kelli sucks ace too

uvp

kelli is terrible. only time she sounds remotely decent is on the high notes. home girl is really tone deaf and very pitchy when she sings. looks the reason shev still in it sreiously

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She may not be the best of what's left, but vocally, there's still three girls who are worse then her :)

i beg to differ. she in the top three worst. seriously i wear ear plugs when she sings. that girl is terrible but being the sterotypical blonde may make win the show

kelli is terrible. only time she sounds remotely decent is on the high notes. home girl is really tone deaf and very pitchy when she sings. looks the reason shev still in it sreiously

No----she's not. I don't know what exactly you were listening to, and I don't think she has the best voice in the competition, but she's probably top 6. She is not pitchy, and definitely not even remotely tone deaf. And looks have little to do with why she's still there. If it did, Becky the Maxim girl wouldn't have been the first one eliminated.

No----she's not. I don't know what exactly you were listening to, and I don't think she has the best voice in the competition, but she's probably top 6. She is not pitchy, and definitely not even remotely tone deaf. And looks have little to do with why she's still there. If it did, Becky the Maxim girl wouldn't have been the first one eliminated.

I agree. I thought she was one of the best. Granted, she's no Carrie Underwood, but she was much better than a few of the others, to me. Plus, she was the last performance. I really can't recall an episode of AI that ended with a REALLY bad performance. I don't think FOX wants to leave us with a "bad taste" in our mouths at the conclusion of the show. Just my two cents.

I have to disagree with you her High Notes SUCK!!! I didn't think she was so bad when she started her song tonite. But man she needs to go!!

Can't for the life of me figure out why Simon is pimping her so much. She must be good in the sack

I don't like anything about Kelli... her voice, her looks or her fake "naivette' act" she has going on. (jmo) But, Simon likes her, and as Paula pointed out the young boys do too. Maybe not just young boys... my husband likes her a lot... I should have said childish men... I'm JUST KIDDING. :P It's going to be hard to pick who I think will be elimated this round... I only like 3 or 4 of ladies left.

Actually, it's not just Simon that was talking her up. For the last two weeks, all 3 judges have given her highly positive reviews.

But stranger things have happened. Two years ago, the person who had arguably the second best voice in the entire competition {LaToya London} got sent home long before she should have, also for a reason completely unrelated to her voice----she was a boring performer. Jennifer Hudson was another.

What I'm saying, if you can disregard all the other reasons why you may not care for her, the over-bubbly silly personality, the style of music she does, the ditzy mannerisms,her looks, etc., etc., and just closed your eyes and listened to the voice, there isn't much room for debate. She should finish in the top 6.

So it can't be just Simon. I've seen two polls in newspapers that both place her in the top 4.

But some of you might get your wish-----we know that people vote for many reasons, and vocal ability is just one of them.

Well. I know she doesn't have the greatest voice of the contestants, but I still like her. Is she playing out her 15 minutes of naivete fame? Maybe, but in a way its a refreshing change and cute to watch. Still, I realize it's a competition and when the time comes (whenever that may be) I know she'll have to go.

I understand that she's supposed to have this cute thang going on (not my taste when a girl seems to play "dumber" than she is) but, I get it. But, the girl can't sing. She's got some control but, she's very limited. She does go for it... which I give credit to... but, she rarely gets there... is all over the place pitchwise, etc. etc. But, I'm not completely unaware of what people are seeing in her... I just don't agree with it. :) I feel pretty much the same way about Paris except I do think she can perform so, I understand that she has an "it" factor.

I agree. I thought she was one of the best. Granted, she's no Carrie Underwood, but she was much better than a few of the others, to me. Plus, she was the last performance. I really can't recall an episode of AI that ended with a REALLY bad performance. I don't think FOX wants to leave us with a "bad taste" in our mouths at the conclusion of the show. Just my two cents.

I agree I dont believe she will win but I think she will def make it pretty far!!!!

IMO she is, by far not the worst and I believe it was Kinnik who was the worst last night, talk about pitchy!!

I believe Kellie will go far, but she wont win, just because she is too much like the last winner! But she still rocks! I actually like her performances and she looked great last night too. I think her main problem is not giving it 100% I think nerves still have a little to do with it. But overall I think we will see her in the top 6!

I wouldn't be sure sure the dumb ditzy act is all an act, either. Although her home town, Albemarle, is only 40 miles from Charlotte, it's a little town who's big attraction is a gas station-----I don't even think it has a general store, and it's not even incorporated. :lol: Or wasn't , as of 20 years ago.

As far as being pitchy goes , though, compared to the others in the competition, most notably Kinnick and Paris, her tonal recognition is pretty much spot-on. Most performers, if they're nervous, will actually sing sharp{ over the pitch} rather than flat {under}. Kinnick has done her last two songs almost one-eigth of a pitch over.

We're probably not ever going to agree on Kellie----and it doesn't really matter. She probably will last for quite a while, but won't come close to winning. Based on what I've heard so far, this is Mandisa's competition to lose. She's kind of at a different level. As good as she was last night, I wondered if the auditorium would still be standing if she did the song that Katherine McPhee did. {"Freedom", by Aretha Franklin}. :D

IMO she is, by far not the worst and I believe it was Kinnik who was the worst last night, talk about pitchy!!

I believe Kellie will go far, but she wont win, just because she is too much like the last winner! But she still rocks! I actually like her performances and she looked great last night too. I think her main problem is not giving it 100% I think nerves still have a little to do with it. But overall I think we will see her in the top 6!

I agree Kinnik was the worse last night and I also think Kelli will go far. I like her and imo do not think her naivette is an act. She had never sang with a band before AI and is all raw talent. Do you remember the audition show when she was going to sing solo with the band? She said "I have never sung with a band before. What do I do?" I beleive the reason the judges like her is because she is a raw talent and naive to the "star world" and unspoiled. She didn't exactly grow up in the back woods. She grew up in a small southern town on the outskirts of Charlotte. I will be surprised if she is voted out this week. But I am surprised every year..so whats new.

I agree Kinnik was the worse last night and I also think Kelli will go far. I like her and imo do not think her naivette is an act. She had never sang with a band before AI and is all raw talent. Do you remember the audition show when she was going to sing solo with the band? She said "I have never sung with a band before. What do I do?" I beleive the reason the judges like her is because she is a raw talent and naive to the "star world" and unspoiled. She didn't exactly grow up in the back woods. She grew up in a small southern town on the outskirts of Charlotte. I will be surprised if she is voted out this week. But I am surprised every year..so whats new.

lol, yeah I usually get surprised too, most of the time who I think is going home usually doesnt! Although it is a bit easier with 4 going I have usually gotten 2 out of the 4 right lol, woo hoo 50% thats a pass right? :blink:

lol, yeah I usually get surprised too, most of the time who I think is going home usually doesnt! Although it is a bit easier with 4 going I have usually gotten 2 out of the 4 right lol, woo hoo 50% thats a pass right? :blink:

I know what you mean. Remember a couple of years ago early in the competition when Fantasia, LaToya, and Jennifer were voted the bottom three? They told John Stevens to join the safe group and he went over to those three. Ryan told him that wasn't the safe group and there was dead silence in the auditorium. :lol:

I agree Kinnik was the worse last night and I also think Kelli will go far. I like her and imo do not think her naivette is an act. She had never sang with a band before AI and is all raw talent. Do you remember the audition show when she was going to sing solo with the band? She said "I have never sung with a band before. What do I do?"

Well she lied there are reports all over the net that she has sang with bands and has sang in front of many people (another lie she told) Heck she has even sang on tv before. Granted it was Charolette NC TV but none the less..in front of people.

She is a big fat liar and she makes me sick :unsure:;)

I loved Kelly's audition. But her lack of vocal ability, performance skill and the "I'm-such-a-cute-country-girl" thing has completely changed my opinion of her. There is just too much wrong with her that the judges are willing to overlook it is making me sick. Yet much better singers are constantly cut off at the knees and beaten down week after week.

Well she lied there are reports all over the net that she has sang with bands and has sang in front of many people (another lie she told) Heck she has even sang on tv before. Granted it was Charolette NC TV but none the less..in front of people.

She is a big fat liar and she makes me sick :unsure:;)

Can you post a linkplease? I did a search and all I found was this...

"Kellie Pickler actually has more experience in singing in public than most would probably gather from her American Idol background clip. Kellie competed in 2005 in a North Carolina signing competition called

I have to disagree with you her High Notes SUCK!!! I didn't think she was so bad when she started her song tonite. But man she needs to go!!

Can't for the life of me figure out why Simon is pimping her so much. She must be good in the sack

what goods man . yeah i agree simon must be getting some to be pimping her up so much

I understand that she's supposed to have this cute thang going on (not my taste when a girl seems to play "dumber" than she is) but, I get it. But, the girl can't sing. She's got some control but, she's very limited. She does go for it... which I give credit to... but, she rarely gets there... is all over the place pitchwise, etc. etc. But, I'm not completely unaware of what people are seeing in her... I just don't agree with it. :) I feel pretty much the same way about Paris except I do think she can perform so, I understand that she has an "it" factor.

glad someone see it the way i see it.

I loved Kelly's audition. But her lack of vocal ability, performance skill and the "I'm-such-a-cute-country-girl" thing has completely changed my opinion of her. There is just too much wrong with her that the judges are willing to overlook it is making me sick. Yet much better singers are constantly cut off at the knees and beaten down week after week.

exactly. she sings bad but cause she cute she gets praises while others get told by simon to pack their bags.

Although she is not the best singer in the competition she is not the worst. She does have a certain quality about her that makes her likable. Like it or not she will be around at least until the final 12.

that 'certain quality' being the wide-legged squat she repeatedly does while singing?

the 'im a lil country girl' thing was cute for one show, but someone should tell her that she needs to think of something else to say now

Yeah, this is basically how I feel about her now. I was a fan up until she made that 's-s-sal-mon' comment which came across like some kind of bad Jessica Simpson buffalo-wing impression. The small-town girl routine was only endearing when it seemed sincere, but now it just comes across as a ploy to get people to vote for her.

Every year there seems to be one contestant who overstays their welcome - first year it was Nikki McKibbon lasting longer than Tamyra Grey, then it was Carmen Rasmussen, and then it was Jasmine Trias outlasting Latoya London . . . sure hope she doesn't manage to outlast somebody like Paris or Mandisa. Boy are people sure going to sounding off on her then!

PS Blackcat - here is a link to some more stuff on Kellie at Vote For The Worst . . . basically the same info, just presented in a different way. Some of it's totally outrageous like their theory that she's become spoiled rich girl from working at Sonic, so please don't shoot the messenger! :)

Sorry to disappoint all you Kelli haters, but the AOL poll as well as MSN are placing her in the final four. And after hearing the abuse she's taking from some of you, I couldn't be happier-------I didn't think that such an unimposing little girl could create such animosity here.

Sorry to disappoint all you Kelli haters, but the AOL poll as well as MSN are placing her in the final four. And after hearing the abuse she's taking from some of you, I couldn't be happier-------I didn't think that such an unimposing little girl could create such animosity here.

I am sure there were many polls who said Constantine would make final 4 as well....

Archived