There are only 4 real potential Apprentices

echo

I have been watching this show off and on since it started. It is entertaining and fun to watch as the most of the so-called apprentices are given a chance to self destruct with hardly anyone's help.

When they cast this show, it is intentionally stacked with individuals who are not Trump material. I figure there are about 4 TRUE potential apprentices in the show; the 12 others are there simply to be fired. Brent is an over the top example of someone who was given the chance because he would make the show entertaining. He has no chance to ever win. In the real world, Brent wouldn't have made it past Trump's HR phone screens. He very well made the show because was rejected by Trump's HR hiring team. No way in hell would they ever hire him, but he would be a good person to be on reality TV.

It is hard to pick out the true 4 apprentices in the first few episodes because the producers heavily edit the show to down play the strengths of the real 4 apprentices, and showcase the flaws of the people who were included in the show so they could be fired.

One trait that is obvious: if the apprentice looks like Flounder from Animal house, he is a goner. The Apprentice has to LOOK like success first, then ACT like it second. Bill Gates (Microsoft) would never have been an apprentice, he looks too much like a geek, nor Steve Jobs (Apple) another geek. A lot of actors would pass the first part of the test, but probably not the second part.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Echo, remember me? :o

Enjoyed your analysis! Yes, that does seem to be the format for this show - on the other hand, candidates that wait TOO long to 'step up to the plate' haven't done too well either, with the exception of Kendra because then they're seen as lacking initiative or something (or maybe it's because they actually do lack initiative or something, I don't know!)

But that's true there's still a bunch of candidates that haven't been featured at all so it's impossible to pick any frontrunners just yet . . .

Hey Echo, remember me? :o

Enjoyed your analysis!

Thanks, off hand I am not recalling any specific exchange. Maybe some time back relating to The Bacholar, The Apprentice, or Big Brother. I have been around much sense the end of Big Brother. I do watch a lot of Survivor.

As far as the Apprentice goes, they don't start editing the shows together until after they know who is the winner, that gives them complete hindsight as how to make the season more interesting, thus keeping the real front runners in the background and build them up towards and exciting climax. The hindsight allows them to make the sure the winner is the Golden Child from start to finish, if he\she is on the loosing team one week, they can fix everything in editing. This is also how Survivor works.

Overall, I think the producers and Trump are only looking at 4 different people from start to finish. Trump very well could fire one (or more) of the 4 before he\she makes it to the final 4 simple because Trump has seen enough. I suspect Trump decides on the winner long before the game has finished. The reason I say this is because a lot of high level executives, such as Trump, have the ability to size people (and situations) up extremely fast. That is why they are so good at what they do. But this is so-called reality TV, so what we are watching is created for entertianment, but it has very little to do with reality.

If this theory is correct, its a mind bender at this point. So far the trend seems to be boy, girl, boy, girl...so will we have a girl apprentice this time?

I can't see 4 standouts as of right now. Shaun has been featured a bit, but his speaking skills suck, he's nice to look at but seems good only at jumping on the bandwagon. Can't see him in the final 4.

Tarek, maybe but I have my doubts. Donald seems to have it in for him on some level. That could mean his days are numbered or it could be a way of grooming him for the big finale.

Lenny, whew! I just can't see him working with Trump. His outspoken manner was refreshing in the very beginning, but it could grow old really fast.

As for the ladies, none of them seem to be standouts at this point. On the other hand, as someone mentioned, Kendra was a little slow out of the gate too.

I can't pick out the true canidates either.

I also agree that an early threat to be fired from Trump is his way of saying "I see some potential in you (Tarek), but you better get you sh*t together fast"

Yes Lenny is definately cast as an individual to be fired. But he is entertaining to watch and that's exactly why he is on this season. I figure he has about 2 more episodes left, 3 if he is lucky to be on the right team (can't fire someone who is lucky enough not in the board room)

Also, we may never know who are the true canidates are and who are just there to be fired. The only one we'll know for sure is the winner. However, I suspect that the other three will be fired with some level of praise from Trump rather than a thrashing. In past seasons, Trump has fired people with some level respect.

I figure there are two true canidates on each team. So when trying to guess who the 4 people are, you only need to find two on each. Most likely guy-gal on each side.

I've always had the same theory, but with 2 potentials instead of 4.

It could be two. I figure that there might be as many six, but I doubt it; three on each team. 4 just seems to be a good number.

I read somewhere (about Survivor) that the players are contractually forbidden to talk about game factors that are to remain secret, such as the leak that Survivor uses stunt doubles while shooting recreations of games already played. Basically, Mark Burnett reality shows are like watching magic tricks. In the case of The Apprentice they pretend there are 16 canidates, when in truth there are only just a few. At least 2, I think there are about 4; two on each team; a man and women on each team. The rest are just to make the show entertaining and to see how well the real canidates deal with difficult individuals either as a leader, or as a follower. How does a good follower deal with bad leaders, and how does a good leader deal with bad followers?

Andrea's the only one I can make out thus far. My question is though, if she's already a multi-millionaire, why even be on the show?!?!?!

There is a pretty good chance that the producers asked her that question, and whatever her answer was, it was an excellent answer. I bet she is an extremely ambitious woman. You made the call first, so it will be interesting to see if she turns up the winner, or runner up. I figure the runner up is also a true candidate. If there are only 4, the other two could be fired at anytime that trump decides that the remaining true candidates are better.

I am pretty confident that my speculation is close to the mark. Anyway, for me it is much more interesting to try and find out who is cast as being a real candidate, and who is just there to be a patsy. Some of the patsies could be a close call for Trump, but during the interview process, they revealed executive material flaws that Trump found unacceptable in advance of the show. They were still cast for one reason or another, most likely their entertainment value. Can't have a show filled with buffoons and a few rising stars; makes the true nature of the show obvious.

Okay, it's starting to look like there isn't anybody left on Bryce's team that Trump would still consider a viable candidate after tonight . . .

Tarek - Trump thinks he is a screw-up

Charmaine - made WAAAAY too many mistakes she hasn't been held accountable for from hiring that awful comedienne, to causing her team to be 25 minutes late for their meeting with the Arby's executives, to missing the key characteristic of the new Arby chicken sandwich in the jingle

Leslie - Trump accused her of floating under the radar last week and she still didn't step up to the plate this week to become project manager

Lee - also hasn't stepped up to the plate

Lenny - Trump doesn't like him or trust him and is also not grasping for the PM position . . . funny :huh:

But from the other team yeah Andrea seems like a contender, and also Roxanne and Allie. Not sure I like that British guy - too slick or something, and he got all nervous and messed up the Grape Nuts presentation. Roxanne's one of my favorite contestants of all-time . . . go Roxanne!

Okay, it's starting to look like there isn't anybody left on Bryce's team that Trump would still consider a viable candidate after tonight . . .

Leslie - Trump accused her of floating under the radar last week and she still didn't step up to the plate thi

s week to become project manager

Bryce admittedly made himself the project manager the night before so he could hold that togetherness meeting with his team. On the down side, Leslie sat right there on the piano stool and helped with those lyrics.

Lee - also hasn't stepped up to the plate

Lee was PM the first or second week.

Bryce admittedly made himself the project manager the night before so he could hold that togetherness meeting with his team. On the down side, Leslie sat right there on the piano stool and helped with those lyrics.

Lee was PM the first or second week.

Oh yes thanks for the reminder . . . big kudos to Lee for taking the reins so early on - just a 22 year old fresh out of school or something and he volunteered to lead tough nuts like Lenny. Don't know whether it's because it happened so long ago or because it seemed like Lenny ended up making the key decisions that I forgot. But I also don't remember him making any big mistakes either, so maybe if he contributes a good idea the next couple of weeks that'll help him really stand out.

Yeah Andrea came off looking snobby and mean because of the way she talked down to Brent, but Trump didn't seem to mind so much (?) Hopefully he likes Roxanne more :)

I don't think Lee is a legitimate apprentice candidate. He is there to test others on the issue of religion.

Apprentice Test: How do the candidates handle an employee that walks out on a project because of his religious beliefs?

Do you hold it against them? What do you do? Just like Brent. Brent was there to test how candidates manage an individual with a disruptive\dysfunctional personality.

If I strongly believed in conspiracy theories, I would begin speculate even more about what is really going on with this so-called reality show behind the scenes. Honestly, I have a hard time accepting that Lee, being given a true chance of a life time, would walk out on two projects. I'm not suggesting Lee is an actor, but I do think there is more going on that we, the audience, do not know. Such as Lee might have been informed in advanced that if he chooses to leave a project for legimate religious reasons, Trump will not fire him during that project. In other words, "the test" was arranged in advanced by the shows producers, and Lee knew he would not be fired.

I don't think Lee is a legitimate apprentice candidate. He is there to test others on the issue of religion.

Apprentice Test: How do the candidates handle an employee that walks out on a project because of his religious beliefs?

Do you hold it against them? What do you do? Just like Brent. Brent was there to test how candidates manage an individual with a disruptive\dysfunctional personality.

If I strongly believed in conspiracy theories, I would begin speculate even more about what is really going on with this so-called reality show behind the scenes. Honestly, I have a hard time accepting that Lee, being given a true chance of a life time, would walk out on two projects. I'm not suggesting Lee is an actor, but I do think there is more going on that we, the audience, do not know. Such as Lee might have been informed in advanced that if he chooses to leave a project for legimate religious reasons, Trump will not fire him during that project. In other words, "the test" was arranged in advanced by the shows producers, and Lee knew he would not be fired.

Great points . . . but just to play devil's advocate against your '4 real candidates' theory, do you really think it's possible to predict ahead of time who'll thrive in this kind of environment and who'll tank? Like for instance, might Bryce have been one of their 4 who ended up being a washout whereas Roxanne might have been cast as one of the token minorities but has ended up being kick-butt awesome even though she doesn't apparently have any leadership experience. I will agree with your Brent assessment though - there was no way anybody could have ever thought he stood a chance.

Great points . . . but just to play devil's advocate against your '4 real candidates' theory, do you really think it's possible to predict ahead of time who'll thrive in this kind of environment and who'll tank? Like for instance, might Bryce have been one of their 4 who ended up being a washout whereas Roxanne might have been cast as one of the token minorities but has ended up being kick-butt awesome even though she doesn't apparently have any leadership experience. I will agree with your Brent assessment though - there was no way anybody could have ever thought he stood a chance.

I do think it extremely likely that Bryce might have been picked as one of the 4 real apprentice candidates. However, just because Trumps fires him, does not mean that Trump feels that the remaining members of his team are more worthy. If there are 4, (two on each team), then Trump could have decided that the other real candidates on his team is a better candidate. I don't believe the goal of the show is to have a face off between the 4 real candidates as the final four, just a face off between two of the four. Firing two of the 4 is most likely a based on what makes for good TV.

I agree that it is possible for non candidate to do better than the producers expected, but such a candidates would never win, because they have flaws, or under developed skills, that were already found during the shows screening process. In other words, Trump already knows he wouldn't hire them for reasons we will never know. A couple could of them could have made into the final screening rounds and just missed the cut. The show does need to have a few strong and talented people so the show is not obviously filled with people like Brent. Even a great manager can't get anything done if he\she has nothing but brainless stooges on the team.

I do think it extremely likely that Bryce might have been picked as one of the 4 real apprentice candidates. However, just because Trumps fires him, does not mean that Trump feels that the remaining members of his team are more worthy. If there are 4, (two on each team), then Trump could have decided that the other real candidates on his team is a better candidate. I don't believe the goal of the show is to have a face off between the 4 real candidates as the final four, just a face off between two of the four. Firing two of the 4 is most likely a based on what makes for good TV.

I agree that it is possible for non candidate to do better than the producers expected, but such a candidates would never win, because they have flaws, or under developed skills, that were already found during the shows screening process. In other words, Trump already knows he wouldn't hire them for reasons we will never know. A couple could of them could have made into the final screening rounds and just missed the cut. The show does need to have a few strong and talented people so the show is not obviously filled with people like Brent. Even a great manager can't get anything done if he\she has nothing but brainless stooges on the team.

I agree with your theory some of these candidates being cast for entertainment value rather than apprentice potential, just not sure about the '4' - what do you think about the number maybe being '8'? Since there can only be one winner for every task, sometimes people who are good but not as good as the other team get fired like Dan . . . Dan doesn't really fit well into the theory because he wasn't a great leader but he also didn't have high entertainment value. Like maybe Dan is extremely good at his area of expertise, but just didn't know anything about commercials so they have to cast '8' potentials as a buffer against casualties such as Dan - what do you think?

what do you think about the number maybe being '8'? Since there can only be one winner for every task, sometimes people who are good but not as good as the other team get fired like Dan . . . Dan doesn't really fit well into the theory because he wasn't a great leader but he also didn't have high entertainment value. Like maybe Dan is extremely good at his area of expertise, but just didn't know anything about commercials so they have to cast '8' potentials as a buffer against casualties such as Dan - what do you think?

There could be 8. What is clear is that not every one of them is there because they are the top 16 of the 10s of thousands that applied. I thought there might be as many as 6, three on each team. But I think 4 is the most likely the number. I don't think the show really needs 8 real candidates because all people on the show are highly screened in advance. Going through hours and hours of interviews and have a background check\probe as if they were being hired by the CIA. It also keeps the show simpler if Trump is looking at 4, and how those 4 people deal with problems and the difficult personalities that are there. In the real world of business the hiring manager wouldn't be evaluating 16 people, he would be given the top 2-3 candidates as the final interview. His side kicks do 98% of the evaluation, and give their recommendation. He might hire all or none.

I think that key tasks are planned out before they cast the show (ie jingle for Arbbys), and the show is cast so they have people with the proper skills\talent for those tasks to be completed successfully. They don't want tasks to flop so badly that it looks like some middle school kids put it together.

With regard to Lee and the religion issue, there could be something to him being a test rat theory.

Think back to last season. At one point, Toral tried to justify not wearing the Dairy Queen costume by using her religion, but she did it after the fact and it was a wash out. In the board room Trump did address the issue that religion is a justifiable out if addressed properly. Now here we have Lee (and initially Dan) who stood up and exercised their religious committments from the get go. Other than Lenny speaking up the first time, no one has really had an issue with it til Bryce grabbed on to use it as a backdoor excuse for bringing Lee into the boardroom. Trump didn't buy it.

With regard to Lee and the religion issue, there could be something to him being a test rat theory.

It is hard to really know how the show's producers planned it all out, and what was said to Lee and Dan off camera. I just think it is extremely suspicious for two people to get a chance of a life time, and decide to walk out for a entire day; two days for Lee. It is fishy enough to think there might be a completely false apprentice who knows in advance he will be fired, and he has a role to play (he is a mole) in this game. I doubt that is the case, but the way this show operates behind the scene, it does lend itself to the possibility that there might be a completely bogus apprentice on each team; they are their run little mind games designed by the producers. I doubt the producers would go that far because it would start leaning the show in the direction "The Joe Smoe show"; a big mind F*ck;

• 3 weeks later...
"The Joe Smoe show"; a big mind F*ck;

:o:D

he he . . . anyway, I'm so shocked that redheaded lady Andrea got fired! Thought for sure she'd make final 4. Wow that Allie and her little Charlie's Angel's posse is quite the schemer . . . ('there'll be blood, blood on these walls I say, blood!') :o:o:o . And that brunette's even scarier because she the only time she ever pipes up is to outcast somebody by saying 'they're not a team player', 'they are very difficult to get along with' - okay, so Brent and Andrea have their quirks but at least Andrea didn't miss the boat :P

I'm so shocked that redheaded lady Andrea got fired! Thought for sure she'd make final 4.

I am not surprised she got fired. I saw it coming from nearly day one. Andrea was the type that makes for a dominate leader over individual who follow orders exactly as they given (no feedback, no questioning, do as they are told and no more). I think she was intensionally cast as a person who is horrible follower; has a very difficult time communicating her ideas without trying to dominate the situation.

With this show what is hard to determine is when a person will be fired when it obvious that he\she is not Trump material. Undoubtedly, a lot entertainment factors are considered by Trump and the producers as to when a person will be fired. Clearly it is not in order of worst to best, or even who F'ed on the last task. Antagonistic individuals are likely last longer because they bring tension to their team and drama to the show. Personally I don't think Andrea was at fault for losing the last task, but it determined by the powers-that-be was her time to be fired.

The day we all collectively figure out the formula for this show is going to mark the beginning of the end for this show (if it hasn't happened already - lol). Another show-killer is the fact that there is such a thing as 'Trump material' or not 'Trump material' - lol. Like Trump has the habit of firing extremely capable people for not being 'popular' way before he gets rid of the deadweight like Michael - then there's that couple of weeks to the show where it just seems to drag because it hasn't gone from best to worst and it's totally predictable. I don't know . . .

PS I was watching the Miss USA pageant a couple of weeks ago which Trump also produces and Chad Hedrick (the gold-medal winning long-track speed skater) was one of the judges - hopefully this means he was chosen by fans as the Olympian to compete in Apprentice 6 - go Chad!

I don't even watch this show anymore. It's gotten so bleh. The first few seasons of Apprentice were amazing, I couldn't wait until Thursday night so I can turn on NBC (the only night I have nothing on TV) and watch the apprentice.

Season 5 rolls around, they move to Monday for some unknown stupid reason, and here I am... bored. Apprentice is just boring. I don't like any of the cast that's left. I stopped watching the minute Lenny left. I'm tired of Trump. I'm tired of knowing who he's going to fire before the boardroom comes around. I'm tired of him apparently never watching what is actually going on. Apprentice just.... it's boring now for me. It's not even about talent anymore, it's about how much you kiss ass.

In any event, enough of the rant, lol.

BTW, why was NBC stupid enough to try and compete with 24?

Edit, oh yeah back to the original reason I posted.

The day we all collectively figure out the formula for this show is going to mark the beginning of the end for this show (if it hasn't happened already - lol). Apprentice is down a whopping 41% this year!

Archived