the past, he has grown older and has changed in appearance (and voice?)quite a bit. I think this would make it difficult for them to have Walt flashbacks, so I'm guessing that the Walt we see in this episode will be current events. What do you guys think?

It's gonna be hard to explain. In real life he is 14 (Born 12 May 1992 - Almost B'day time :) ). How old is Walt? Never mind I went and found it while I was typing. Walt was born on August 24, 1994. Kids grow leaps and bounds at this age.

We

• 2 weeks later...

Another Tail Section post.

What is the "Three Minutes" of the title? Nothing short of the amount of time Michael was allowed to see Walt after running into "the others". The scene is emotionally intense, and designed to dramatically challenge your sense of right and wrong when it comes to the love of a father who has lost their child. Undoubtely Harold's best acting ever on LOST.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Another Tail Section post.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Wow- that sounds very likely...can't wait!

Canadian Promo pictures.

lost3minutespromo001_0008.jpg

lost3minutespromo001_0007.jpg

lost3minutespromo001_0006.jpg

lost3minutespromo001_0005.jpg

lost3minutespromo001_0003.jpg

lost3minutespromo001_0002.jpg

lost3minutespromo001_0001.jpg

• 05/17 - The cast is rehearsing a funeral on the beach. There are five graves. The two most recent are open, and contain corpses of Ana Lucia and Libby, wrapped in gray flannel. Source: Newsweek

• 05/16 - In a clearing of crunchy grass, the nefarious Mr. Friendly (M.C. Gainey) twirls a bolo and barks at his fellow Others: "Don't shoot! We need him." Down in the hatch, Eko mops up Libby's blood and speaks of damnation. And as they load their weapons, Jack and Sawyer bond over the memory of Ana Lucia. "At least I get to kill somebody now," says Sawyer, cocking his shotgun with an emphatic crack. [...] Source: Entertainment Weekly

For TAR and LOST fans: I just found out that this episode will conflict with the final hour of the season finale of The Amazing Race, my second favorite show :(... oh how I wish I had Tivo! :(:(

ok, ok, don't rub it in... <_<

The new AOL clips for tonight's episode are now up, and you've got to see them. The dialogue between Eko and Michael (believe in hell) and Eko and Charlie (what about the church?) is brilliant...and my big question after viewing the last clip is, why is Michael so determined to have Hurley come on their journey to get Walt? It really makes me wonder if he is supposed to bring specific people with him :unsure:

Go to http://television.aol.com/feature/lost_tv

For TAR and LOST fans: I just found out that this episode will conflict with the final hour of the season finale of The Amazing Race, my second favorite show :(... oh how I wish I had Tivo! :(:(

Didn't have that conflict here in Mountain Time zone...:> Hopefully they will just kill Michael and be done with it. I never did like him.

For what it's worth, here are my comments on this episode:

I found it interesting that the Ms. EVIL Klugh didn't instruct Michael to KILL anyone; just set Nothenry free...plus we didn't see when they actually let him go to do the deed, so there is no explanation as to why he looked like he was drugged out when he ran into Jack and Kate.

Michael said "I want the boat"....what boat? Is he referring to the boat at the end of the episode, or is he talking about a different boat?

How many besides me think Desmond is going to be in the boat? <_<

I was rooting for Charlie - seems like a bit of a redemption episode for him! I loved seeing him chuck the heroin marys into the ocean, tell Eko off :D (what is with Eko anyway? He's weirding me out...) and then Claire making up with him by holding his hand at the "funeral"...Great stuff!

Is EVERYTHING an experiment? And where is Locke going anyway? I loved how he just left his crutches and walked away :) .

The biggest question I'm trying to figure out is: why that specific group of people? Do they each have a connection to one of "the others" (ie: Jack's dad, Kate's stepdad, Sawyer's....crime partner (the guy from T2 and Xfiles)?, Hurley....hmmm, maybe his psychiatrist (the guy from X-Men)?) Or do they just want to separate them from the rest of the group?

Well, there's one thing I know for sure....I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FINALE!!!

The Other Side

by Scott Brown

On a flashback-heavy episode of ''Lost,'' Michael makes a deal with the bad guys to hand over four fellow castaways in order to free Walt. Shall we dispense with the quibbles first? Yes, let's.

''Here's some mysterious serum for you and your baby. Inject it into yourselves. It's good for you. I'm weirdly sure of it.''

''Say, aren't you the chap who tried to steal this very baby a few days ago?''

''Yup, that's me, the quasi-clean horse addict with the voices in his head. But the smack's history, doll. I'll be throwing all those Heroin Marys in the drink later today, soon as the wonderdog shows me where they are.''

''Just checking. Okay, sure! I'll take a crate. And let's let barely bygones be barely bygones. Put her there, no-longer-estranged pal!''

Yes, Charlie and Claire are tight again, after Mr. Hugs Not Drugs made her the gift of some Dharma vaccine and a fancy pneumatic injector. She happily accepts the gesture (chicks totally flip for pneumatic injectors), instead of asking the usual boring questions. (What is this stuff, anyway? What's it for? Are you high right now?) Then there's suddenly pubescent Walt, but hey, what can you do about biology? (Stunt your child actors with growth-retarding ''Urkel juice'' is the answer, but it's not a pretty one.)

Yes, it's flashback time on the island again, but we're zooming back only 13 days now. Michael's ''lost time'' is finally laid out, front and center. He was taken by the Others almost immediately

I think the boat Half-crazed Michael was asking about was the motor boat used to take Walt in the beginning. He's convinced that the camp is legit and I don't think he understood when Walt said they were pretending.

Now with the introduction of another African-American character, could real Henry be Miss Clue's brother/ husband, etc. And what's with the name "Miss Clue"...I've missed a lot of clues, no need to rub it in.

I also think both Eko and Charlie have a mysterious new insite into the island. Eko KNOWS Michael killed AL and Libby. Why else would he tell the story about the boy and the dog...surely he has plenty of "Do you believe in hell" stories.

Now Charlie "finds" medicine with an injector and decides to wait and give it to Claire, other than take it to Jack and ask, "Hey, what's this?" Does Charlie still harbor such disdain for Jack & Locke? Did this knew found knowledge come from the encounter with the smoke (that has still yet to be discussed :angry: ) or did something else happen while building the church?

One more thing about Miss Clue...what room? And why didn't Michael ask? It was obvious the little hutches don't have room, so does Michel think she was talking about the hatch? If Michael was so gung-ho about Walt's safety, why didn't he fly off the handle. I know if someone had taken my son, then I found them and they implied that theyhad been torturing him, NO AMOUNT OF ROPES WOULD HOLD ME BACK. And why does Michael think they are going to kill Walk if he doesn't do what they said? It's obvious they want to keep Walt alive...I mean they haven't hurt him, they've just made him take tests.

Archived