Exile Island: Week 7

mikede

OK Rejuv I agree with you... I now see what you are saying... I do try to be careful, but I wasn't looking at things that way... Sorry again for that... Suds I also agree with you that it's not a bad idea to reveal the idol... That way they will know they have to get him off and find a way to do so... THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, based on game play nothing more...

That's one thing that's being discussed all over Rejuv... The fact that it looks like Terry could be the one really deciding who is the next to go when he plays that idol... I could sort of see Austin flipping to the other side after Terry didn't get down so he could win immunity, so if he does and Terry and Sally vote one way then it really is Terry deciding...

I think Terry is in one heck of a position... This is just a what if... What if Terry wins immunity next week and they all know he has the idol and it's no use to try and vote him off... So they then go after one of his group... He gives the immunity necklace to them thus keeping the idol and the vote for his team mate is null too... Now that might not save the other team mate, but it would save one of them... Then the next week it happens the same way, except this time the other group has no choice, but to vote off one of their own... Hopefully it would be Shane... That's pretty powerful in my opinion... Now this is only a what if and I am not in anyway implying this is what happens...

Oh.. so the person with the next highest amount of votes is the one that gets kicked off?

Damn... Terry went down a few pegs there....... We could've gotten rid of SHANE BLEH... makes me sick just typing that name out.......,

I could be wrong about this, but I was thinking that when they explained the hidden immunity idol, they said when the person used it, after the vote, that the person that was voted off is who ever the idol holder had voted for. :unsure:

I can see why he didn't use it..... it's a selfish game and you gotta look out for #1 no matter what.....

But just the possibility of Shane going home....... SIGH.......... I'm going to jump up and cheer when that happens..... god I hope it does.

We've been waiting 3 long weeks, for this 'Medical Emergency that could take a player out of the game'. . . . . . WTF!!! If that was Bruces lips thing, thats ridicolous. Im tired of CBS and their fake promos!!!! Damn.

I was wondering that too, I mean in the preview we saw someone being carried on a stretcher - did they edit that into the preview, just for shock value or thinking it would bring in more viewers?? I mean I would have watched it even if there was no "medical emergency" because I am a fan and watch it every week - but dont give us fake previews, trying to peak our interests, instead we are just mad/disapointed now lol!

No Blackcat I think someone will be leaving due to medical emergency, by stretcher... It just didn't happen this week, but will in an upcoming episode...

No Blackcat I think someone will be leaving due to medical emergency, by stretcher... It just didn't happen this week, but will in an upcoming episode...

Yana, I don't mean this in a mean way but could you please not mention future events. You've made it very clear that you have read all the spoilers. While you might not think you are giving anything away, you are.

Please discuss things that have happened and have been shown, but since you already know what will happen will you please be wary of "predicting the future."

Thanks!

Yana, I don't mean this in a mean way but could you please not mention future events. You've made it very clear that you have read all the spoilers. While you might not think you are giving anything away, you are.

Please discuss things that have happened and have been shown, but since you already know what will happen will you please be wary of "predicting the future."

Thanks!

This is also driving me nuts too. It appears to me Yana knows who wins, so everything she posts reeks with inside infomation about what is going to happen. I am concluding she knows who will be evicted each week so she had 100% hindsight into each episode and how it impacts the game in the future. With hind sight it easy to know if Terry made the right move this week to get him to the final 4 or not. What about speculation about Austin flipping? What appears right\wrong in the last epsisode, may not be the case the following week. The producers like to edit the show in a way that is misleading from week to week, but still have a common threads once it is reaches the end. In hindsight you can see how it all fits together and makes sense.

I have not followed her posts closely enough to know who she is or isn't expecting to win, and I don't want to know. Based on what has been posted today, she posting a lot of hints as what to expect.

UM I went back and said that I was sorry for posting things today that may have been misleading or somehow given the impression that someone was going to be on the show longer... I said I believe it will happen in a later show and not that it will happen, but even that's not good enough... What the hell is wrong with saying that I think SOMETHING is going to happen, because CBS has shown that someone will be leaving due to medical emergeny? How is that a spoiler? Tell me please... CBS showed it before I said I BELIEVE it will happen... Just for the record too NO-ONE knows who won this season... I have never claimed that I do either... Like I stated everywhere starting today things that I am posting are my opinion based on what I see from game play NOT based on spoilers... If that's not good enough then fine... What the hell am I supposed to do not talk about it with you all? Is that really at all fair after I have said that I WON'T post anything that I believe to be spoilerish... What I post here is only my opinion based on what I am seeing on the TV each week, not what I know from spoilers...

OK Now that I have cooled off a bit about the F word being used here I just want to say this... I am sorry to have blown up... When I posted that post about believing someone was leaving the game later due to a medical emergency it was based only on the preview... What I meant was that based on the preview I THOUGHT that someone either gets sick or has a serious accident later on in the game and had to be medivaced out... the post wasn't based on what I know through spoilers... If someone is taken out of the game due to a medical emergency then I was right to think that CBS wouldn't fool us that way... I was only taking up for CBS and their editing of that clip, not saying in anyway that this would happen... Sorry if it was mistaken... From now on I will make sure to start every post here off with this is based on game play, previews, ect.

I have a question - Am I dreaming or did someone say, maybe even Jeff, that the person who got the hidden immunity idol was guaranteed to make it at least to the final four??? I 'm almost positive someone said this on the show.

I have a question - Am I dreaming or did someone say, maybe even Jeff, that the person who got the hidden immunity idol was guaranteed to make it at least to the final four??? I 'm almost positive someone said this on the show.

Jeff said that the idol can be used UP TO the final 4. If the idol is not used before the final 4, then the idol has no power to save the owner from being vote out of the game.

Now I am feeling a little bad about getting Yana case. She seem like a nice and well meaning person. I just can't see how a person can honestly\freely speculate on what is going to happen when they have a lot of spoiler info. If a person knows who is in the final 4, the final 2, or even who as won the game, how can that NOT influence their current speculation of the latest episode and upcoming episodes.

Too be fair, I do understand that coming here and reading\debating\commenting on Surivor, is risking reading spoiler info, At least Yana is being honest and not trying to hide the fact she knows some info. A troll could post a lot of spoiler info under the pretense of speculation. Ie 'speculate' that the final 4 would be Fred, Ethel, Lucy, and Desi, based on spoiler info that has been confirmed to be true. Reforced with multiple posts over time, it would stick in people's minds and they would also start thinking along those lines simply because they keep reading it as speculation.

I just can't see how a person can honestly\freely speculate on what is going to happen when they have a lot of spoiler info. If a person knows who is in the final 4, the final 2, or even who as won the game, how can that NOT influence their current speculation of the latest episode and upcoming episodes.

I think this is most everyone's concern echo.

Too be fair, I do understand that coming here and reading\debating\commenting on Surivor, is risking reading spoiler info,

This is why there have been spoiler threads specifically set up. Those of us who choose not to speculate or be tipped off don't have to read it.

Unfortunately, I think the die is cast. No matter what Yana posts, because she has been so vocal about seeking out spoiler info, its going to be preceived as insider info. Obviously with so many sites out there touting what they believe is the inside scoop, there's a great audience for it. There are those of us though who come here in good faith that we can think and debate and conjure up our own what ifs who don't want to hear the spoiler stuff. For me, whole concept of these shows is similar to a fun murder mystery, I don't want to know the end, if I did I'd flip to the last page. Getting there is where all the fun and intrigue is.

As far as this one goes, all CBS had to do was add one little phrase to the advertising and all this frustration could have been avoided:

Show the appropriate clips of the episode we were to see after the three week break, followed by....and in future episodes (insert appropriate clips)..............

They didn't do that though, they wanted to assure we would not lose interest during the basketball break so the baited us with potential blood and guts and we fell for it, again.

Yana in response to your above post I have to say you peaked my interest on what you had and had not said. I think the problem that everyone is having with your posts is that you insinuate things and make it sound as if you know how everything will unfold.

Suds.....Always the voice of reason! B)

OK I am understanding more what you all are talking about after having gone over the re-posts... Let me ask you all something, have you all not ever played the devil's advocate? You may believe something one way, but put yourself in another person's shoes? That's really all I am doing here... I can watch the show and see things one way when I may know it's different from what the spoilers say, or it might be close or even excatly like the spoilers... The reason I post so much that I know what is going to happen is so ya'll understand that what I am posting isn't a spoiler, but my opinion... according to what Rejuv (and I don't mean this in any way offesive to Rejuv, because I was thinking this before I read that post too, it's just that Rejuv posted what I was thinking...) I could come here and say I THINK Shane is going to act like a jerk again next week and you all would assume I had some inside information... I would be basing my opinion on the fact that Shane has acted like a jerk every episode not on anything the spoilers have to say... I did post that there would be a family reward visit and I explained why I didn't feel that would be considered a spoiler, but then I thought about it and saw what others might be thinking... I was basing that off the fact that there is one every year, just like the merge, you know it's coming you just don't know when... The post I made about the F9 I didn't think of as a spoiler any longer either, because as of the last show we are at the F9... I felt if I came in and started agreeing with people on who they liked and didn't like, who was playing good game and not without posting I knew the spoiler information, people would be really mad and think I was posting stuff that was spoiler information, when all I was doing is looking at game play... Maybe I am lucky or something, but I really can separate what I know from the spoilers and what I am seeing on the TV...

Quite simply what I am saying is that I have seen so many references to whats been seen and said and read at spoiler sites that any input is tainted. I can't say any clearer that I hate spoilers and intentionally stay out of threads that are marked as such and would appreciate ALL spoiler related info stay out of the general discussions.

Jeff said that the idol can be used UP TO the final 4. If the idol is not used before the final 4, then the idol has no power to save the owner from being vote out of the game.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Echo.

Archived