Episode 2.23: Live Together, Die Alone (Desmond-centric)

Jem

Episode 2.23: Live Together, Die Alone (2-hour season finale) (Desmond-centric)

Airdate: May 24, 2006 from 9 to 11 p.m.

• 04/05 - We'll see Vincent in the finale. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
source - spoilerfix.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 04/05 - We'll see Vincent in the finale. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
source - spoilerfix.com

Yaay! Now the BIG question is: does he play a crucial part? :unsure:

Is Walt going to be with him? :unsure: (When I think of Vincent I think of Walt. :) )

Hey I found Walt. He was on My Name is Earl last week
LOL
  • 04/11 - Guest stars for season finale: Cameron, British (Rupert Murdochish) 50, rich steel tycoon, ruthless, competitive, protective of his daughter; Penelope, late 20's, beautiful, strong, daughter of Cameron, wants a simple life, to fall in love and start a family. Though she has no interest in her family's money she eventually uses it to get what she wants. Source: SecretAgentMan at TWoP
source - spoilerfix.com

Found this at The Tail Section. I missed The View yesterday. :(

"Naveen Andrews was on The View, and he said that there would be a huge, gory incident (paraphrasing) before the end of the season, something that would surprise people. (If anyone else saw it and has the actual quote, please share)": Source: Naveen Andrews on The View

i wonder how Walt came to own Vincent. . . . that there might be a story in itself

I think this was answered in the first season. Vincent used to belong to his step-dad, but when Michael came to get Walt, he told Walt that the step-dad wanted Walt to have him. If you meant how the step-dad came to own Vincent...yeah, that WOULD be interesting!

I think this was answered in the first season. Vincent used to belong to his step-dad, but when Michael came to get Walt, he told Walt that the step-dad wanted Walt to have him. If you meant how the step-dad came to own Vincent...yeah, that WOULD be interesting!

yeah, thats what i was thinking . . . . im sure we havent heard the last of him either . . .

• 04/15 - The episode will feature two foreign computer technicans working in a remote drilling station.
Source: SpoilerFix.com

These are from lost-media.com. The person that posted them didn't source the pictures. So who knows. The church is there and two new graves.

But then I also read this at The Tailsection.com

There is a pack of moles on a mission to spread an insane amount of spoilers, except their information isn't even true. I've even heard rumors that some fake set photos will be "leaked" as we get closer to the finale, along with bogus casting sides.

Lost2graves4.jpg

Lost4.jpg

• 04/18 - In flashback that is set in 2000 in L.A., Libby buys Desmond coffee and offers him her boat. Charlie and Eko enter the hatch to get dynamite. Rose and Locke have a chat. Later in the episode, we see Desmond lying on the beach shore, waking up, being caried to the hatch, and Desmond and Kelvin walking through the jungle. While in prison (not sure if it's on island or flashback), Windmore tells Desmond off. There will be one scene of Desmond in the stadium. Dr. Candle will appear.] Source: Aloha Oe and call sheet at SurvivorSucksForum
source - spoilefix.com
  • 04/19 - The two-hour finale is basically one big Desmond flashback. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
source - spoilerfix.com

AWESOME NEWS! "Live Together, Die Alone"... I'm wondering if this will refer to Desmond and Kelvin (flashback) AND also someone(s) from the group of flight 815 (present time).

Libby is connected to Desmond :blink: ...could she be the one in the photo with him? I don't remember what the girl looked like...anyone?

"Windmore tells Desmond off in prison"....do they mean Widmore, as in Widmore pharmaceutical/industries??

AHHH! I cannot wait!

Libby is connected to Desmond :blink: ...could she be the one in the photo with him? I don't remember what the girl looked like...anyone?

Refresh my memory and I go hunting for a picture. :)

Refresh my memory and I go hunting for a picture. :)

I think it was in the first episode of the second season. There was a quick shot of someone-Locke? Jack? looking at the photo down in the hatch. Sorry I'm not more help. This was something I didn't focus on at the time and I've since taped over that episode :( . I know for awhile it seemed like there was some speculation as to who it might be...the girl on The Others boat, Jack's wife, the woman scientist, etc., but nothing was ever mentioned about Libby at the time, so I just was curious since Libby looked quite a bit different when she was in the mental institution.

LOL, That's why I have them on my PC. So I can make pictures if I can't find the exact one I want. If someone else finds it before then. Great. If not, I'll get it for you. Not sure how long it will take. Busy day today. But I will get it before the next show is on. I mean we have enough time. :rolleyes:

Woo hoo, you're the bomb, Jem!!

Nope, it's not her...but now we know! :)

E! Online News

"Lost" Star Finds New Show

cynthia_watros_160.jpg

And another one bites the dust?

Try as the Lost writers might to keep a lid on series-shifting spoilers, when one of its stars is tapped to join another TV show, it would seem that that person's fate on the island is pretty much sealed.

(SPOILER ALERT: If you aren't interested in hearing about a possible death on Lost, read no further. And avoid the Internet for the next four weeks.)

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Cynthia Watros, who plays Hurley's love interest, Libby, has been cast in a CBS comedy pilot, calling into severe question her chances of making it out of Lost's second season alive.

Watros has signed on to star opposite Love Monkey's Tom Cavanagh in the sitcom My Ex-Life, centering on a divorced couple turned best buds who are sharing custody of their children. The show is aiming for a slot on CBS' fall schedule, which will be announced next month.

In what appears to be attempt to minimize revealing Lost plot points, the Reporter notes that Watros has committed to be a guest star and not a regular on the show. However, with her character being one of the two divorced parents in My Ex-Life, it seems that the guest star line is just a smoke screen.

Per usual, Lost producers aren't talking. They've already killed one regular this season--Shannon (Maggie Grace) was mistakenly gunned down by Ana-Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez)--but with tension mounting between the so-called Lostaways and the Others, it would be surprising if there wasn't at least one more grave to be dug on the island.

Watros is one of three full-time cast members to have joined Lost this season, along with Rodriguez and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko). The three were among the "Tailies," those who were in the rear of the plane and survived on the other side of the island.

Fans, for one, have long been speculating on who would be the next Tailie to go, with early rumor-mongering centering on Rodriguez as the marked woman. Rodriguez and Watros were both arrested on DUI charges last year. Watros copped a plea and lost her license, but Rodriguez, who faces potentially more serious legal trouble because she's on probation in another case, decided to fight the rap and is set to go to trial next week. Tabloid reports have suggested that Rodriguez is a disruptive force on the set, and her character has never endeared herself to Lost's die-hard fans after killing Shannon.

But producers sought to quell predictions of Ana-Lucia's demise--or at least create a misdirection--saying that her personal life would not affect her tenure on the show.

Further suggesting that Watros may be, well, lost forever, is the industry precedent of offing stars who land pilot gigs on other networks.

The most notable would be Drea de Matteo, who, despite proclamations to the contrary, met her demise on The Sopranos shortly after signing on to Joey. More recently, 24's Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer) announced last year he had joined the CBS drama The Unit. By the end of this season's first episode, President Palmer was dead.

Lost ends its second season with a special two-hour finale May 24. In the meantime, pray for Libby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 04/28 - After discovering something odd just offshore, Jack and Sayid come up with a plan to confront "The Others" and hopefully get Walt back. Meanwhile, Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the "button" and the hatch. Source: ABC
source - Spoilerfix.com

Lost and Alias Finale News

Fred Topel

J.J. Abrams talks about the series finale of Alias and the season finale of Lost in a conference call for Mission Impossible 3.

In a conference call promoting Mission: Impossible III, J.J. Abrams addressed our interest in the series finale of Alias and the season finale of Lost. With Alias ending perhaps before its time, Abrams still has found no difficulty tying up all of the show

Abrams: Lost Finale Will Shock

Source

J.J. Abrams, co-creator of ABC's hit SF series Lost, told SCI FI Wire that this year's season-ending cliffhanger will be even more powerful than last year's. Abrams, who took some time off to direct Mission: Impossible III, said that his co-creator for the series, Damon Lindelof, has an ending that surprised even him.

"I can tell you that Damon Lindelof has done just that," Abrams said in a conference call interview. "The ending of this year in Lost blows the ending of last season out of the water. It's an incredible finale. You'll see what happens, but I can tell you that a lot of it has been there and been building from the beginning of this season. It's not out of the blue, but what happens at the very end of this year, for me, it's the greatest finale I have ever heard."

Now that Abrams has finished Mission: Impossible III, he said: "I look forward to going back to Lost, although, ultimately, I hope to do both [TV and films]. It was an amazing experience doing this movie. If they'll have me back to direct another movie, I'd love to do one." Abrams is currently attached to an 11th Star Trek film.

Could there be a possibility of a Lost movie? Abrams laughed. "I think we make it every week," he said. "I honestly don't know what else we would do. There have been discussions of all different types of things Lost, but it feels to me like the ambition at least has been [with] the production of that series ... to try to make a little movie every week."

Producers of Lost, meanwhile, kicked off the alternate-reality game The Lost Experience with a commercial for the Hanso Foundation inserted into the May 3 episode, "Two for the Road." The ad contained a phone number for the fictitious and mysterious foundation, 1-877-HANSORG, which led viewers to recorded messages with clues. Disney, which owns ABC and produces Lost, has also completely revamped the Hanso Web site with Flash-enabled features and buried game elements.

At the same time, Hyperion (a unit of Disney) has released Bad Twin, a detective mystery by Gary Troup and the manuscript that Sawyer (Josh Holloway) was seen reading in this week's episode. Troup is a fictitious character who was on Lost's ill-fated Ocean Flight 815, but the book is real: Hyperion has ordered an initial printing of 365,000 copies, and after this week's Lost episode, the book went from 311 to 67 on Amazon.com's best-seller list.

The Lost season finale, "Live Together, Die Alone," will air May 24 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Here's how ABC describes it: After discovering something odd just offshore, Jack (Matthew Fox) and Sayid (Naveen Andrews) come up with a plan to confront the Others and, hopefully, get Walt back. Meanwhile, Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) and Locke (Terry O'Quinn) come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the button and the hatch.

• 05/08 - Guest starring are Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Sam Anderson as Bernard, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Clancy Brown as Kelvin Inman, Tania Raymonde as Alex, April Grace as Ms. Klugh, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Stephen Page as Master Sergeant, Michael Bowen as Pickett, Sonya Walger as Penelope, Len Cordova as man no. 1, Alex Petrovitch as man no. 2, Eyal Podell as young man and Cathy Foy as receptionist. Source: ABC
Source - Spoilerfix.com

From The Tail Section.

CIA Agent Inman, from the Sayid Centric episode "The Whole Truth", is indeed Kelvin. Now, the question this raises is this:

Is Kelvin/Inman the mysterious HIM? It has been rumored for months that Clancey Brown was returning in the finale as Kelvin. Other accounts had him returning as the mysterious "him", of "are you him?" and "He is a great man." fame. Could both be true?

Does this mean my dream that Clancey Brown joins the cast of LOST as the featured baddie, has come true? Looks like we are going to find out!

The man playing Widmore is none other than 24 game's Vice President, and, perhaps more notably, OC's Caleb: Alan Dale. Further evidence of the LOST crew's excellent taste in casting!

ocseasontwo1.jpg

For a look at the Lost - Dharma Camp CLICK HERE

Alan Dale as "Charles Widmore", eh? In the book "Evil Twin", there's a character named "Cliff Widmore"...hmmm....

Clancy Brown is Kelvin??! I knew that guy would have a pivotal role!

...and here is a pic of Tania Raymonde aka Alex (Rousseau's daughter?):

...and last but not least, April Grace aka "Ms. Klugh":

It's funny. On one hand I WANT to see the finale. On the other I don't cause it means waiting for next season.

Alan Dale is Australian. I grew up with him on an Aussie soap. Useless info :)

To further confuse me. Sledge has Inman listed as Joe.

Resided in: Unknown

Reason for Travel: N/A

Flight Seat #: N/A

Joe Inman appears to be a CIA Operative working in Iraq during the Gulf War. When Sayid is captured in Kuwait, Inman uses Sayid in order to get information from Sayid's commanding officer, Tariq. Inman shows Sayid a video of Tariq using Sarin gas on a village in Iraq which Sayid's relatives lived in. By doing so, he convinces Sayid to torture Tariq in order to find out where a missing US pilot is located that was believed to have been captured by Tariq. Sayid is successful in obtaining the information, and is later released by Inman because the Americans are moving out of Iraq, since Sadaam is back in power. Inman tells him, "Guess you're lucky you have a new skill set you can use... One of these days there will be something you need to know. And now you know how to get it." Sayid vows never to use means of torture again. Inman gives him bus fare back to Ramaldi and left in the convoy with SGT Sam Austen.

Archived